Little By Little

Something Called Love...

Jung Yunho was smiling throughout the morning. Each of his staff could see it in his eyes. Indeed, he was in a happy mood that day. The scene at home that morning kept replaying in his mind as he smiled to himself. It would be a usual morning to most newlyweds. But in his case, they were married for more than half a year and he didn’t really expect his wife to act that way.

It’s the morning kiss that his wife gave that morning that made him smile widely. If his face wasn’t that small, he could’ve smiled wider. It’s the usual morning as Ji Eun woke him up and prepared breakfast before he leaves for work. He loved seeing the effort she makes each time she cooks for him and she seemed to enjoy the task too.

“Baby, I’m leaving now!” Yunho announced as he opened the door.

“Oppa, wait!” Ji Eun hollered as she ran up to him. She was still in her apron.

The wife smiled at him as she fixed his necktie one last time and straightened his suit. The husband stared questioningly at his wife but he smiled nevertheless. Ji Eun stood on her tippy toes and lightly kissed his cheek as she smiled. Yunho’s eyes went wide from the gesture.

“Have a nice day at work oppa,” she said shyly.

A faint pink blush was apparent on her cheeks as her husband kept staring at her with his mouth agape. She had always wanted to do that but she never got the chance to do so. Now, she might even make that into a daily habit.

It took Yunho some time to sink in her words and reply, “Ah, d-dae I w-will…” He nodded and smiled back at her before leaving for work.

 **

And that exact scene kept replaying in his mind since he stepped from the door of his house that day. Yunho touched the spot where his wife kissed him and smiled to himself, wider that before. Looks like he’ll anticipate the next morning kiss from her. His train of thoughts were interrupted when he received a call on his cellphone.

“Yunho-sshi, Siwon here,” the person on the other line greeted as soon as he answered.

Yunho was jolted back to reality when he heard that name. He straightened himself on the chair to prepare for the news from his private investigator. “Yes, any more new information?” he asked.

“It’s pretty hard for me to investigate her past. But from what I’ve gathered, Lee Yejin did abuse your wife,”

“I knew it. My wife told me the same thing.”

“I need more information to investigate further, do you have more clues for me sir?”

“I… don’t think so. What about the purpose of my marriage? Have you checked that out?”

“I’m still not sure about that either, but I can assure you that it was not because of a business deal. Both your parents knew each other only when you’re nine years old,”

“Ji Eun would be around three at that time…” he mumbled to himself.

“It’s more like an accidental meeting? The past is hard to dig up, since it happened years ago,”

“Thanks, I’ll try to find that out by myself. Keep me posted,” Yunho hung up the call.


“Ji Eun-ah!! You have to help me!” Jihye came in sreaming as soon as Ji Eun opened the door.

Her sister-in-law called that she wanted to drop by the couple’s new house that afternoon. But Ji Eun didn’t expect her to sound so desperate. The younger girl stared at Jihye from top to toe. She dashed into the kitchen and placed all the grocery bags on the kitchen island.

“Unnie, what’s all this?” Ji Eun asked, checking the bags of food.

“Erm, Ji Eun-ah… can I ask a favour from you?” Jihye asked hesitantly while approaching the younger girl.

Ji Eun tilted her head to the side in confusion. “What is it unnie?”

“Please teach me how to cook delicious food!” she yelped, shaking her by the shoulders. She sounded so desperate for Ji Eun’s help.

“Sure, but why?” she asked.

Jihye just replied with a sheepish smile and scratching her non-itchy head. “Well you see… Changmin loves food and I wanted to impress him with mine.” She reasoned. “I know how much Yunho oppa loves your cooking so I thought I’d learn a thing or two from you,”

“Ah, sure I can teach you. You just have to ask unnie, I’ll help you in any way,” Ji Eun nodded smiling brightly. “So, what do you want to cook?” she asked, taking out all the ingredients from the grocery bags.

“I wanted to try cream pasta. How’s that?” Jihye suggested, grabbing the packet of pasta she mentioned.

Ji Eun went silent for a while, “Well, I’ve only cooked that once long ago. But we’ll try,” she assured.

Then the two girls started cooking, with Ji Eun as the supervisor. Jihye would’ve made a mess or blew the kitchen up if she’s not there. As the food was almost done, Ji Eun glanced at the clock. It’s almost twelve which also means almost time for Yunho’s lunch break. She smiled and went to grab her cellphone and call him.

“Yoboseyo?” the person on the other line picked up after three rings.

“Oppa!” Ji Eun greeted cheerfully.

Yunho’s eyes brightened at the sound of the familiar voice. He smiled widely and stopped what he was doing at that time. “Baby, you called,” he said.

Ji Eun chuckled through the phone, she could imagine the smile on his face right then. “Oppa, have you eaten lunch?” she asked hopefully.

“Nope, not yet,” he replied casually.

“Well, Jihye unnie came over and we cooked lots of food. I was thinking that maybe you could come home for lunch?” Ji Eun proposed.

Yunho glanced at his watch and checked his schedule, he frowned after that. “Ji Eun-ah…” he called out.

“Dae? Can you oppa?” she asked hopefully.

“I… uhm I’m quite busy today. My schedule is full, I don’t think I have time to come home,” he replied sadly, nervous at how his wife will respond with his answer.

Ji Eun’s heart sunk when she heard that reply. “Oh… really? Well… kwenchana, I’ll just eat with unnie,” she mumbled in return.

Yunho could sense the disappointment in her voice, he sighed heavily. He really wanted to come home but, work was in his way. “I’m sorry, I really can’t. Will you be fine though?” he asked in concern.

Ji Eun bit her lip and pouted, she really wanted him to come home since they just moved into their own house, but she knew she shouldn’t make him worry. “Yes, I’ll be fine. Unnie is here. Just make sure you eat lunch okay oppa?” she replied.

“Dae, I will. I promise I’ll be back home earlier for dinner later. Wait for me okay baby?” he suggested, trying to make up for his absence at lunch.

“See you later then.” The wife hung up soon after.

Jihye noticed the disappointment in her face as she sighed. “He couldn’t come home?” she asked, already guessing what happened.

Ji Eun just nodded in return as she continued preparing the table for lunch. “Kwenchana Ji Eun-ah, I’ll bring you somewhere after we eat,” Jihye suggested.

The younger girl lifted her head, curious to hear more about their next destination. “Where to unnie?” she asked.

“Just some shopping,” she replied with a smile. 


The two girls were walking around the shopping mall. Ji Eun just smirked at her sister-in-law, she really liked shopping. As for herself, she just liked window shopping. Ji Eun is the type that would only spend money for something that she needs. As the were walking past another boutique, Ji Eun accidentally bumped to someone. The person’s shopping bags were scattered on the floor from the impact.

“Omo, I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” Ji Eun gasped as she bent down to help pick up the bags.

She handed them back to their owner who happened to be a women in her early fifties. The woman smiled at her as she took the bags from her. “I’m fine, thank you young lady,” she assured.

“I’m sorry again. I wasn’t looking where I was going,” Ji Eun apologized and bowed to the woman.

The woman could sense that Ji Eun was feeling scared and guilty as she held her hand. “I’m fine, no sratches at all. Don’t worry,” she squeezed her hand and gave a reassuring smile.

Ji Eun smiled back in return and nodded. Then the woman noticed something sparkling around her wrist, it looked so familiar. “May I know where did you get this bracelet?” she asked, eyes turning into one that’s full of curiosity.

“E-eh? This?” Ji Eun asked, lifting her hand. “My dad gave it to me.”

“Your father? What is your name?”

“Lee Ji Eun. I mean, Jung Ji Eun.”

The woman glanced at her hands and found the wedding ring around her finger as she smiled. But she couldn’t help to be curious when she heard her name, “Ji Eun?”

Ji Eun nodded in return. “I’m sorry, but we have to leave now. Take care,” she bowed and left with Jihye.

The woman turned around, staring at Ji Eun as she disappeared around the corner. That name sounded so familiar, moreover she was even married. Could the girl be her daughter that she left long ago? Could the girl be Jaejoong’s sister? But she felt a connection when they held hands, it felt just right. Her mother’s instinct could be right.


Yunho had to ring the doorbell as his hands were occupied to open the door by himself. He was hiding something behind him with one hand while the other was holding onto his briefcase. It’s just a little something he prepared to make up for his absence around lunch that afternoon.

He had to wait for about thirty seconds before the door opened up, revealing his wife. She immediately smiled when she saw him standing there and pulled him inside the house. Her husband kept his promise that he’ll come back home early.

“I thought you’re gonna be late,” Ji Eun said as she placed his briefcase on the coffee table.

Yunho just smiled and approached her, still hiding his hand behind his back. “I promised remember?”

“How was your day? Do you want a drink? I’ll make you some,” Ji Eun asked as she walked towards the kitchen.

Yunho blocked her way as he held out the present from behind his back. He gave a beautiful bouquet of flowers to his wife. “For you,”

Ji Eun widened her eyes as she stared at the flowers and her husband back and forth. She didn’t expect that from him as slowly curved into a smiled. Yunho smiled triumphantly to himself, relieved that he was able to console his wife.

“Thank you oppa,” she inhaled the scent from the flowers. “But you didn’t have to,”

“Is it wrong for me to give flowers to my wife?” he raised one eyebrow, bending down to her eye level. “I don’t need a reason to buy you gifts right?” he asked.

Ji Eun nodded in return as she interlaced their hands together. He made up for his absence at lunch. She dragged him to the kitchen and beckoned him to sit down. “I cooked this with Jihye unnie,”

“Oh really? Looks delicious,” Yunho stared at the food in awe. But then he raised his eyebrows. “But what is she doing here? She can’t cook,” he asked.

“Unnie wanted me to teach her how to cook,”

“Jihye would never do something like that without a purpose. Is she trying to impress a guy or something?” Yunho guessed, he knew his sister well after all.

Ji Eun chuckled as she nodded. “Dae, the guy loves to eat,” she added.

“But she made the right choice to learn from you,” Yunho reasoned. “Who’s the guy anyway?” he asked.

Ji Eun bit her lip, telling him the truth may not be the right thing to do. She never imagined how her husband would react when he knows that his sister is going on a date with Changmin. She shrugged her shoulders in reply.


Yunho was in his home office, working on his papers until late at night. It was almost twelve already and his eyes were still glued to the paperworks on his desk. The door suddenly opened, revealing his wife who was pouting at the doorway.

“Baby, why aren’t you sleeping yet?” he asked, staring at the petite figure as she approached him.

Ji Eun was pouting while holding tightly onto a pillow. “When will you be done?” she asked, peeking at the papers on his desk.

Yunho sighed, but there was a smile on his face. “I’ll be done soon. Just go to sleep first,” he replied. “You used to be okay to sleep by yourself. Why now?” he asked.

Ji Eun turned to look at the glass walls, overlooking the city of Seoul. The sky is dark and the moon was out of sight, it looked like it would rain. “Just because. Just hurry up oppa…” she pleaded.

Yunho stood up from his chair and gently pushed his wife out the door. “I have to finish this up by today. Just go to sleep first, I’ll be there soon.” He assured.

“B-but…” Ji Eun tried to protest but Yunho already closed the door shut. He didn’t want any disturbance when he’s working.

**

Yunho put down his pen and rubbed his temples as he checked the clock, it’s almost two in the morning. He heard thunders and saw a flash of lightning as he glanced outside. He was too occupied with work to realize that it was raining heavily. It wasn’t just any rain, there were loud thunders and flashes of lightning here and there.

He was about to continue his work when he remembered something. Rain, thunder, lightning. What do all these things have in common with? It took him sometime to think when he suddenly widened his eyes. His wife, he remembered that she told him that she would have those nightmares again at nights with this kind of weather.

“Ji Eun-ah!” he yelped as he ran towards their room to look for his wife.

He found her curled up on the bed, her body shaking in fear. Ji Eun sounded like she was whimpering as he approached her. Tears were trickling from the corner of her eyes that were closed tightly. She must be having that dream again, she was crying in her sleep. Now wonder she wanted him to go to sleep quickly, she knew that it was going to rain.

Yunho sat by the bed as he patted her cheeks to wake her up. “Ji Eun-ah, wake up!”

Her eyes were still tightly closed. He frantically shook her shoulders to bring her to consciousness. Ji Eun’s eyes shot open as she breathed heavily. She was sobbing hard as tears kept pouring from her eyes. she looked up and saw her husband sitting beside her worriedly.

“Oppa! I’m s-scared…” she yelped as she quickly hugged him.

Yunho could feel her whole body trembled in fear as he embraced her and rubbed her back. “Shh… it’s okay. I’m here now,” he comforted her.

Yunho hugged her tighter, rocking her back and forth to sooth her. Ji Eun kept crying on his chest, too scared to move. They stayed like that for quite a while until she stopped crying and shaking. She was already asleep by then. He laid her gently on the pillow and laid beside her. He couldn’t leave her side after what happened.

“I wish I know what’s wrong with you,” he mumbled to himself as he tucked them both under the covers, guarding her all night long.


hello there~! sorry for not updating for quite a long time. i went to my hometown actually and there's no internet there. i survived a week without it XD been busy too. 

i was only able to update today cuz i'll be going back to my hometown again tomorrow. i'm so sorry, but i hope you will be patient with me. do enjoy my latest update and keep supporting!

<3 ya guys. i will try to get back to you guys as soon as possible. maybe i'll be away for a week or so.