New Chapter In A Marriage's Life

Something Called Love...

“Visit us if you have time okay?” Misun reminded while hugging her daughter-in-law.

She hugged her tighter, not wanting to let her go. Yunho’s mother had developed an attachment to his wife; she really treated Ji Eun like her own daughter. All of his family members adored the younger girl and they felt a little heavy-hearted to let the young couple move out of the house.

“We’re still in Seoul omma. You can come and visit too if you like,” Yunho reasoned while pulling his wife away from the embrace before his mother suffocates her.

Misun reluctantly nodded, “But you must take good care of her. She’ll be alone when you go to work,” she reminded as Yunho nodded understandingly.

“I’ll be fine omma,” Ji Eun assured her.

“That’s why you two must quickly get a child. That way, Ji Eun won’t be so lonely at home,” Hyundong commented all of a sudden. “We could play with our grandchild too,”

“Ah yes! I hope Ji Eun will get pregnant quickly now that you have your own house,” Misun added, smiling brightly when she said that.

Ji Eun widened her eyes and blushed at that statement as Yunho coughed sheepishly, “Ehem… well, we should get going now,” he excused themselves.

The couple bid their family goodbye and left in Yunho’s car to their new house. Throughout the ride, Ji Eun was silent with occasional long sighs. Her husband noticed the uneasiness shown by her as he held her hand with his right hand while the other one is on the steering wheel.

Ji Eun turned to face him. “Baby, why the long sigh?” he asked, smiling warmly at her.

She let out another long sigh before replying, “Nothing… I guess I’m nervous?”

“Why would you be?” he asked curiously as they stopped at the red light.

“I never expected for us to move into our own house that quickly,” Ji Eun mumbled. “But I’m also quite excited for this,”

Yunho smiled as he tucked her bangs behind her ear, “Don’t worry, we’ll get used to it soon,”


The door clicked open as the husband ushered his wife inside. She nervously stepped into their apartment and looked around. The atmosphere in the house was very warm and homely. She went to explore the house on her own as her husband obediently followed from behind. She was very amazed with the house he bought.

Yunho knew he made the right choice when he saw the bright smile on Ji Eun’s face as she wandered inside the house. He found a suitable apartment for them in the middle of Seoul. Though it’s located in the bustling city, the place is quite calm and peaceful. He surveyed a lot of options and finally found a suitable one for them.

The apartment consists of four bedrooms, three bathrooms and a spacious kitchen. It also has a comfortable living room and quite spacious balcony overlooking the city of Seoul. Ji Eun was running around from one place to another, opening every single door she found. Was she really that excited to see their new house. Then, she went to her husband who was standing in the middle of the house, watching her.

“Oppa…” she mumbled. The once bright smile on her face turned into a slight frown.

Yunho raised an eyebrow in curiosity, “Wae?” he asked.

“The house is fully furbished?” she stated.

He nodded, turning around to look at the house, “Yeah, I hired an interior designer for that. He designed it according to my orders,” Yunho explained.

“Oh…” Ji Eun only nodded in response.

Yunho could sense that she was feeling unsatisfied with something. He grabbed her arm before she could turn around. “What’s wrong baby? You don’t like the design?” he asked, afraid of disappointing his wife.

“Anniyo! I didn’t mean it that way!” she frantically waved her hands in front of her. “I was thinking that… maybe we could decorate the house together that’s all…” she said.

“We could still decorate it together. There’re still no curtains, bedsheets and a few decorations,” Yunho replied, pointing to the windows and such.

Ji Eun turned around and observed the house again, “Ah, you’re right! So, we can decorate it?” she asked hopefully.

“Definitely,” he nodded. “Let’s go for some shopping,” he beckoned, dragging his wife with him out the door.

He purposely allowed the designers to only take care of the house’s design and furnitures. He had a thought Ji Eun would want to personally decorate the house. Yunho wanted to make her feel as comfortable as possible in their new home. He even considered buying another house if she didn’t like the current one.

 ***

“No, it should be in peach! It’ll be too dark in the morning if we use red,” Ji Eun protested, shaking her head as Yunho held up the red curtains.

“But I think red looks good,” the husband reasoned, still stubbornly placing them in the trolley. “Besides, it’s only for nighttime. For day, we could use the day curtain,” he pointed towards the other section in the store.

Ji Eun pouted, disappointed that her suggestions were denied. “Fine, you choose them yourself then,” she said, putting the curtains back to where they belong.

The couple were shopping at a home deco store and were arguing about what colour they should use for the curtains in the living room. Yunho insisted on red because that’s his favourite colour while Ji Eun protested and suggested a lighter colour instead. She kept saying that dark colour would make the house looks smaller than it should be.

Tired from arguing with her husband any further, the wife sighed heavily while leaving him to choose on his own. She figured there’s no use if she suggested anything because Yunho has been objecting every single one of her choices. She sat at a nearby bench, crossing her arms before her and pouting, looking frustrated.

He noticed that Ji Eun was sulking and sighed heavily at the scene. He walked over to her and sat on the bench too, “Mianhe baby,” he consoled her.

Yunho tried to console her, but she turned around making him face her back, “If you’re so good at it, then choose by yourself!” she replied.

“Baby~” he cooed, trying to tickle her neck.

Ji Eun had to bit her lip to prevent her from laughing. “Oppa, stop it!” she whined.

“Arasso, we’ll choose together okay? Or better yet, we’ll buy both and we could change it from time to time,” Yunho suggested as Ji Eun finally nodded in agreement.

Indeed, she could never stay mad for long. She turned around and Yunho lightly kissed her forehead. “Oppa, we’re in public!” she gasped, pushing him away from her.

Yunho turned around and saw a few salesgirls giggling at them, the store is pretty much deserted. “You feel embarrassed?” he asked, smirking to see people watching them.

“A little,” Ji Eun mumbled under her breath as she stared at her hands on her lap.

He smirked to himself as an idea popped in his head. “Then I guess, you’ll be very embarrassed now,” he said.

Yunho lifted her chin up and gently kissed her lips before pulling away. Ji Eun’s cheeks were already tomato red even though it was only a brief kiss. They could hear sounds of squealing and giggling coming from the group of salesgirls that were watching them.

“Omo, they’re so cute!” one salesgirl commented.

Another one added, “I’m jealous! They both look so good together~”

Yunho smiled at his wife, “I guess we already have a fanclub,” he joked.

“Aish, it’s still so embarrassing…” Ji Eun whispered while pouting.

“Kahja,” He interlaced his fingers with his wife's and pulled her to continue shopping again. This time, he would consider her opinions. 


When the couple got home, they worked together to decorate the house occording to both their tastes. They even rearranged a few furniture and added final touches to the house. They were having so much fun working together and spending time with each other. It’s another moment that’ll strengthen their relationship, even though it might be a simple thing to others.

Ji Eun had finished tidying up the house and decorating it when she found Yunho sleeping on the couch in the living room. She approached him and smiled, her husband looked very tired today. Indeed, he did all the heavy work. She kneeled beside him and stared at his face. He looked so tired, yet still handsome.

Ji Eun almost forgot how good-looking her husband is. She was used to seeing him everyday to even examine his face closely. She brushed the hair off his forehead while gently his hair, thinking how fortunate she was to be married with the man beside her. She stared at him a little while before giving a tender kiss on his forehead.

“Komawo, Yunho oppa,” she whispered to his ear.

She then went into their room and took out a blanket. Ji Eun tucked him with it, being extra careful not to wake him up. It was already time for dinner, so she went to get ready to cook dinner for the night, leaving her husband sleeping there.

 ***

Yunho suddenly woke up from the smell of the deliciously cooked dinner. He realized he fell asleep on the couch with a blanket around him. He took the blanket and wrapped himself around it, going on a quest to find his wife. He of course knew where to find her, his stomach was grumbling and it’s already time for dinner.

He found her, busy cooking up dinner in their new kitchen. Yunho was leisurely leaning against the wall while watching her cook. Ji Eun looked so serious on her cooking, but she did everything like a pro chef. Cutting the vegetables, stirring the stew and tasting them. It’s hard to believe that she’s not even twenty years-old yet. He really enjoyed watching her cook, it’s a whole new different feel this time because they’re in their own kitchen now.

After watching her for a couple of minutes, he decided to announce his existence in the kitchen as he went behind her and leaned his sleepy head on Ji Eun’s left shoulder. The wife was shocked and slightly jumped.

“Oppa~ you startled me!” she whined. “Be careful, the stew is hot!” she reminded while pushing him away from her and the bubbling pot of seafood stew.

“Mianhe, I’m just sleepy…” he yawned, leaning his head back on her shoulder.

Ji Eun pushed him away again and continued focusing on her cooking. Yunho pouted when he realized she was starting the I’m-busy-and-I’m-ignoring-you act. When she was washing her hands, he went behind her and wrapped her in the blanket he was wearing. They were now wrapped together inside the blanket with the husband hugging her.

“Oppa~” Ji Eun grumbled, too busy to deal with his acts.

“I got you! You’ve nowhere to run!” he announced triumphantly in a playful but evil voice “You’re mine now!” he laughed, securing her tighter in his blanket hug.

“You’re gonna go hungry if you don’t let me go oppa,” she lectured him, all the while suppressing the urge to laugh out loud.

It was hard for her to keep a serious face when she turned around to face him. Yunho was pouting when he heard that she won’t feed him. Ji Eun bit her lower lip to stop her from giggling at the sight of her hungry husband seeking for attention.

“B-but baby… I was just playing around…” Yunho sulked, still keeping his wife in the blanket.

Ji Eun sighed as she was beginning to think who was being a baby right then. “Not now oppa, I’m busy,” she reasoned.

She slowly tried to pry off his embrace, “Dinner is almost done. Why don’t you go take a shower first oppa?” she suggested with a smile.

“Do I really have to?” he asked.

Ji Eun nodded frantically, “Yes, you’re sweaty oppa!” she pinched her nose and fanned herself.

“Then, let me stick this smell on you!” he playfully teased, engulfing her tighter in the blanket.

His wife giggled loudly while trying to push him away, “Andwae oppa! Go shower now!” she yelped, pushing him all the way from the kitchen into their bathroom.

She grabbed the blanket away from him and threw a towel at him before closing the door shut. Ji Eun could hear Yunho’s loud laugh as she headed back to the kitchen before she burn anything. 


By the time Yunho finished showering, Ji Eun was already done serving dinner. He took a seat at the very end of the table. “Ok, let’s eat!” he announced, pulling his wife to sit on his lap.

His wife was shocked at the sudden move as she gasped. “Oppa, how am I gonna eat like this?” she asked, trying to stand up.

“No, stay,” he insisted and pulled her back onto his lap. He secured her in place by placing an arm around her waist. “I’ll feed you,”

“B-but…” before Ji Eun could complain any further, he fed her rice and some meat.

Tired from protesting with him any further, Ji Eun obliged with his request as she let him feed her until both of them were full. After they finished, Yunho helped her tidy up and wash the dishes.

They were now laying together on the hammock in the balcony. The balcony was so spacious, Yunho requested that there should be a hammock there. They were just silently gazing up the sky, watching the stars twinkling in the night sky.

“Oppa… komawo,” Ji Eun suddenly mumbled.

Yunho turned his head at his spouse, confused when she said those words. “Thanks for… everything. I never knew that I would be happy like this one day,” she added.

Happy like this? What did she mean by that? Her husband was staring at her, puzzled and shocked at the same time. “What do you mean Ji Eun-ah?” he decided to ask. It looked like the right time for him to dig up something from her about her past.

“I…” Ji Eun was hesitant to talk about her past, but she knew she could trust him now. “I never hoped to be happy like this ever since little. Mom… s-she never treats me n-nicely…” she finally confessed.

“You mean?” he asked when he saw her hesitance. “That’s okay baby, you can tell me anything,” he comforted.

Ji Eun turned around to face him, her face looking gloomy and her eyes were slightly watery. Yunho wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, slowly her hair with one hand to comfort her. “Tell me,” he requested.

“Ever since little, mom told me to do chores. At first I thought she was teaching me, but she started treating me like a maid as I grew older. It’s even worse when dad is not home,” Ji Eun explained slowly, holding back the tears in her eyes.

“She… abused you?” Yunho asked, feeling a slight shock and anger when he heard that.

His wife shook her head. “She only hits me when I do something wrong. Other times, she’ll mostly scold me…”

Her husband kept silent, he didn’t know how to respond to her confession. His guess was right, Lee Yejin has gone too far. She has no right to treat Ji Eun like that even though she’s not her real daughter. Yunho silently gritted his teeth, furious at the thought.

“I… don’t know if she loves me. I never felt that care. Dad loves me, but he’s always away for work. Sometimes, dad’s defenceless against mom,” she added.

Ji Eun couldn’t continue any further as tears poured out from her eyes. She cried not because she was abused by her mother, but for the fact that her mother never showed any love towards her.

“We should report this! She should be jailed!” he yelped, hands grasped into tight fists.

“No! I don’t want her to be jailed,” she shook her head. “Seeing Miyoung-sshi gets jailed already breaks my heart, I don’t want my mother to end the same way,”

Yunho sighed heavily, “But Ji Eun-ah, what she did to you is wrong,” he wiped the tears on her cheeks with his thumb.

“Whatever she did, she’s still my mother oppa,” she reminded and stopped crying.

“But she’s-” Yunho was cut off in mid-air when he realized what he was about to say. But she’s not your real mother, I’m sorry I have to keep this away from you baby…

“But I have to thank her in a way,” she commented. “Mom told me to marry you and it’s the best thing that ever happened in my life,” Ji Eun smiled lightly, gazing into his eyes.

Yunho smiled back, pulling her closer to his chest. “I’m sorry for everything that ever happened to you,” he said.

Ji Eun rested her head on his warm chest, sighing heavily and smiling to herself. “You know I love you right? And I’ll never let anything like that to happen to you again,” Yunho confessed.

Ji Eun just merely nodded as he gave a tender but long kiss on her forehead. He promised to prevent her from getting hurt, but he was afraid that she’ll get hurt with the secret that he’s been keeping away from her. He really hoped that when the time is right, she’ll understand why he did this.

For Ji Eun, having Yunho beside her was good enough. The empty spaces in her heart has been filled little by little by Yunho and his family. She couldn’t ask for nothing more than that. She felt contented with what she has right now.

Ji Eun snuggled closer, burying her face deeper into his chest. Yunho held her securely in his arms, resting his head on hers and rubbing her back to comfort her. After a while, he realized that she fell asleep in his arms when her eyes were closed. He carefully brought her into their bedrrom as he too, fell asleep while embracing her.

sorry for the late update~ i really hope you will enjoy this chapter. i had a few problems and seemed to have lost my muse lately. will try to get back to the pace i've been doing last time.

anways, i hope you will like the Yunho and Ji Eun intimate moments in this chapter^^*~ <3

will try to update as soon as possible^^*~ in the mean time, enjoy my update! <3