The So-Called Marriage

Something Called Love...

“Ji Eun-ah, are you ready?” Lee Sugeun held his daughter’s hand gently as she looked up at him. Her heart was beating at a thousand times a minute as she nodded weakly in return.

As she was about to sign the marriage certificate, Ji Eun stopped and glanced at everyone around her. Am I doing the right thing?

Seeing her hesitance, Lee Yejin butted in, “Just sign the bloody paper quickly!” she hissed towards Ji Eun.

Ji Eun took a deep breath as she reluctantly sign the paper. Tears were welding up in her eyes as her father exchanged the ring on her finger with a new wedding ring. She tried hard to not let them fall down her cheeks.

-

“Yunho-ah, are you ready?” Jung Hyundong asked his only son who was clad in his best suit for the day.

Yunho stared at the marriage certificate in front of him as he slowly took the pen held out to him. He signed the paper professionally like how he usually did to many of the files in his office. Except that this one certain certificate would change his life forever.

Is this even right? Yunho wondered as he slipped the new ring on his finger all by himself. His family was smiling at him as Hyundong squeezed Yunho’s shoulders gently.

-

Vows were said, now to complete everything are the two most dangerous words anyone could ever say.

“I do.”

“Now I pronounce you, husband and wife.” 


[Ji Eun’s POV]

Here’s the deal, both parents wanted us to get married quickly, but since I still have school, my dad requested that I finish my studies first. So, we have to wait until I finish school to be able to meet each other. That’s about six months.

What about my marriage you ask me? Well… let’s just say I’m officially Mrs. Jung Yunho now. It’s been six months since my last encounter with the Jungs and the day I got married was still a blur to my memory. You might be thinking of wedding bells and a beautiful white dress was part of the memory, but it’s not. Truth was, I’ve never even met Jung Yunho, the man they call my husband.

It might be impossible to you, but our parents made it work. I didn’t know how they did it, but it really worked and I’m legally Jung Yunho’s wife now. All I remember from my marriage was signing a few papers and slipping on a new wedding ring. Call me crazy but that’s the truth.

They desperately want us to get married quickly. I wonder why? I mean, it’s not like I’m going to be running away with another lover. I’ve never fall in love or have any lover to begin with. I guess they just want us to be official.

We didn’t have any celebrations and I didn’t even know what my husband looks like. My spouse also didn’t know how I look like. My in-laws told me that they wanted it to be a surprise. It was nerve-wrecking for me rather than an awaited surprise. I mean, I know I’m married, yet I don’t even know what my husband looks like. All I knew was, his name is Jung Yunho and he’s 24 years old now. That’s quite an age difference for me, but my parents told me otherwise.

Why is my marriage have to many secrets?

I was spacing out, thinking of my future. Imagine with just a simple action, all the things that I’ve been dreaming off were shattered into pieces. This marriage… I don’t know how it will end up. People marry each other out of love. But for me, it’s simply to fulfill a promise made years ago. The craziest thing about this promise was that, I wasn’t even born yet at the time the promise occurred.

I was jolted back to reality when someone grabbed my hand. “Eh? This looks different than last time? It’s shinier…” Ayumi examined it.

I just glanced at her and then at the ring, not uttering a single word. She’ll understand it herself. “Omo! Is this what I think it is?! Ji Eun-ah… y-you’re…” Ayumi looked at me, puzzled.

I just nodded as a response, confirming her guess. “Omo, Ji Eun-ah! How am I supposed to react to this?!… uhm… well…”

I chuckled slightly, seeing the confused and dumfounded look on her face. For a moment there, it seemed like she was in my position. “Yah, you’re overreacting. Who is really the one who got married here?”

“Yah I would cry for you, but anyways… congratulations!” Ayumi exclaimed, squeezing me in her tight hug. “But you’re so mean! Why didn’t you invite me!” she pouted. “I want to try and catch the bride’s bouquet of flower too!”

“And I thought you’re supposed to be sad for me…” I mumbled, seeing how excited she was about my wedding.

“Ji Eun-ah, as a friend, I don’t want to make you feel sadder than you already did. It’ll make the situation worse.” She squeezed my shoulders gently and smiled.

“Thanks Ayumi-ah.”

“Back to the topic. So… is he cute?” Ayumi grinned widely, already sinking herself into her own dreamland.

I chuckled sarcastically to myself and shook my head, “I don’t know…”

“What? How can you not know? Or maybe… he’s so good-looking that it can’t be expressed into words?” Ayumi squealed in her own dreamland as I stared weirdly at her.

“I really don’t know. I’ve never met him.”

“Eh? Then how did you get married? Your wedding dress? First kiss?” she listed them one by one. Now she really did exaggerate.

I explained to her how did it went as her eyes grew wider. “I had none of those and definitely not the kiss.” I assured her.

“That’s just crazy! They are forcing you to marry a stranger and didn’t even do a proper wedding for you?!” Ayumi yelped and slapped her hands on the table. “They could’ve at least let you experience how it feels like to get married! Now I’m getting suspicious why you’re married to him…” she raised her eyebrows at me.

“Well, I don’t know. They said that I’ve been engaged since I was a baby. The promise was made even before I was born.” I stated, shrugging my shoulders.

“Well , you should’ve at least meet him or something. It’s unfair for you to be treated this way!”

“I didn’t exactly know nothing. His name is Jung Yunho and he’s 24 years old.” I stated, trying to prove that I finally knew something about my spouse.

“But that’s still- Aish, I hate that Yunho guy for treating you like this.” Ayumi clenched her fist tightly and gritted her teeth. “Remind me to beat him up good if I ever meet him.”

“I don’t blame him though. He’s probably facing the same thing. Our parents arranged everything and we have no control over it.” I defended him. I probably have never met him before, but I knew he’s not to be blamed in this matter.


“Hyung I can’t believe you’re married!” Junsu exclaimed for the hundredth time that morning when he noticed the wedding ring on Yunho’s finger. “But still, why didn’t you invite me though?”

Yunho rolled his eyes. He was glad that only Junsu noticed the ring. His marriage was supposed to be a secret until further notice. Again, it was the parents’ request.

“Quiet down Junsu-ah, people will hear you. It’s supposed to be a secret.” Yunho whispered, checking if anyone was eavesdropping on their conversation.

“Arasso. But can I see her hyung? My sister-in-law?” Junsu nodded like a child and gave his long time best friend his trademark puppy eyes that no one could resist.

Yunho shifted his gaze to his paperwork, trying to avoid the puppy eyes. “Even I’ve never met her before, how am I supposed to introduce you to her?”

“What? Really? So you don’t know how she looks like? I was just going to ask you how pretty she is.” Junsu pouted, disappointed.

“Our parents decisions. I’ve no say in this.”

“I seriously thought that you’re going to have the wedding of the year or something.” Junsu rubbed his chin while smirking. “I already imagined myself as your best man.”

Yunho smirked and nodded, “Eventhough I don’t really agree to this marriage, I was hoping you could be my best man too.”

“So, when will you meet her?”

Yunho stopped what he was doing and sighed heavily. This is something that he was disappointed in the most. “This is a little unfair. I mean, every man wants to see their bride even in the most unacceptable marriage, right?”

“How long do you have to wait?”

“I don’t know… in six months I guess. I’m not even sure if I’m ready to meet her.”


 

chapter update for the day! thank you for the ones who are supporting & welcome to the ones who just started to read my story!

any feedbacks or comments are welcome! <3 you can also ask me if you have any questions.

this chapter is a little shocking right? XD tell me what you think!

btw i'm just trying on poster making for this fic. many more will come soon hopefully. i'd be glad if u tell me which one you like best^^*