First Meeting

Something Called Love...

“Hello?”

“Hyung, where are you? Why aren’t you with your wife at the reunion?” Changmin suddenly called his employer.

“Changmin? Are you there with her?” Yunho replied, rather shocked to hear his voice.

“I’m accompanying Ayumi. Hyung, I know you might be busy, but you better head here as soon as possible,” Changmin warned.

Yunho could sense that something was wrong with his tone of voice. He had a bad feeling about that and wasn’t sure of what to ask. “Something wrong?”

“There’s this girl… I always saw her coming to your office. She’s here, the model one? I don’t know who she is, but I had a really bad feeling about her,” the younger boy replied.

Yunho stepped on the brake extra hard when he heard that. “What?!” he yelped, shocked that Soojin was at the reunion. “What is she doing there?”

“Unfortunately, she used to study here years ago…” he replied.

Yunho widened his eyes, his heart beating at a thousand times a minute. Was it a coincidence that his wife and ex-girlfriend studied at the same high school? Although he was sure both Ji Eun and Soojin have never met each other,he couldn’t help but to feel nervous of what might happen. 


“Ji Eun doesn’t just have a date, she already has… a b-boyfriend!” Ayumi suddenly interrupted.

“Really? Where is he?” Soojin asked curiously.

“Yeah Ji Eun-ah, where is he?” her other friends asked enthusiastically, eyes darting everywhere for any signs of Ji Eun’s date.

“He’s a little busy… he couldn’t come,” Ji Eun mumbled softly, quite disappointed.

“Aww… pity, we would love to meet him,” Soojin sighed. “Wait… is that a wedding ring?” she pointed to Ji Eun’s finger.

That caught everyone’s attention as Ji Eun was slightly taken aback. She was trying to hide the ring behind her while smiling awkwardly. “What? N-no…”

“I’ve modeled lots of jewelleries before. I think I know how wedding rings look like,” Soojin quickly caught Ji Eun’s hands and examined the ring.

Just as I thought… it a match to Yunho’s ring… is she really his wife? Soojin thought.

“Ji Eun-ah… why would you be wearing a wedding ring?” one girl suddenly asked.

“W-well, I… b-because…”

“Because she is married…” a voice suddenly answered for the tongue tied Ji Eun.

Everyone turned their heads to the source of the voice. A tall handsome man was walking confidently towards the group that was starting to crowd around Ji Eun. Ji Eun widened her eyes when she saw who it was as the man gave her a soft, reassuring smile.

“To me,” he finished his sentence, arriving beside his wife.

The group broke into a loud squeal, screech, mumbles and anything that you could imagine. They were shocked indeed to hear their friend getting married at souch a young age. Soojin on the other hand widened her eyes in disbelieve, it’s just as she thought. Lee Ji Eun is Jung Yunho’s wife.

Though Soojin was still in shock of the revelation, she kept her composure. Trying to figure out how to turn the situation to her benefit. Ji Eun was sighing in relief, glad that Yunho was there to save the day. He circled one arm around her waist, smiling at her while silently telling her that everything will be alright.

“Yunho? So… this is your wife?” Soojin acted like she was shocked, pointing towards the girl she despised the most.

It was as if they were staging a drama as everyone stopped and stared at the scene occurring before their eyes. Now it was Yunho’s time to widen his eyes in shock, his heart beating at a fast rate. Would this really be the end of him? Would this be the time where Ji Eun will know all of the things he kept a secret from her?

Yunho took a deep breath, before answering. “Yes, Ji Eun is my wife,”

“Finally, we met Mrs. Jung Yunho,” Soojin greeted the younger girl.

Ji Eun swore she could sense the sarcasm in her voice. The moment she set eyes on the woman before her, she knew there was something about her that would make her feel uncomfortable. She glanced at her husband who was smiling gently at Soojin, wondering what is the relation between those two.

“Oppa, you know Soojin-sunbae?” Ji Eun asked, lightly tugging onto his shirt to get his attention.

Before Yunho could even opne his mouth, Soojin answered for him. “Of course he knew me so well, we used to be lovers,” she giggled.

That was when Ji Eun felt her heart stopped. So here she was, Yunho’s ex that she was wondering about for such a long time. They were finally face to face with each other. Staring at Soojin from head to toe, Ji Eun could tell why Yunho used to love her. Soojin matches Yunho’s ideal type perfectly. She was beginning to wonder why they broke up.

“B-but now… we’re just friends,” Yunho immediately answered.

There was a moment of silence between the three as each of them was thinking of what to say next. The spectators that were watching them didn’t even flinch as they heard every single word being said. Suddenly a loud voice made the crowd dispersed.

“Okay, drama’s over! Go back to what you were doing just now!” Changmin shouted loudly while Ayumi tried to shoo the crowd away.

“And don’t even try to make rumours, or else… you’ll be dealing with me and my monster eater cousin!” Ayumi added as her cousin glared at her.

“So… introduction is over, I guess we should go back to ur own business now,” Ayumi and Changmin tried to pull the couple away from Soojin.

“Why the rush? We just met, I would like to get to know Ji Eun-sshi better,” Soojin grabbed hold of Yunho’s arm, preventing them from escaping.

Ji Eun’s face was pale white, she didn’t know how to react to what she have just discovered. Her world started to turn as she felt dizzy and light-headed. Just the sight of Soojin’s figure would make her feel anxious. Yunho was to busy with Soojin to notice that. Ji Eun felt like collapsing to the floor before she was caught by her friends.

“Ji Eun-ah, kwenchana?” they asked, concerned.

“I-I’m fine… thanks,” she accepted a glass of water offered by them.

“Is it true that you’re married? To that handsome guy?” they started to ask her.

Ji Eun just gave a small smile as she nodded shyly, not knowing how to properly respond. This was all too much for her to take in one night.

“Well… congratulations!” they cheered for her, much to her expectation.

“Y-you’re not mad at me?”

“Why would we be? There’s nothing wrong with you getting married. We understand why you kept this a secret, you did marry at an early age,” Hyelim replied.

“Yeah, Ayumi explained it to us. Besides… you guys look so good together!” they cheered again.

Ji Eun sighed in relief for having such understanding friends. She was really grateful that no one was treating her differently for what they have just discovered. They were her true friends indeed.

“But Ji Eun-ah… you have to be careful of Park soojin. She’s… not like what she seems,” one of her friends warned.

Ji Eun glanced at her husband who was having a conversation with soojin from afar. They looked like they enjoyed whatever was conversed.

“She has a lot of rumours, scandals,” Changmin suddenly butted in. 


“Yunho-ah, do you really trust your wife?” Soojin suddenly asked as she shifted her gaze to Ji Eun.

“Of course I do. I would never doubt her,” Yunho answered confidently.

“I would think twice if I were you. Look, she looks close to that guy over there,” she pointed to where she was observing.

Yunho turned around, stared and smirked. “That’s my sister’s boyfriend a.k.a my personal assistant,” he replied casually.

“And you trust him?”

“He wouldn’t be my personal assistant if I didn’t trust him right?”

“True,”

Then, Ayumi came running to the two while pulling Yunho away to talk. “Yunho-sshi, I think you should bring Ji Eun home. She doesn’t look good, maybe she needs a rest,”

Yunho immediately hurried towards his wife, worried to hear her sudden condition. Ji Eun’s friends were still mingling at her table when Yunho came. He kneeled before her, checking his wife’s condition.

“Baby, kwenchana?” he asked, gently caressing her cheeks.

“I’m fine, just a little tired,” she replied with a weak smile.

“Maybe we should head home, you need some rest,” Yunho pulled her up as they bid her friends goodbye and left. 


The two drove in silence as Ji Eun was busy gazing out the window. Yunho noticed her silence, she didn’t even greet him when he arrived at the reunion.

“Baby, are you okay?” he asked, worried of her sudden change of attitude.

Ji Eun turned to his direction, gave a small smile before continued gazing outside the window.

“Are you hungry? Did you eat just now?” he asked softly.

“I’m not hungry, but I’m fine,” she simply replied.

Yunho took her simple replies as a sign that he should stop and keep quiet. He continued his focus on the road, somehow their way back home seems far with the silence engulfing them.

“Is she… really your ex-girlfriend?” Ji Eun suddenly mumbled after a moment of silence.

“Y-yes… but now we’re just friends nothing more,” he quickly clarified to her.

Upon arriving at their house, Ji Eun stepped inside hurriedly, leaving her husband following from behind. She quickly changed into her pajamas and slipped under the covers, falling into a deep sleep soon after.

Yunho too joined her on the bed, gazing at the figure of his wife. She looked so exhausted, as if she had done a whole day of household chores. He gently brushed away strands of hair covering her face as he bent down and gave a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Mianhe that you found out about it this way,” he murmured. “But I love you now,”

next chapter is up! what do you think of this update? i tried my best to bring the best drama i could think of for this scene. i'm updating at 1 a.m right now. and i have an exam in afew hours time. wish me the best! hope you guys will enjoy my story!

thanks so much for reading! <3