Falling For You?

Something Called Love...

“Ji Eun-ah, try this one,” Misun handed her a long-sleeved wedding dress as she took it, confused with what she was supposed to do.

“Hurry up! We haven’t got all day,” Yejin pushed her inside the changing room.

Ji Eun was now with her mothers at a boutique, trying out wedding dresses. She was reluctant at first, seeing the designer labeled dresses. All her life, she never wears expensive clothes, it was all chosen by Yejin. Her clothes were neither out of style nor too stylish, they were just simple and comfortable.

Ji Eun came out a few minutes later, wearing the said dress. She had to lift the long dragging dress as it swept the floor to prevent her from stumbling.

“Uhm, omma… I don’t think this dress it right,” she said.

“Agree, it makes you look fat, like a hippo,” Yejin nodded, making a remark.

Yejin grabbed a dress that was hanging at the 70% discount section and threw it to Ji Eun. She pushed her in to change again as Misun just stared.

“Now, that’s perfect. We’ll just take this one,” Yejin grinned widely as soon as Ji Eun stepped out from the changing room.

Ji Eun was wearing a short-sleeved dress. It looked simple with a plain white colour and a white ribbon tied into a bow at the waist. She wasn’t the stylish type, but she knew the dress wasn’t for her.

“That’s too plain. Ji Eun looks like a nurse rather than a bride,” Jihye who just arrived commented as she shook her head in disapproval.

“This is once in a lifetime. Ji Eun needs the best dress we could find here,” she added, heading towards the new arrival section of the shop.

Jihye chosed a few dresses from there, “Change to this,” she handed the dress to Ji Eun.

Yejin was left speechless as she couldn’t do anything. She glared at Jihye for ruining her plan. She didn’t want Ji Eun to look her best as she thought that was a waste of money. There’s better things Yejin could be doing with it.

Ji Eun stepped inside again, trying out the drsses one by one. Each time she came out, there would just be different comments coming from the three females.

“That makes your head look way too big,” Yejin commented on a dress.

“Err, maybe we should try the other one,” Jihye suggested on another.

Misun shook her head in response, “That looks extra large on you sweety,”

“Definitely not this one, you look short and skinny in it,” Yejin remarked.

So far, Ji Eun had changed to almost seven different dresses already and she was getting tired from going back and forth to the changing room. She tried on one last dress before vowing to get some rest, bridal fitting sure was tiring.

Ji Eun peeked outside before stepping out in a spagetti strap dress with intricate details on the waist. She walked to the three females, looking down at her feet in embarrassment. She earned a ‘wah’ from both Jihye and her mother-in-law while Yejin stared at her in disbelieve.

“It looks perfect on you,” Jihye complimented as Ji Eun blushed.

“You look so pretty Ji Eun-ah and you’re not even wearing any make-up,” Misun complimented her daughter-in-law, surprised to see her natural beauty.

“Yunho oppa is late. He’s missing the best part,” Jihye joked, looking around for any signs of her brother. He promised he’ll arrive before lunch, but he was late.

“Sorry ladies, I’m late. There was just-” As if on cue, Yunho came dashing into the boutique when his words were stopped in mid-air at the sight before him.

There was his wife, clad in a beautiful wedding dress which fit her flawlessly. It hugged her body perfectly, showing her beautiful curves and small waist. Ji Eun placed her hair to the right side of her shoulder, making her look elegant. Yunho stood frozen there, not even blinking his eyes as Ji Eun blushed at his stares.

Yejin saw the scene and rolled her eyes, though she was shocked herself. She never knew Ji Eun would even look pretty. “Ehem, you’re late Yunho,” she coughed loudly, waking her son-in-law from his trance.

“Oh, y-yeah… I just had lunch with an important client just now,” he replied as he stuttered a bit.

“Oh… you already had lunch oppa?” Ji Eun asked, feeling a little bummed.

Ji Eun skipped lunch at home, thinking that she might be able to eat outside alone with Yunho. She knew he was always busy to even have a sip of coffee, so she decided to have lunch together with him. But she was left downcast after hearing that he already eaten.

Yunho smiled, walking over to his wife, “Dae, just the usual business type of lunch,”

“So, oppa? What do you think of the dress?” Jihye asked, wanting to hear an opinion.

“She’s… very pretty…” Yunho mumbled dreamily while slowly caressing Ji Eun’s cheeks.

Misun chuckled and shook her head at her son, “Yunho-ah, we know that. It’s the dress we’re talking about right now,” she corrected.

“E-eh? W-what? The dress… looks good on her,” Yunho stuttered as he tried his best to answer his mother.

“Never ask a dumbstruck lovesick guy opinions about dresses,” Jihye sighed as she shook her head.

“Hmm… but I still think there’s something lacking,” Yejin rubbed her chin as of thinking hard when she was actually talking about Ji Eun.

“You’re right, we can find a better dress than that,” Misun stood up and scanned for more dresses.

Jihye stood up and dragged Yunho away from Ji Eun towards the tuxedos section, “You’re coming with me,”


“Ji Eun looks very pretty right oppa?” Jihye asked as she was flipping through a wedding magazine.

“Huh? Uh… yeah,” Yunho nodded in reply while fixing the blazer of the tuxedo with the help of the stylist there.

“You know, that’s the first time you’re not pretending,” she smirked, still casually  looking through the magazine.

Yunho widened his eyes as he stared curiously at his sister, “What are you talking about?”

“Oh come on, admit it already.”

“What is there to admit?”

“That your pretending to like Ji Eun in front of all of us,”

Yunho raised an eyebrow before sighing heavily, “Since when did you notice?”

He wasn’t surprised that Jihye would figure that out by herself. His sister is quick-witted and observant. She would easily notice things that other people wouldn’t, even small details.

“Since dinner, on the first day you met Ji Eun,” Jihye replied casually, making Yunho widened his eyes at that statement.

“If you like her, then why don’t you just admit it? No need to pretend,” Jihye mentioned standing up from her seat.

“Who says I like her?”

“So you hate her? Duh, it’s obvious. You can’t take your eyes off her just now,” Jihye stated the obvious.

“I… don’t hate her either. I just… don’t know what to feel about her,” Yunho admitted.

“You’re indecisive. Hmm… let’s just say you’re falling for Ji Eun oppa,” Jihye concluded after some thought.

Is it true? Am I actually… falling for Ji Eun?

“Just stop pretending okay. You’re gonna hurt someone’s feelings if you keep that up,” she advised.

“That looks nice.” Jihye already made up her mind before dragging Yunho to the other side, fully dressed.


“Omo, Ji Eun-ah! You look so beautiful!” Jihye gasped as soon as she saw her sister-in-law in another dress.

Yejin just sat on a couch nearby, sighing in defeat. She gave up her attempt of preventing them to spend money for Ji Eun. Misun wouldn’t agree to the dresses she chosed and picked out one of the most beautiful and expensive dresses there.

Ji Eun nodded while blushing before asking, “Thanks unnie, where’s Yunho oppa?”

“Oppa… wait!” Jihye suddenly pushed Yunho back to where he came from, preventing him from seeing his wife.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” he yelped, trying to push his way through.

“Andwae! You can’t see her yet until the wedding party,” she said, trying hard to block Yunho’s view of Ji Eun.

“Why not? She’s my wife already!” Yunho battled against Jihye who tackled him to the ground to prevent him from going there.

Knowing that she couldn’t hold Yunho any longer Jihye yelled to Ji Eun, “Ji Eun-ah, change back! We’re taking that dress!”

Misun chuckled at the scene between the siblings and approached her daughter-in-law, “Ji Eun-ah, go now. Yunho can’t see you in that dress before the party,”

“Dae omma.” Ji Eun nodded, giggling at the funny battle scene between her husband and Jihye before heading back inside the changing room.

Seeing Ji Eun gone, Jihye let go of her grip from Yunho as he stood up and fixed his tux. “Aish, she’s gone already,” he sighed, glaring at his sister who just grinned in return.

“Don’t worry sweety, you’ll be surprised at the party for sure,” Misun stated, adding more to Yunho’s curiosity.


The family were now walking in the mall after they finished the bridal fitting. Yunho and Ji Eun walked behind everyone else, looking everywhere but to each other. Ji Eun had to bit her lip hard everytime he stomach growled. It’s been six hours since the last time she had food. She began to regret her plans to eat lunch with her spouse.

Yunho on the other hand, glanced at Ji Eun every now and then. He slowly took out his left hand from his pants pocket and gently held his wife’s hands in his. He smirked to himself in victory.

Ji Eun noticed that and stared at her hands as Yunho laced his fingers with hers. She lifted her head to look at him in curiosity. Yunho pretended that he didn’t know what was going on as he tugged his wife closer to him. She began to wonder what was going on with Yunho’s sudden attitude.

“Yunho-ah, your mom and I wants to go shopping for a while. Don’t wait for us okay?” Misun stated as they both bid goodbye to the couple.

Jihye who was busy on the phone just now hung up and faced the couple, “Hey guys, I gotta go. My friend’s waiting for me. see you at home!” she announced as she too left the couple alone.

Now what? Yunho thought.

He turned to his wife, who was rubbing her stomach, “Are you okay Ji Eun-ah?” he asked.

Ji Eun wanted to deny, but she couldn’t hold in the hunger any longer. If she did, she’ll have a gastric attack soon.

She shook her head while mumbling, “Paegopta.(I’m hungry)”

“Didn’t you have lunch two hours ago?” he asked as she shook her head in response.

“Arasso, kahja (let’s go).”

 ***

“Ice cream?” Ji Eun asked, staring at the bowl of desert in front of her.

“Since you can’t decide what to eat, just have ice cream. It’s better than nothing,” Yunho replied, burying himself in a copy of a business magazine.

Ji Eun just shrugged her shoulders, agreeing with her husband. She then indulged herself in the delicious treat. Well, anything’s delicious when you’re hungry.

“Why didn’t you eat lunch?” Yunho asked, starting a conversation.

“I was… thinking of eating with you,” she replied innocently.

Yunho stopped what he was doing as he asked, “Really?”

“Dae… but since you already did, it’s okay.” She smiled, though feeling quite sad.

“Are you sure? You should’ve called me,”

“Kwenchana. Maybe some other time,”

“Does your naïve and innocence made you became so forgiving?” Yunho chuckled at his question, yet he was amazed at how forgiving she could be.

Ji Eun stopped eating as she faced him, “Anniyo, it’s really no big deal. Besides, being mad is not healthy,”

Yunho chuckled louder at her reply, “There’s ice cream on your face.”

“Huh? Where?” Ji Eun frantically wiped her face with a tissue, embarrassed at her clumsiness.

“It’s here.” Yunho replied, wiping the ice cream off gently from the corner of her lips with his thumb.

Ji Eun’s heart skipped a beat as she stared at him. She wasn’t expecting him to do that, instead she thought he would make fun of her. it was rare to see a kind act coming from Yunho, he really acted different that day. Yunho stared into her eyes and smiled sweetly.

“Aww, what a lovely couple,” an old woman who happened to watch them commented, making them both blush.

Yunho shifted his attention back to the magazine while Ji Eun continued finishing the ice cream. Both didn’t know that each other’s hearts were beating rapidly at the moment.


 

done! another chapter! 

am i going too fast? or is it too slow & dragging? love to hear responses!

thanx for those who read, subscribed and commented~! <3 ya!