The Mischievous Dinner

Something Called Love...

The Jungs couple arrived later than the other couple. Miyoung was waiting impatiently, silently cursing to Ji Eun as the cause of Yunho running late. She was also shocked when she found out Yoochun was joining them too. She didn’t like the interference of an outsider.

“Miyoung-sshi, are you okay? You look restless,” Yoochun decided to ask after watching her for quite some time.

“Nothing, I’m just hungry and Yunho oppa is not here yet,” she replied, uninterested.

“Sorry we’re late,” Yunho’s voice was heard a few minutes later.

Both of them stood up from their chairs as they watched the couple walk towards them hand in hand. Miyoung smiled when she saw Yunho, but silently glared daggers at the confused Ji Eun. Yoochun however was taken aback with what he saw, Ji Eun looked familiar to him.

“Sorry, we had some problems with the traffic,” Yunho apologized as he pulled Ji Eun to the table. “Anyway, this is my wife.” He proudly gestured.

“Annyonghaseyo, Jung Ji Eun-imnida,” she bowed and froze when she saw who was in front of her.

Miyoung was standing in front of her giving a sly smile that only she saw. Honestly, she was doubting Miyoung after what happened at Jeju and she definitely didn’t expect to meet her there. She has bad feelings whenever she’s around the woman.

Yoochun was staring at her, a mix of shock and delight to see her. Ji Eun never expected to meet him again, especially when he was introduced by Yunho. There was a moment of silence as all four people were staring at each other.

“Ji Eun-sshi, it’s nice to meet you again,” Yoochun was the first one to speak as he shook hands with her.

“Oh, n-ne Yoochun-sshi,” Ji Eun returned the gesture and smiled.

The other two people was shocked to find out that they both knew each other. “You both know each other?” they both said in unison with Yunho sounding jealous and Miyoung full of curiosity.

“Oh perhaps you both are ex-lovers before?” Miyoung immediately blurted out.

Yunho on the other hand stared back and forth at his wife and his friend. He noticed they were still shaking hands and pulled Ji Eun’s hands away from Yoochun.

“Ehem, we should sit now,” Yunho coughed out loud and motioned everyone to sit. Yoochun however, noticed him being overprotective towards his wife.

“So, Yunho-sshi is your husband? I should notice the ‘Jung’ before,” Yoochun chuckled, starting the awkward conversation.

“Y-yes, but how do you know each other?” Ji Eun asked, feeling Yunho still holding onto her hand.

Her husband decided to answer the question, “We’re business partners. How about you?” he asked.

Yoochun smiled, seeing how jealous Yunho gets. “We’ve only bumped to each other a few times before,” he replied.

Miyoung who was watching the whole conversation with amusement, decided to interfere, “Why don’t we order first? We can talk later,” she suggested.

Everyone nodded and reached for the menu. Yunho held onto his wife’s wrist tighter as she winced silently. Yoochun noticed how Yunho is a husband who easily gets jealous. He could see how much Yunho cared for her.

Yoochun admitted since his first encounter with Ji Eun, he was instantly smitten by her. How humble and polite she was when declining his offer to bring her to the clinic. Not to mention how beautiful she was, though he could guess that she was still young.

He didn’t give much hope when he first met her, but after bumping into her a few times, he was starting to think if it was fate. However, fate was playing tricks on him when he found out that Ji Eun was married, with Yunho as her husband.

Yunho was still gripping onto her wrist when the food arrived. “Oppa, you can let me go now,” Ji Eun gently spoke as he reluctantly let go of her hand.

Dinner started as an awkward silence as each of their minds were thinking of different things. Yunho was the most affected one. He was confused at how Yoochun and Ji Eun knew each other. Didn’t Ji Eun tell him that she never had guy friends before?

And now, who is Yoochun? Did she lie to me?

“So, how did you both know each other?” Miyoung broke the awkward silence, referring the question to Yoochun and Ji Eun.

“We don’t know each other that much. I just saved her from being hit by a car before,” Yoochun casually replied as Ji Eun was tongue tied at what to answer.

“Ah, I thought you both are ex-lovers. You both look like you suit each other,” Miyoung started her inpromptu and spontaneous attack.

Yunho choked at her last sentence as Ji Eun quickly handed him a glass of water. “Kwenchana oppa?” she asked while gently patting onto his back.

Yunho just merely nodded in return and gulped the water, “Baby, you have something here,” he called out her nickname while wiping the corner of her lips with his thumb.

Ji Eun blushed as the scene was clear to the eyes of Yoochun and Miyoung. Yoochun smiled understandingly, interpreting Yunho’s sign that she is his wife, his possession. Miyoung trying hard to surpress the urge kick Ji Eun from under the table, seeing how affectionate Yunho was towards her.

“No, Yunho-sshi and Ji Eun-sshi are compatible. They look like they were made for each other,” Yoochun stated, replying to Yunho’s sign earlier. “They’re cute,”

“No, they’re not!” Miyoung snapped all of a sudden. “I m-mean…  they’re cute and sweet,” she corrected.


“Excuse me, I have to go to the ladies’,” Ji Eun excused herself and stood up.

“Oh, me too,” Miyoung immediately followed after that.

Ji Eun was washing her hands as Miyoung entered the ladies’ room. She smiled to the elder woman as Miyoung ignored the gesture. She was proudly fixing her make-up and hair in front of Ji Eun, showing how beautiful she is.

“Miyoung-sshi is very beautiful,” she complimented.

Miyoung chuckled in response, “Of course I am. Not like someone who looks like a school girl,” she remarked.

It took Ji Eun some time to comprehend what she said. She stared at her reflection in the mirror and at Miyoung back and forth. She was applying her make-up as Ji Eun barely had make-up on. Jihye decided not to put much make-up on her, saying that she looks naturally beautiful.

“It really shocked me when oppa married you. You look nothing like his past girlfriend,” she casually said, as if nothing was wrong with her words.

“P-past g-girlfriend?”

“Yup, she was graceful, tall and very beautiful. Suits him very much. You look… different,”

“But oppa said he likes me for who I am,” Ji Eun smiled to herself, reminiscing the day he told her that.

“Yeah, sure,” Miyoung reluctantly agreed as Ji Eun left the restroom.

“You may look happy now, but I’ll make sure you won’t be for long,” she smirked to herself, waiting for her plan to be started. 


Meanwhile the two men that were left alone had a conversation of their own.

“You look like you knew Ji Eun for a long time,” Yunho decided to ask the question that has been running through his mind.

“No, not really. I hope you didn’t misunderstand Yunho-sshi. We barely knew each other,” Yoochun tried to explain.

“Oh really? You said you’ve met her a few times before. Where? When?” he interrogated

“Each meeting was a coincidence. When she told me her name, she mentioned that she’s happily married. But I didn’t know it was you,”

“Is it true?”

“Yes, she looks so happy when she told me about you. You don’t have to worry Yunho-sshi, I can see that she’s very happy with you.” Yoochun assured with a friendly smile.

Yoochun knew he had some kind of feeling towards Ji Eun. But he decided to push the feeling away when he saw the young couple. How Ji Eun looks happy around Yunho and how her husband cared about her. He was amused to see Yunho’s jealousy with just a simple handshake. They have the loving gaze in their eyes and he knew they truly care for each other.

“Congratulations by the way. Though it might be late already,” he wished and prayed happiness for both of them, though he can’t help to slightly care about her.

“Thanks,” Yunho nodded with a small smile.

Inside, his heart skipped in excitement when he heard that she felt very happy to be married to him. But, he kept a mental note to still keep and eye on Yoochun from now on and to ask Ji Eun about her connection with him.

“Yunho-sshi, I think you should be careful with Miyoung,” Yoochun advised. “She looks suspicious to me,” he said what was on his mind since he was observing the girl.

“Yeah, I know.” Yunho nodded in agreement. “I don’t really trust her ever since my honeymoon with Ji Eun ended.”

“Sounds serious,” Yoochun commented.

“Yeah, anyway thanks.” He said. “I’ll try to keep an eye on her,”

Ji Eun suddenly walked in, she had an expressionless look on her face after what happened in the restroom. “Baby, are you okay? You look… pale,” her husband asked while placing a palm on her forehead.

She gently took his hand away and smiled, “Kwenchana oppa. What did you guys talk about just now?” she asked.

“Business stuff,” Yoochun answered while smirking to Yunho who replied the gesture.


Dessert arrived a few minutes later as everyone ate in complete silence. Miyoung was grinning from ear to ear when Ji Eun took the first bite of the cake. Unknown to everyone at the table, Miyoung had added an extra ingredient into Ji Eun’s meal. 

It should take effect in one or two days… she thought to herself. 

Ji Eun on the other hand felt very uncomfortable. She was wondering what went wrong, was it her food or her taste buds. From the appetizers to the dessert, almost all of them tasted bland to her. Some of them even have a bitter or excessive taste.

Maybe I am really getting sick. She slightly agreed when Yunho commented that she looked pale.

“By the way Yunho-sshi, we’ll have a meeting tomorrow and posibbly fly to Japan the next day,” Yoochun reminded as if they we’re on a business dinner.

“Oh really? Why so fast?” Yunho asked, while glancing worriedly at Ji Eun.

“We have to take a look at the site and confirm a few things,” Yoochun replied, noticing the look he gave to his wife. “But I’m sure Ji Eun-sshi wouldn’t mind,”

“That’s okay. Work is important,” she nodded understandingly.

“Are you sure baby?” Yunho held onto her hand.

“I’ll be fine oppa. I have omma and unnie remember?” she smiled in assurance.

Perfect. Yunho won’t be around at that time… Miyoung just smirked to herself while listening to the whole conversation. Miyoung was pleased that her plan went smoothly. Now, all she had to do is wait for the effect to take place.


Both Yunho and Ji Eun was silent on their way home. Yunho was deeply thinking of what had just happened at their dinner while Ji Eun was thinking about what Miyoung said. About Yunho’s past girlfriend. She sounded perfect.

She wanted to ask about it from him, but she suddenly felt fatigue. She was also feeling light-headed as her eyes started to slowly close.

By the time Yunho arrived home, Ji Eun was already asleep at the passanger seat. He glanced at his wife while tucking her bangs behind her ear. She looked so peaceful sleeping as Yunho leaned closer and kissed her cheek softly.

He held Ji Eun in his arms and headed inside the house, upstairs into their room. Misun who was sitting at the couch noticed the scene and approached her son.

“What’s wrong with Ji Eun?” she asked, gazing at the sleeping beauty.

“She fell asleep in the car. Must be tired, I guess,” he replied as Ji Eun snuggled closer to his chest.

“Now that’s what I call a responsible husband. My son is so sweet,” Misun squealed and pinched Yunho’s cheeks.

“Omma, you’ll wake Ji Eun up,” he reminded, peeking at his sleeping wife.

“Aish, I’m always jealous with you two. Your dad was never like this,” Misun kept babbling incoherently.

Yunho just chuckled in response, “Appa doesn’t have the strength to lift you up. You should lose weight omma,” he teased and headed upstairs before his mother could say another word.

“Yeah, your father is weak. Wait are you saying I’m fat? Yunho-ah!” Misun just shook her head and sighed heavily.


here's the update~! hope you guys will enjoy it.

hopefully you will understand what Miyoung really planned. it will take effect later. some things in this chapter might not make sense LOL if you have any questions, just ask! <3

somehow i'm not really satisfied with this chapter. but i can't squeeze my brain on this chapter anymore. ideas come for the upcoming ones. so i hope you enjoy! <3