Happy Birthday Oppa

Something Called Love...

“Min-ah, you have to do it exactly as planned okay?” Jihye repeated for the hundredth time to her boyfriend.

“Arasso… but what if it didn’t go as planned?” Changmin suddenly had a thought. He knew that the great Jung Yunho wouldn’t be fooled that easily.

But Jihye knew her brother well. “Use Plan B. If it’s still not working, ask help from Junsu or Jaejoong oppa,” she stated, sounding very sure that her plans will work.

After she ended the call, she caught a glimpse of her mother dragging her sister-in-law into the shopping complex. Did she really have to drag the poor girl like that? Jihye sighed, seeing how desperate her mother looked like.

“Omma, relax. We still have a lot of time to prepare. You don’t have to drag poor Ji Eun like that,” Jihye assured the panicked Misun who was breathing heavily.

“So, what are we doing here unnie?” Ji Eun asked while patting Misun’s back to calm her down.

“We are planning a surprise birthday party for Yunho oppa,” Jihye simply stated as they walked by the shops. “Though… he doesn’t really like surprises,”

“I’ve figured that,” Ji Eun nodded. “But don’t you think he will figure it out? I mean, he’s really observant,” she questioned, knowing her husband.

“That’s why I already created the perfect plan. Besides, there’s a lot of people who are participating,” Jihye stated proudly, smiling brightly to herself.

“Junsu, Jaejoong and even Jihye’s new boyfriend. What’s his name again…Chang…” Misun scratched her head at the last name.

“It’s Changmin omma…” Jihye repeated, shaking her head as she did so. “I thought you’ve met him before,” she whined.

Ji Eun chuckled as Misun smiled at her. “Aish, I can’t really remember things well. You will experience the same when you get older,” she reminded.

“Just make sure you remember his name when you meet him in person,” Jihye reminded, not wanting to embarrass herself.

“Aigoo~ arasso…” Misun laughed as she held onto Ji Eun’s hand. “How’s my daughter-in-law? Omma missed you so much,” she turned her attention to Ji Eun.

Jihye stepped inside a dress boutique as the two female followed from behind. Misun dragged Ji Eun to take a seat and continue their conversation as Jihye went to explore the shop. She wondered what were they doing there.

“I missed you too omma,” she squeezed the older woman’s hands in assurance. If only she could say those words to her real mother. “I’m fine, just busy taking care of Yunho oppa,”

“Aigoo~ such a great wife you are. Yunho must be very spoiled,” Misun pinched her cheek. “I heard that you two went to visit your parents,” she asked.

Images of what happened on their visit started to pour in her mind as Ji Eun tried to surpress herself from crying. She just smiled awkwardly and nodded, feeling a wave of emotion going to hit her. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself, but unfortunately, Misun noticed that.

“Is something wrong sweety? You know you can tell me anything, I already treated you just like my own daughter,” Misun patted Ji Eun’d hands gently showing a strong motherly aura.

Ji Eun’s eyes were getting teary as she decided to tell what happened. “It turns out that… Lee Yejin isn’t my biological mother,” she simply stated.

“What?! I thought so!” Jihye yelped, running over to the two with a pile of clothes in her hands. She dropped them on the table beside them and sat in front of Ji Eun. “Tell us!”

Misun lightly slapped her daughter’s arms to silence her. “How did you know? Is this true?” she asked, holding tightly onto Ji Eun’s hands.

“I overheard mom and dad’s conversation. Dad was scolding her about not accepting me as a daughter and she blurted out the truth,” Ji Eun silently sobbed.

“I knew it! She really looked suspicious and the way she talks to you sounds like she didn’t like you at all,” Jihye clicked her fingers, finding the truth about her curiosity.

Ji Eun was surprised at Jihye’s observation. Someone who just met Yejin for a few days already felt suspicious. How come she, who lived with her for almost eighteen years couldn’t see that at all? Ji Eun was mentally smacking her head for being so naïve and gullible.

Misun held her shoulders and made Ji Eun face her. “Ji Eun-ah, it’s not your fault you aren’t able to realize that. Besides, she shouldn’t treat you like that even if you’re not her real daughter,” she comforted the poor girl.

Jihye patted Ji Eun’s back while adding. “Omma’s right. Besides, you have omma as a mother and we already treated you like a real family,”

“Thanks…” Ji Eun wiped her tears and hugged Misun tightly. “I’m sorry for ruining the mood. We should get back to preparing for oppa’s birthday,” she tried to give the brightest smile she could muster.

Ji Eun was glad that she have Jung Misun as her mother-in-law. At least she could experience the motherly aura that Misun gave out. Yunho’s family has been really supporting and that made her feel even better. Though deep inside her heart, she wanted to know who is her real mother, what happened to her and why did she leave her.

Did her mother hate her just like Yejin did? Was she really bringing bad luck that made her real mother left her? Why did her father kept this secret from her even when he knew that Yejin was treating her badly? Those questions were unresolved, yet she thought of more.

I need to find my real mother. I need to ask dad…


Each of them bought a nice dress for the celebration that evening. Jihye already bought the perfect cake for Yunho’s birthday and now they were on their way to find the perfect present for him. Jihye settled on a limited edition TAG Heuer watch while Misun bought a thick book titled, ‘How to be a great father’. Ji Eun couldn’t help but to chuckle at her mother-in-law’s choice of gift. If only she knew that Yunho wanted 25 children, she’ll be shocked.

“What about you Ji Eun-ah?” Misun asked after paying for her present.

Ji Eun just shrugged her shoulders, eyes still wandering around the store. She wasn’t really good at choosing gifts since the only people she ever bought any gifts was her father and Ayumi. Besides, this was her husband’s birthday, she wanted to give him something special.

Being the heir of Jung Corp. and born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Yunho pretty much owned everything. And it’s not hard for him to buy anything that he wants. Ji Eun wanted to give something that will be useful to him and at the same time, memorable.

Then Ji Eun caught a glimpse of cufflinks for suits. Yunho is always busy with work and he goes to work wearing suits everyday. These cufflinks might be suitable for him. she walked closer to the display and stared intently for any designs that she might like.

“Can I help you miss?” the salesgirl greeted her with a bright smile.

“Are these engravable?” Ji Eun asked pointing to the blank cufflinks.

The salesgirl nodded and took out a few samples in front of her. “Initials or full name?” she asked.

Right then, Ji Eun decided to buy the engraved cufflinks for Yunho. She bought a pair of simple silver cufflinks with her name on one of them and Yunho’s name on the other. The gifts were simple, yet she liked the fact that she made them special by engraving their names on it.

“These are nice honey,” Misun examined the gifts as they were on their way home.

“Omma, how exactly are you gonna make Yunho oppa come?” Ji Eun asked, since Yunho’s only destination after work would be straight back to their own home.

“That’s when you play your part Ji Eun-ah,” Jihye replied, busy texting on her cellphone.


Meanwhile, Jung Yunho’s plan to come home early that day was disturbed by the continuous files piling up on his desk. His personal assistant, Shim Changmin was doing his best to make the CEO busy enough until all the preparations for his birthday party was ready.

Yunho’s hands were aching from signing too much papers. Still, he managed to finish them all just in time for him to go home. Changmin on the other hand, was busy texting Jihye to ask if they have finished with the preparations. He was running out of things to keep Yunho busy.

“That’s the last one,” Yunho sighed in relief, singing the last file on his desk.

He tidied up his work and grabbed his briefcase as he headed to the door. Yunho had a really tiring day and all he wanted to do right then was meet his wife. But Changmin suddenly blocked the door, preventing him from exiting.

“What’s wrong Changmin-ah? I really need to go home right now,” Yunho raised and eyebrow at the younger man’s behaviour.

“Err… well… you still haven’t answered my question yet!” Changmin blurted out whatever popped in his mind.

Yunho crossed his arms before him and asked. “What question? I think there’s enough lesson for today, we’ll continue next time,” he stated, confirming that he taught him enough that day.

“No wait! I mean… can I call you hyung?” Changmin asked the most desperate question Yunho heard from him.

“Fine… I guess you’re decent for my sister. You can call me hyung, outside of the office and working matters,” Yunho finally agreed.

“Oh thank you hyung!” Changmin bowed several times.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me. My work is done and I’m heading back home,” Yunho wasn’t going to play along with Changmin’s antiques and pushed him away from the door.

Changmin could only stare at the figure of Yunho disappearing into the elevator as he sighed in defeat. He did all he could to stall the time for Yunho, now it depends on his family. Changmin wiped the beads of sweat on his forehead and headed to the Jungs house, he was invited too.

 **

“Yunho is on his way!” Jihye exclaimed, making everyone in the house to run around in a panic state.

Ji Eun is the only one staring weirdly at everyone around her. She tilted her head to the side while thinking and then she gasped. “Omo! Yunho oppa must be heading home, not here! Ottoke?”

“Call him! Tell him to come and pick you up here,” Jung Hyundong suggested as Ji Eun nodded.

Everyone stayed silent as they stared hopefully at Ji Eun. After a few rings, Yunho picked up the phone and greeted her. “Hello baby… I’ll be home soon, don’t worry,” he smiled.

“Oppa… urm…” Ji Eun was so nervous, she felt tongue tied.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Yunho asked, a hint of worry could be heard.

Junsu felt as if he was about to explode from the anticipation as he forcefully grabbed the phone from Ji Eun. “Yunho hyung! Come to your parents house quick!” he yelped, making everyone jumped.

“What’s wrong?” Yunho asked as his heartbeat started to get faster.

“Ji Eun err… fell down the stairs! A-and… s-she fainted!” being in the state of panic, Junsu just blurted out what popped in his mind.

“What?! Yah!” Yunho yelped, even before he could ask more questions, Junsu hung up.

Ji Eun was starting to get worried, Junsu’s excuse was too exaggerating. “Junsu oppa… do you really have to say that?” she whined, knowing her short-tempered husband.

As usual, he earned a smack at the back of his head from Jaejoong. “Yah! That’s too exaggerating! What if he gets a heart attack?” he scolded.

“Yunho oppa is gonna drive like a madman and kick open the door… I so don’t want to see his wrath!” Jihye squealed, already hiding behind her mother for protection. 


As expected, a few minutes after, Yunho barged through the door to his parents house with all his might. Everyone was already in their position and shouted, “Happy Birthday!”

Yunho could care less at those birthday greetings or the confetti being thrown towards him. His eyes was searching for only one person in particular, his wife. “Ji Eun-ah! Baby where are you?” he yelled.

Ji Eun walked out of her hiding place and smiled at him. “Oppa!” she called out happily.

Yunho’s expression was far from happy, he was anxious, worried all at the same time. He ran towards her and twirled his wife around to see any injuries on her. He didn’t even notice his family around him or the decorations for his birthday. His only concern was Ji Eun.

“Are you okay? Where does it hurt?” Yunho asked, sounding very worried. “Maybe we should go to the hospital?” he suggested as he lifted her up bridal style.

“Oppa wait!” Ji Eun yelled, jolting him back to reality. “Calm down oppa… I’m fine. I didn’t feel down the stairs,” she assured him.

Yunho stared into her eyes in shock as she slowly caressed his cheek. “But… Junsu said…”

“He only said that so that you’ll come here. We’re celebrating your birthday here,” Ji Eun explained calmly to him.

Yunho let out a sigh of relief as he slowly placed his wife back on her feet. He embraced her tightly and kissed her hair lovingly. “Thank goodness you’re alright, I’m so worried…”

After realizing the truth, he went out to search for Junsu. “Junsu-ah! Where are you? I almost got a heart attack!” he yelled at the top of his lungs, eyes darting everywhere for Junsu.

Jaejoong kicked the poor guardian angel towards Yunho. “Here you go, please spare the rest of us…” he pleaded, using Junsu as the bait.

“Err… Happy Birthday hyung…” Junsu nervously waved and handed his present.


“Thank you for the ‘surprise’ birthday party,” Yunho chuckled as soon the couple arrived home. “Ah, finally we’re home!” he exclaimed happily, leaning on the bed.

Ji Eun smiled, satistified that everything turned out well. “I’m sorry if I shocked you,” she apologized.

“No need to apologise baby. I loved it,” Yunho smiled as he gently held her hand.”By the way, I must comment that you looked beautiful tonight,” he added.

Ji Eun blushed as she stared at her dress. It was a white sleeveless dress that flow down beautifully to the floor. She specially chose the dress for tonight and was satisfied that he liked it. Suddenly, Yunho remembered something as he sat up on the bed.

“I remember that I still haven’t received any present from you,” he mentioned, not that he really want the present.

“Ah, here,” Ji Eun took out a small velvet box from her purse and handed to him. “Happy Birthday oppa,”

Yunho opened the present, full of excitement as he examined the gift from his wife. He was touched at the specially engraved cufflinks with each of their names on it. “It’s beautiful… thanks,”

Yunho stood up and placed the gift securely in the drawer. Ji Eun on the other hand was breathing nervously and biting her lip. She wanted to ask him something but she was at the edge of exploding from anxiousness.

She stood up and approached her husband. “O-oppa…”

“Yes?” Yunho turned around with a bright smile on his face.

“T-there’s also something else… erm… I…” Ji Eun mumbled while staring at her feet, playing with her fingers nervously.

“What is it baby? Tell me…” Yunho could sense her nervousness and gently held her hands to calm her down.

Ji Eun swallowed her saliva as she braced herself to ask him the question. “Willyoumakelovetometonight?” she said it in one breath.

Yunho thought he heard something shocking, but he wasn’t sure since she spoke too fast. “Say that again…” he requested as he lifted her chin up to face him.

Ji Eun took another deep breath as she took the courage to look at his face. “Yunho oppa… will you… make love to me tonight?” she finally said them clearly.

The request took Yunho off guard as he took several minutes to decipher what she said and fully understood them. “W-what? Baby… are you sure about this?” he asked.

A mix of emotion was running through him. He was feeling happy an excited to finally hear those words coming from his wife, but at the same time he was feeling insecure of her request. He didn’t want her to feel forced and he didn’t even know if she’s ready.

“I’m really sure about this,” Ji Eun nodded like a child, earning a worried expression on his face.

“Baby, I’m sorry if I’m pressuring you, but I don’t want you to feel forced. I still can wait…” he tried to reason with her.

Ji Eun shut him off by kissing his lips tenderly. “I’m positively sure oppa,” she nodded and squeezed his hands gently for assurance.

“But… what if I hurt you? What if I made you uncomfortable?” he listed his worries.

Ji Eun gently caressed his cheek. “Oppa, I think I’m ready. Besides, I trust you with all my heart…” she confidently explained to him. “I am scared too, but I love you so much oppa… don’t you?”

Yunho bent down and kissed her lips passionately, showing just how much he loves her. “I love you too Ji Eun-ah,” he mumbled in her ear.

Those worries turned into a smile as he lifted her up and gently placed her on the bed. Yunho got ontop of her as they stared lovingly into each other’s eyes. All they could see was love, nothing other than that.

He slipped his hand behind her back to her dress when he stopped. “Tell me if you’re hurt okay?” he asked, still slightly worried.

Ji Eun nodded with a smile, her heart was beating rapidly in her chest. “I trust you Yunho oppa,”

“Thank you baby,” Yunho kissed her passionately as they made love to each other. That night, two hearts and two souls become one in the name of love.

this chapter is so hard to write LoL. it took me some time. is it cliche? XD i didn't really check the spelling and grammar errors, so if you see any kindly let me know okay? so, enjoy the update! love you guys ^^*~