Chapter 80

Something Called Love...

A few days felt like a few years for him, everything that he does, wherever he goes, Jung Yunho has been constantly thinking about his wife. It had been a week since she left, and he was still trying to understand what really happened. The days without her was spent on remiscing the past. He was thinking hard what he did wrong in the past.  

Maybe he should’ve told her the truth about the investigator. Maybe he should’ve trusted her more. Yunho knew how much Ji Eun trusted him, it’s hard for someone like her to trust people easily after what her stepmother did to her.

 

He was now sitting alone in the living room. Everything around him reminds him of her as he stood up and walked towards a room. The room was bright and warm with a shade of pink and blue. Two baby beds stood in the middle of the room, a cupboard on one side and a table on the other side. The room was built especially for his unborn twins. He thought of everything for the room, not forgetting to add his wife’s favourite styles and designs.

 

He smiled sadly to himself, running his hands on the wood of the bed. Would he have a chance to see his children using the room? It has always been his dream, getting married to the love of his life and having children with her. He wanted a big happy family.

 

"Appa is missing you guys so much. Your Omma too..." he mumbled to himself as he sighed heavily.

 

Yunho was clutching to his phone tightly. Lately, the phone has been his only companion. He patiently waited for any calls from Ji Eun, not forgetting to call her a few times too. But as always, she would never answer any of his calls. In the end, he would send text messages to her at any time possible. Asking her how she was doing, where she was and reminding her a few times that he loves her and missed her so much. It was the least that he could do.

 

He didn't have the guts to tell anyone else of what happened. It would just freak everyone out. He could already imagine his mother crying hysterically over Ji Eun's missing. Jaejoong would be planning his death and he would lost the trust given by Ji Eun's parents.

Staring at the room once again, he nodded confidently to himself. He was not going to stay and wait. As a responsible father and husband, he have to do something to save his family. Closing the door carefully, he grabbed his carkeys and headed to find his wife.

----------@@@@@---------@@@@@---------@@@@@----------

"Ji Eun-ah it's been a while, what are you going to do now?" Yejin asked her stepdaughter one day. Up to date, Ji Eun has been staying at her house for almost a week now.

 

"What should I do Omma?" Ji Eun asked, rubbing her tummy softly as she sighed heavily. "He's probably happy now that I'm gone..."

 

"Would you believe if I tell you that he's probably suffering now that you're gone?" Yejin tried to convince her, not wanting the beautiful love between them be ruined.

 

"Is he?" Ji Eun chuckled darkly. "To... To be honest, I really missed him." she finally confessed.

 

"Then, go to back to him and tell him that you love him." Yejin held her hands with pleading eyes. "I don't regret marrying you off to him. Yes, initially my intention was wrong. But as time goes by, I see that you both were meant for each other."

 

"But Omma..."

 

"He called you countless of times, sent you text messages asking about you, worried about you. And if I'm not mistaken, he never forgets to tell you that he loves you, misses you. Is that not enough to prove that he really loves you?" Yejin tried to reason with her.

 

Ji Eun stared at her stepmother in sadness. She didn't know what is the right thing to do right then. She wanted so much to get back to her husband, but the thought of him having a happy life without her made her stop. Part of her wanted him to come personally and ask for forgiveness, confessing how much he loves her and swepting her back to her feet.

 

She felt a few soft kicks from her twins as she smiled sadly. They were affecting her emotions too. It seemed that the babies missed their father more than her. She would still remember that Yunho would spend a few minutes before they sleep to talk to their babies. He would softly caress her tummy and kiss it lovingly, pretending to have a conversation with the twins.

 

"You missed appa too my babies?" she spoke to her unborn twins, the expected kicks were felt as a reply to her question.

 

"Omma misses him too..." Ji Eun mumbled sadly, hands immediately clutching onto the necklace Yunho gave to her on the day of their marriage.

----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------

“What? Are you serious Yunho?” Kim Hyesun gasped once she heard the news from his son-in-law.

 

“I’m so sorry ommonim, it’s all my fault.” Yunho was kneeling in front of his mother-in-law with his head hung low, feeling very sorry for himself after he confessed what happened.

 

“H-How did this happen?” Hyesun had he hands on her chest, trying to calm herself down.

 

“S-she found out a secret that I’ve kept from her. Then all of a sudden, she didn’t even pick up my calls anymore.” He clenched his fists as he tried to prevent himself from crying. He had been bottling all of his emotions up till now, it was just gonna blew up any moment.

 

“That’s not important now, we need to find where’s my daughter!” she screeched, fumbling with her phone to call her daughter.

----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------

Park Yoochun was standing in front of Lee Yejin’s door with a bright smile on his face. His hands were filled with paper bags, things he bought for Ji Eun. He greeted the pregnant mother with a smile when she opened the door for him. “Yoochun-sshi, you’re here.” Ji Eun replied his smile as she let him in.

 

“I thought I’d just drop by after work. How have you been?” he asked, setting the paper bags on the coffee table.

 

He helped Ji Eun to sit on the couch as he sat beside her. “I’m doing fine. You shouldn’t have done this, I feel bad for burdening you Yoochun-sshi.” She replied, staring at the things he bought for her.

"This is nothing. You're pregnant, you need all of this. Are you still craving though?" he asked, taking out the food he bought for her.

Ji Eun peeked at all the food placed in front of her, her stomach was grumbling and she suddenly craved for something. "Uhm... Is it normal if I'm still craving at this month of pregnancy?" she sheepishly asked.

Yoochun chuckled as a reply as he nodded softly. "Even people who are not pregnant craved for something once in a while. So, what would you like?" he took out a pen and paper.

Ji Eun chuckled at his silliness. She suddenly felt like Yoochun was her husband with all the attention he was giving her. He acted very comfortable around her and she really felt at ease with his warm presence. "You're acting like my husband." she suddenly mumbled.

He replied with a small smile. *I wish I am that lucky.* he thought to himself.

Suddenly,Ji Eun’s phone rang on the coffee table in front of her while she was busy in a conversation with Yoochun. She froze when her phone vibrated as she glanced at Yoochun worriedly. It was as if she was telling him that she didn't want to pick up the phone if it was Yunho.

 

Yoochun sighed as he took the phone and checked the caller ID. “It’s your mother.” he replied.

 

Ji Eun hastily grabbed her phone to answer the call, she was very glad that it was her mother. “Yoboseyo? Mummy…”

 

“Ji Eun-ah, sweetie it’s that really you?” Hyesun replied, relieved to hear her voice.

 

“Ne, mummy. It’s really me Ji Eun.”

“Where are you sweetie? Are you and the babies alright?”

"Me and the twins are doing fine. I'm... I'm somewhere safe." she was contemplating whether she should disclose her location to Hyesun.

"Sweetie, I'm worried sick! Yunho told me that you left the house for a week now. Why did you run away Ji Eun-ah?" Hyesun pleaded for an answer.

"Y-Yunho oppa already has someone else...." Ji Eun mumbled, her voice was cracking as she prevented herself from crying. "His ex told me that they are back together again and he wants to leave me..."

"Who do you trust sweetie? A selfish girl who you just met, or your loving husband who you fell in love with?" her mother used wise words to make Ji Eun changed her mind.

The phone was set on speaker mode as Yunho was listening to the conversation intently. He had to prevent himself from yelling at the phone, pleading for his wife to come back to him and telling her how much he loves her. His heart was crushed into small pieces when he heard her melancholic voice at how hurt she was for something he didn't do.

"I trusted Yunho oppa, but... He betrayed me. He hired a private investigator to investigate on me like I'm some kind of criminal. He didn't trust me mum..." Ji Eun finally broke down into tears as she told the story once again. Yoochun scooted closer to her as he smoothed her back to calm her down.

The statement made Hyesun glare at Yunho sharply. Yunho widened his eyes as he mouthed something like 'it's not like what she thinks'. The mother sighed heavily as she spoke back to the phone. "Just tell me where are you now, we'll talk about this later."

"I'm staying at Yejin omma's house." Ji Eun simply replied before Hyesun hung up the call. She grabbed her purse and ordered Yunho to head towards Yejin's house. As they were about to head towards the door, Jaejoong and Junsu appeared from the door looking puzzled.

"Mum, Yunho-ah, where are you going? Where's Ji Eun?" he asked after realizing that his sister was nowhere in sight.

"We're looking for your sister." Hyesun simply replied as Yunho was tongue tied.

Junsu squeaked and gasped at the same time upon hearing that. "Baby Ji Eun's missing?!"

----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------@@@@@-----------

"If anything happens to my sister, I'll kill you and that bastard ex of yours!" Jaejoong cursed as Yunho was driving the four of them towards Yejin's house.

"Kim Jaejoong, watch your words! Yunho is driving! You don't want us to get in an accident don't you!" Hyesun scolded her son as she was feeling very anxious herself.

"Don't worry hyung, we'll find Ji Eun." Junsu patted Yunho's shoulder from the back seat.

Jaejoong glared at him. "Whose side are you on?"

"Baby Ji Eun's..." he mumbled silently to himself.

----------@@@@@-----------@@@@@----------@@@@@-----------

The doorbell of Yejin's house was ringing nonstop as Ji Eun already knew that it might be her mother. She hurriedly went to open the door, she needed her mother's hug more than anything now. Much to her surprise, standing at the doorway in front of her was the face that she didnt want to see, but she missed the most.

"Ji Eun-ah..." Yunho mumbled in relieved. His face was glad that he finally met her after missing her for almost a week now.

The wife stood frozen at the door, not believing what she was seeing. Her foot was stuck to the ground, eyes staring deep into her husband's brown orbs. She wanted so much to slam the door shut, but she didn't have any will power to do so. It was like his presence had weaken her.

"Baby, I missed you so much..." Yunho took steps closer towards her, ready to engulf his wife in his loving embrace. But he stopped when he saw who just appeared from behind her.

"Ji Eun-ah, who is it?" Yoochun came to check on her after taking so long to open the door. He too, froze after seeing his business partner standing in the doorway.

Yunho felt like his world has stopped right then. What actually was happening right now? Why was his wife in the same house as his business partner and friend? He thought everything would be settled once he met Ji Eun again, but with the presence of Yoochun, the story has just got more complicated.

----------@@@@@-----------@@@@@-----------@@@@@-----------

Sorry for the late update. I really don't have much time to write. Hope you guys will understand because I have another exam next week, I might be putting this story in hiatus mode for two weeks or so.

In the mean time, please enjoy this latest update. Will try to update again soon if I have time and idea.