Lies, Betrayal... And with no Truth

Something Called Love...
Ji Eun was happily chatting with Jihye who came for a visit. She came as soon as her brother told everyone the good news about them having twins. The young couple's phone has been ringing off the hook as people continuously showered them with congratulatory wishes. The pregnant mother on the other hand was feeling very nervous as the days gone by since she still have a few months before her expected delivery.

Their beautiful life was running normal as he couple haven't heard of any news from Soojin. Yunho thought that she might be busy with her schedules. Ji Eun on the other hand was relieved that she left them alone after what happened that day in his office. Her husband was keeping his promise and she was contented to know that.

But Ji Eun never expected she'd be hearing from Soojin so soon. “Yoboseyo, who is this?” Ji Eun answered the phone in a cheerful tone that afternoon.

She heard a loud sigh from the other line. “Park Soojin here. I have something important to discuss with you.” Ji Eun almost dropped the phone from shock.

“I’m sorry, I don’t think there’s anything we should discuss.” The younger girl tried to regain back her senses and replied as politely as she could, not wanting to cause trouble.

But the person at the other end of the line didn’t seem to be giving up, “It’s regarding you and Yunho. There is something you should know.” She pleaded.

“And what makes you think I’m gonna agree?” Ji Eun snapped back, she can be feisty when she wanted to. Jihye who was listening to the conversation placed her mug carefully on the table as she listened intently.

“Apparently, your husband is not really that honest with you.” Soojin simply replied. With that simple sentence, she was able to make Ji Eun think twice.

“What are you trying to say?" Ji Eun asked. Curiousness was apparent in her voice, but she tried to remain calm. Soojin was already smirking at the other line.

“A phone conversation is not suitable. We have to meet.”

***

Ji Eun was starting to get goosebumps the moment she entered the coffee shop. Park Soojin texted her the meeting place and it took a while for the taxi driver to find that place. The place was deserted, as if business had died down. A waiter greeted her with a smile before gesturing her towards one corner of shop.

The waiter gave her the menu, but she was too impatient to have a drink. Handing back the menu, she requested for a tall glass of water. Silence engulfed her within seconds. Ji Eun was not confident to meet with Soojin that day, but what she said on the phone really triggered her.

After their phone conversation the other day, Ji Eun was left with a lot of questions in her mind. She wanted to ask Yunho about it, but she didn't want him to think that she wasnt trusting him. Ji Eun really trusted her husband, she gave him her trust ever since he first confessed to her at her in-laws garden a few months ago. The reason she still came today was to confirm that Soojin was wrong and to politely asked her to leave them alone.

“Oh, you’re early.” Soojin greeted as she took a seat opposite from Ji Eun.

“Soojin-sshi, I don’t have much time. It’s almost dinner time and Yunho oppa’s coming home soon I-” Ji Eun was cut in the middle of her sentence when Soojin pushed a large brown envelope towards her. What’s up with ex-girlfriends and brown envelopes? It was starting to freak her out.

She stared at the paper and sighed. “What do you have now? Honestly, I’m sick and tired of this.” Ji Eun replied in frustration.

“I just found out something shocking.” Soojin took a deep breath before she continued. “I wonder if I should tell you about this. After I'm sure of what I've got, I've decided to reveal it to you."

Reveal what? Ji Eun just kept quite. One of her hands was on her stomach, as if asking for strength from the twins to face whatever she was about to know. "W-what is this?" Ji Eun quivered as Soojin could already sense her fear.

"There are some files in there. Read it." Soojin commanded, almost sounding like a threat.

With trembling hands, the pregnant mother carefully pulled out the contents from the envelope. The first shocking thing she saw was her old school photograph. Clipped together with it, a full detail of her profile. From her date of birth, to her school records. She gasped slightly, it was like reading a biography of herself.

***

“No, I think that picture should go right over there." Yunho shook his head in disagreement as he frantically pointed to the other side of the wall to the workers.

"Yunho-sshi, what shade of green do you prefer?" Another worker walked over to him with a set of colors.

"Green? No, my wife doesn't like green!" Yunho grumbled in return. "Just a light shade of pink and blue will do." He quickly shooed the worker away.

"How long will it take you to finish this?" Yunho walked towards the interior designer who was busy measuring the walls.

At the other side of the city, the soon-to-be father of the twins was getting impatient as he watched designers and workers were busy creating a room for his children. This was his surprise for his wife. It was so sudden of her to take a stroll at this time of the day, and alone too. He offered to accompany her, but she refused, saying that she needs some time alone with herself. He took this chance to load a group of designers into his house for them to work on the twins room.

"It might take a few days sir. We haven't done even half of the work." the anxious father-to-be sighed heavily at her reply.

"Well you have to get this finish as soon as possible. My wife doesn't go out that often. I want this to be a surprise for her." he reminded them.

***

"Is this one of your new schemes? Where did you get these?" Ji Eun asked in horror, slamming the files on the coffee table.

"Where did I get those? Shouldn't you be asking that question to your husband?" she retorted. "I got those files from his office. Apparently Yunho has been hiding something behind your back."

"But I don't get what this means... Why would he have all my personal files?"

"Sorry to break it up to you this way, but your husband has been spying on you. He hired a private investigator for you. I think he started this before you both were married." Soojin finally blurted everything to her.

It took a while for Ji Eun to grasp the situation. Why would Yunho do such a a thing? Maybe he was curious about who he was about to get married to, but the files in front of her showed something else. The details about herself was almost like she's some kind of criminal on target.

"Yunho oppa trusts me! He wouldn't do such a thing!" Ji Eun denied, shaking her head back and forth.

There was no way Yunho could have lied to her. They both trusted each other. If he was really investigating her, there was no way he couldn't recognize her when they first met. Ji Eun bit her lip, suppressing the urge to cry. She would be usually calm in this situation, but blame the pregnancy hormones.

"Oh come on, look back. Has he been suspicious since you got married? If I were him, I'd doubt you too since you were not his choice in the first place. I always knew arranged marriage could never last long. There's bound to be someone who doesn't trust each other." Soojin gave her point of view, feeding the innocent girl with hatred towards her husband.

Ji Eun finally gave up trying to fight her tears. *Don't believe her Ji Eun-ah, it's not true. Yunho oppa trusted you.* she tried to convince herself.

"Even if this was true, Yunho trusts me now. I'm even pregnant and we're building our own family now." she stated confidently.

"Are you sure he wasn't just playing around with you?" Soojin smirked, trying to hide a chuckle. "I think it's time for you to know a little something about his past..."

"A-after what w-we have gone t-through, I'm very sure he was serious about this relationship." Ji Eun quickly replied before her enemy could say anything in return.

"Yunho was the reason our relationship stopped. He was such a... playboy. Even though. I was his girlfriend, but he still go out with other girls. At first I didn't believe what people said, but I saw him with my own eyes. I was tired and decided that my carrier is more important than continuing this relationship with a cheater. So, I left him. But I bet he got furious because I didn't tell him, that's why he hated me." Soojin told her the opposite of what happened.

Ji Eun gasped, hearing such stories about her husband. It's true she never really knew much about Yunho, it was always him who wants to know more about her. But she couldn't just believe anything this witch says, she needed proof.

"I don't believe you, he's not like that. You're the cheater in the relationship." Ji Eun defended.

"Oh really? Then why would he ask me to be with him again? He said he'll divorce you sooner or later. And I have proof." Soojin claimed, placing a voice recorder on the table. "I recorded our conversation."

She pressed a button on the recorder and suddenly, a male voice was heard. That deep husky voice sounded very familiar to Ji Eun's ears, she could easily recognize him as her husband.

***

"Babe, please come back to me,"

"W-what are you talking about Yunho-ah? You've already got a wife!"

"It was an arranged marriage, do you think I'll like it? I don't know where did my parents got her. She's too young, naive and so gullible. But she scores on the looks..."

"If you like her, then why would you want me back? I thought you hated me..."

"Babe, I love you not her. I was just pretending around her so that she won't be whining to my parents about how bad I was treating her."

"But she's pregnant! I couldn't do that to her! I respect her as your wife."

"Do you think I'm serious with that? I was just playing with her. You know I don't like kids."

"But Yunho... Umph!"

***

At that time, Soojin immediately stopped the recording. "I'm sorry, he suddenly kissed me at that time." she looked down in embarrassment.

Ji Eun on the other hand was already sobbing a river of tears. Cheating? Playing with her? All this hurtful words cut her heart like a sword and she couldn't find the right words to say. "I-is that really Yunho oppa?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I couldn't believe it myself when he said that. But I didn't agree to his request. I knew who he really was and I pity you too much to lie to you."

Hiring a private investigator for her, planning to cheat on her with his ex, it was all too much for Ji Eun to take in one day. She wasn't sure of who to believe right now. She trusted Yunho too much to doubt him. But, there seemed to be some truth in what Soojin has been telling her.

*Y-Yunnie... how c-could you... Somebody tell me this isn't true...*

***^^^***^^^***^^^***^^^***

Here is the next update! I'm so sorry for not updating for so long. I'm on my one week vacation actually, and I was planning to update a couple of chapters in this week but suddenly my parents decided to go back to my home town. Sadly, there's no Internet connection here. I'm currently using my iPad, but I'm not used to typing with this. I'm struggling to finish this chapter using this iPad, it's a little hard to type on this.

In another two weeks, I'll be having another exam. Sigh... I was hoping to finish it before my exam but this semester have gone a lot busier that the last. So, I hope you all will be patient as I'll try my best to update this story.

Thanks for supporting me. And thank you to those who read and subscribed to my story. Special thanks to those who take time to comment too! <3 you~