Signs Of Happiness

Something Called Love...

“Yunnie…” Ji Eun mumbled, her face buried in Yunho’s chest.

“Hmm?” the husband simply answered. He had his eyes closed, trying to sleep.

Ji Eun sighed in worry while lifting her head to look at her husband’s face. “Are you sure she’ll be fine alone?” she spoke like a worried mother.

“Baby, we have to slowly teach her so that she’ll get used to it,”

“But she’s still a baby!” Ji Eun whined, tugging onto her husband’s t-shirt.

Yunho sighed heavily as he opened his eyes and gazed at his wife. “Yuri’s two years old. She’s a big little kid right now. She’ll get used to it in time, don’t worry okay?”

Ji Eun pouted, unsatisfied with Yunho’s words of assurance. “B-but…”

“If there’s anything wrong, her door is right in front of ours. Besides, she came crawling into our room by herself last time,” he reasoned, rubbing the side of her arms up and down to calm her.

“A-arasso…” she nodded in defeat, still slightly worried of Yuri.

Yuri’s been living with the couple for a week now as Ji Eun was getting used of the little girl calling her omma. She felt like Yuri was her own daughter at how close they have become. Yunho has been doing a great job too as her substitute appa. Ji Eun felt attached to the little girl, to be honest, she fell in love with her since she saw her innocent angel-like eyes.

 **

Yunho’s sleep was interrupted when he felt his wife tugging onto his shirt and continuosly poking his chest. He opened one eye to observe his surroundings to find it was still dark. He grumbled and went back to sleep. The sound of Ji Eun yelping near his ear made him opened his eyes in shock.

“Oppa! Wake up~” Ji Eun whined, impatiently trying to wake up her sleepy husband.

Yunho checked to clock as he sighed heavily. “Baby, it’s 2 in the morning. What’s wrong?” he mumbled, half asleep.

“Paegopta,” Ji Eun pouted, she was sitting in the bed while rubbing her tummy.

Yunho stared incredulously at his wife. She woke him up in the middle of the night just because she was hungry? He seriously thought something happened to her or Yuri. He was still too sleepy to deal with her antiques as he buried his face back in the pillow.

“Just go and eat something in the kitchen,” he mumbled sleepily.

“But I want ice cream…” the wife specifically stated the type of food she wanted. “Get it for me Yunnie…”

Jung Yunho knew that she really wanted it when he heard his favourite nickname. It was one of Ji Eun’s secret weapon against him. He sighed heavily as he complied to her request. “Fine, which one do you want?”

Ji Eun’s face instantly glowed as she smiled brightly at her husband. “Thanks oppa! Urm… I want cookies and cream!” she replied excitedly.

She giggled to herself as she watched her half-asleep husband moved sluggishly towards the door. A few minutes later, he came back with only a spoon in his hand. Yunho sat on the bed and rested his head on Ji Eun’s lap as his eyes were closed.

“Yunnie… where’s the ice cream?” the wife mumbled questioningly as she ran her fingers through his hair.

“We’re out of ice cream.  You can have it next time, let’s sleep,” he muttered, seriously planning to go back to sleep.

“But I’m still hungry! Go buy them… please Yunnie?” Ji Eun pleaded, using her cute voice. There was no response from Yunho as she frowned. “Fine. Sleep outside for a week!” she announced, crossing her arms before her.

Yunho abruptly woke up in shock when he heard that as he scrambled to get his wallet and car keys. He accidentally tripped on his own foot and fell on the carpeted floor. That made him fully awake as he ran towards the door to get what Ji Eun wants. The wife just smiled triumphantly as she leaned on the bed, waiting for his return.

It took Yunho almost half an hour to find the type of ice cream that she requested. After wandering aimlessly around in his car, he found the said ice cream at a 24-hours convenient store. He barged inside, dashing towards the fridge.

As he was paying for the treat, the cashier chuckled to himself. “Your wife’s craving?” he asked.

Yunho was confused on whether he should nod or not. He hesitantly bobbed his head up and down while scratching the back of his head. “I g-guess…”

“Relax, you’re not the first husband who came barging in this store in the middle of the night in PJs,” the cashier chuckled some more as he remembered the past. “Pregnant wives’ craving can be weird and unexpected right?”

“Huh? P-pregnant?” Yunho widened his eyes at that statement.

“Yeah, your wife? Congratulations by the way. Here’s the balance, thanks for coming!” the cashier bowed and bid him goodbye.

Yunho rushed home so that the ice cream won’t melt so fast. But by the time he opened the door to his room, Ji Eun was fast asleep while hugging tightly onto his pillow.

Yunho slowly approached the sleeping angel as he sighed heavily. He could only smile and shook his head in disbelieve at what she made him do. “All this just for an ice cream… aigoo my cutie wife,” he kissed her cheek.

He wasn’t feeling even the slightest anger at what happened. Instead, it amused him at how much Ji Eun changed for the past couple of weeks. She never had a midnight snack before, but now, she was even asking him to buy them. He didn’t dare to wake her up, afraid that she might request for more.

Ji Eun was craving to be more precise. To top that off, she’s been experiencing occasional nausea and vomiting. That made him think. “Are you…” he tried to guess but he couldn’t find the right words to say.

Yunho didn’t want to summarize his own conclusion and ended up disappointing himself. He just shrugged at the thought as he went back to sleep after keeping the ice cream safely in the fridge in case the wife still wants them.


 

Yunho was dropping Ji Eun off at her mother, Hyesun’s house that morning. She was very excited to introduce little Yuri to her mother. Before she could open the door, Yunho grabbed her wrist. She turned around questioningly, holding Yuri more securely in her arms.

“Wae oppa?” she asked.

Yunho pointed towards his lips. “You haven’t kiss me goodbye,” he requested.

Ji Eun rolled her eyes as she leaned closer to peck him on the lips. Yunho pulled her by the nape of her neck as he kissed her passionately. Ji Eun was immediately drown in the kiss as she slowly responded. As her husband was on her bottom lip, she gasped and pulled away.

“Yunnie oppa!” Ji Eun yelped, smacking his arm.

“Wae?!” Yunho whined, rubbing his sore arm.

“Yuri's here!” Ji Eun pointed towards Yuri in her arms.

The little girl was covering her eyes with both her palms while her ‘parents’ were kissing. Yunho chuckled to himself when the little girl squealed and clapped her hands repeatedly.

“Yay! Appa kiss omma!” she giggled, never seeing such scene before.

“She likes it,” the husband playfully shrugged his shoulders, ruffling the little girl’s hair. He sneakily pecked Ji Eun’s lips as she blushed. “You like it too right baby?” he teased.

Ji Eun just pouted in defeat. She got out as both of them bid him goodbye. “Omma loves appa?” Yuri suddenly asked.

Ji Eun smiled at Yuri as they walked towards the door. “Yes, omma loves appa. How about Yuri?”

“Yuri loves omma and appa vewy much!” she raised her arms in the air, gesturing her words.


 

“Yun, can you help me with something?” Soojin came knocking his office that morning.

Yunho raised a confused eyebrow, ever since he agreed to be friends with her, Soojin has been paying frequent visits to Jung Corp. He was worried, since Jaejoong kept giving him a warning look. Yet, he didn’t even do anything wrong.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Remember how you used to help me rehearse my lines back then? I need you to help me again this time,” she said with a bright smiled, handing the thick script over to him.

Yunho hesitantly took the thick wad of papers and flipped through them quickly. “There’s a lot of them,”

“You just have to read this part for me,” Soojin showed him the page. “Ready?”

“Wait, these words… they’re too harsh. What kind of movie are you filming this time?” he asked worriedly.

The model slash actress was impatiently twirling her recorder in her fingers. “Love Me No More is the tiltle. I’m playing the main lead who is betrayed by her fiancé,” she replied casually.

“It’s a first for you to play a good role. You always play as the antagonist,” Yunho nodded in amusement.

“Aish, just read them please… oh and show more emotions in your words. I’m more motivated to rehearse that way,” she smirked to herself.

“Arasso, but just this once,” Yunho finally agreed as he read through the script.


 

“Ji Eun-ah, is this your daughter? My granddaughter?” Hyesun asked as she picked the little girl up in her arms.

“Anni omma. Yuri is the daughter of Yunho oppa’s cousin,” she replied, brushing Yuri’s hair lovingly.

“But why does she call you omma?” Hyesun wondered, pinching Yuri’s chubby cheeks.

“She got used to that I guess. Umph!” Ji Eun was cut in the middle of her sentence when she felt something up .

Ji Eun quickly ran to the bathroom with Hyesun following worriedly from behind. “Omo, honey, are you okay?” she asked worriedly, rubbing her back.

Ji Eun couldn’t reply as she threw up even more. Her nausea and vomiting were getting worse day by day. She was tired at the discomfort she felt everytime she had to run to the bathroom. Hyesun put Yuri down as she continued massaging her back until she stopped.

The mother was very worried of her only daughter, but her mother’s instinct was suddenly triggered. Ji Eun breathing heavily as she wiped with a towel. Hyesun helped her to the kitchen and told Ji Eun to sit while she prepared something to ease her queasiness. 

“Here, have some ginger tea. It always makes me feel better when I’m nauseous,” she handed the cup.

Ji Eun slowly sipped the hot tea and she felt better after some time. “Thanks omma. I’ve been vomiting a lot lately,” she whined.

“Do you feel tired easily, always sleepy?” Hyesun started her investigation.

“Well, sometimes. I get dizzy easily too,” Ji Eun added in her reply.

“How about sensitive to a certain smell and has strange cravings? I mean like you suddenly want to eat something at anytime of the day?” the mother continued to ask as she picked up Yuri to sit on her lap.

“I g-guess? Some smell makes me nauseous,” she hesitantly replied, aftraid that her mother was suddenly asking all these questions.

Hyesun proceeded to ask the last question she had in mind. “Do you have mood swings? Getting angry or disappointed easily?”

Ji Eun nodded at all the questions asked towards her. “Omma…is there something wrong?”she asked timidly. Hyseun nodded to herself, Ji Eun was showing all the signs.

The mother her daughter’s hair lovingly and kissed her temples. “Nothing’s wrong Ji Eun-ah. They’re just effect from your baby. I’m guessing that you’re pregnant,” she stated her guess.

“Huh? P-pregnant? As in…” Ji Eun touched her flat stomach, staring questioningly at her mother and her tummy back and forth.

“There’s a baby in your tummy sweetie. You and Yunho’s baby,” Hyesun nodded.

Ji Eun stared at her stomach in disbelieve. She wasn’t sure if her mother’s words were true, but she couldn’t deny feeling all those signs that might be showing her pregnancy. She silently smiled to herself while rubbing her tummy, thinking if her mother’s words are true. A sudden indescribable bliss overwhelmed her.

Hyesun saw her hesitance as she held one of Ji Eun’s hands. “Let’s pray for the best. Why don’t you go to the hospital with Yunho for a check-up?” she suggested.

Ji Eun nodded as she hugged her mother tightly in an embrace. She was excited to tell her husband about it. If only nothing is standing in her way…

i added something happy and cute moments in this chapter, hoping to ease the drama a bit. hope it works XP another chapter for this week~! please enjoy~! comments are welcomed^^*

is this chapter a cliffhanger for you guys? LoL hehe....