Missing You (Part 2)

Something Called Love...

“Yunho oppa, please pick up,” Ji Eun mumbled in worry while trying several times to call her husband.

“Is something wrong miss? I mean, Mrs. Jung?” her driver, Hodong corrected himself.

Ji Eun just replied with a small smile. “Anniyo, it’s nothing,” she shook her head and tried to call Yunho once again.

Ji Eun checked the time again, wondering if her husband was still sleeping. Her call went to the voicemail once again and made her sigh in defeat. She decided to leave another message, this could be her third one for him.

“Oppa… Ji Eun here. I can’t reach to you… call me as soon as you get this okay? Just want to tell you that I’m leaving for my parents house. Please call me back,” she mumbled the last sentence with a sigh of defeat.

“Are you ready Mrs. Jung? We can leave now,” Hodong informed her with a smile.

Ji Eun nodded and replied with a smile as she stepped inside the car. It’s been almost three months since the last time she met with her loyal driver and he still had that warm smile on his face.

“Thank you for picking me up ajusshi,” Ji Eun slightly bowed at him as they made their way back to her parents house.

“That’s ok Mrs. Jung, I still regard myself as your driver. You can call me anytime you want,” the man replied with his eyes still on the road.

“How’s dad?” she asked, smiling at how much she missed him. “And you don’t have to be so formal ajusshi, just call me Ji Eun like how you used to,”

The last time she talked with her father was a day before her honeymoon. She wanted to call him once in a while, but since she had become the wife for the busy Jung Yunho, Ji Eun sometimes forgot to do so.


“We don’t need an extra tower on that building, it’s strong enough even without the tower,” Yoochun explained his report to the people currently working on a project.

“I agree… why didn’t I see this before? There, we found our solution,” Yunho nodded in agreement as he scanned the plan for Jung Corps new building in Japan.

“We can also cut some budget from that,” Yoochun added which earned lots of nods and agreement from the rest of the people at the table.

Yunho finally caught a glimpse of the wall clock after being glued to the papers and files all morning. He signaled everyone for a lunch break as he sighed and closed the file. He leaned back on his chair, closing his eyes to get some rest.

“Tired?” a voice woke him up, holding a cup of warm coffee in front of his face.

Yunho stood up straight, smiling as he took the coffee from his business partner. “Thanks. A little tired, but I’m fine,” he replied, sipping the drink.

“How’s Ji Eun-shhi? Is she okay with you leaving?” Yoochun asked, a hint of worry could be heard in his voice.

Yunho stopped drinking and looked up at Yoochun, slightly curious when he brought out the topic about his wife. To be honest, he didn’t even know if it was okay for him to leave her just like that. He knew that Ji Eun is an understanding wife, but he left her so suddenly last time and even broke his promise.

“Ji Eun is understanding, she’ll be fine. Besides, I already told her that I’l be leaving for about a week,” Yunho explained.

Yoochun smirked and nodded, understanding what he meant. But he was still curious about her since Yunho left to Japan, exactly on her birthday. He knew of course, because he has been sending Ji Eun flowers everyday for almost a week now.

“Your phone is vibrating nonstop since this morning. Why don’t you check it out? Maybe she called?” Yoochun mentioned, pointing at the device on the long table in front of them.

Yunho took the phone and placed it back into his blazer pocket, staring weirdly at the man in front of him. Why was he suddenly curious about his wife? He even noticed his phone vibrating and told him to check on his wife.

“Why are you suddenly interested?”

“Nothing… just curious to know how’s life for a married and busy man,”

“She won’t call me because I promised last night that I’ll call her,” Yunho reasoned. “Are you getting married soon or what?” he asked.

Yoochun just replied with a smirk. He stared at his finger, where his engagement ring was supposed to be. “I used to. Not anymore… she broke up with me a few months ago,” he chuckled, Yunho could sense that he was hurt.

“May I ask why?”

“Her reason was that she wanted to focus on her carrier. It’s always like that,” he replied half-heartedly.

“Oh, wow… I that’s the same reason why my girlfriend broke up with me two years ago. The difference is, she just left me without saying goodbye,” Yunho too nodded in agreement as he reminiscence his past relationship.

“But you’re married now, there’s nothing to worry about. You just have to take good care of Ji Eun-sshi,” Yoochun advised and patted Yunho’s shoulder.

Does he even know that it was her birthday? Looks like no to me…


 “Ajusshi, you didn’t tell my dad that I’m coming right?” Ji Eun asked her driver as she peeked inside her father’s office.

“Don’t worry Ji Eun-ah, I didn’t tell anyone,” Hodong nodded as he chuckled to himself.

“Thanks ajusshi,” she bowed at the older man and stepped inside her father’s office.

The room was just as she remembered, spacious and classic style. She used to visit her father’s often when she was young, but she stopped doing so ever since she entered high school.

As expected, her father was sitting at the large armchair at one corner of the room, reading a magazine very seriously. He didn’t seem to notice the door opened when Ji Eun entered. She walked slowly towards her father, Lee Sugeun, planning to surprise him with her visit. But she stopped when she saw the cover of the magazine that her father was reading. Jung Yunho was at the front cover of the business magazine.

“Yunho didn’t come along too?” Sugeun casually asked, his eyes still glued to the magazine.

Ji Eun pouted and tilted her head in confusion as she sighed heavily in defeat. “Daddy, how come you knew?” she asked.

Lee Sugeun chuckled and lifted his head to look at his only daughter. He closed the magazine and placed his glasses on the coffee table as he turned to face her. She hasn’t changed even one bit. Maybe she looked a bit more mature because she’s married, but other than that she’s still his daughter Lee Ji Eun or Jung Ji Eun now.

“I know those footsteps anywhere sweety,” Sugeun replied as he offered his arms open.

Ji Eun quickly responded to the gesture and buried herself in her father’s warm hug. She missed him so much, the first person who ever showed her any kind of love. They were hugging for a few minutes when Sugeun noticed his shirt was wet.

He slightly pulled away and lifted his daughter’s chin up to face him. “What’s wrong Ji Eun-ah? Why are you crying?” he asked, wiping her tears away.

Ji Eun didn’t want to burden him with her problems as she shook her head and wiped her tears away. “N-nothing dad, I just miss you so much,” she replied.

“I miss you too sweety. Before I forget, Happy Belated Birthday Ji Eun-ah,” Sugeun patted her head and kissed her forehead.

Those words made Ji Eun’s tears pour harder. Her father still remembers her birthday. He even took out something from his pocket and attached it to her bracelet. It was a heart-shaped charm which fitted perfectly with the bracelet he gave to her on her wedding party.

“Dad… you don’t have to,”

“No, I have to. The charm is a part of the bracelet. It’s yours, it should be given to you,”

“Thanks…” Ji Eun was overwhelmed with tears as she hugged him again.

The two sat down after some time as Sugeun observed his daughter from head to toe. Ji Eun on the other hand, waited anxiously of his comment. “Where’s Yunho?”

Ji Eun bit her lip, what was she supposed to answer him? Sugeun had expected his son-in-law to come and visit him for the first time, but seeing his daughter came alone made him question Yunho’s whereabouts.

“Did you just run away from home Ji Eun-ah?” he asked, fearing that it would be true.

The girl frantically shook her head in disapproval. “A-anniyo! I just came because I miss you. Besides, I already told Yunho oppa that I’m visiting you for a couple of days,” she explained.

“And where exactly is my son-in-law?” Sugeun kept interrogating her. It reminded Ji Eun of how Yunho acted on their double date with Jihye and Changmin.

“He’s in Japan right now for work. He went there two days ago,” she replied, lowering her head.


“Late again today? What kind of problems do you have at the office?” Lee Yejin barked just as her husband stepped into the house that evening.

Her glaring eyes turned into a shocked and cold stare when she saw the last person she wanted to see that day, her stepdaughter Jung Ji Eun. “Oh, I see. So this is the problem…”

“Annyonghaseyo mum…” Ji Eun bowed politely.

As she was about to approach her for a hug, Yejin retorted back with a remark. “He kicked you out huh? That’s why you came crawling back here?”

Ji Eun was left speechless at her words. Her heart started to beat faster as she tried to find words to reply. That statement hit her heart like a hammer, as if her heart wasn’t fragile enough right then. She felt a lump forming in as she tried to open , but no answer was heard.

“He even made you mute?”

“Yejin stop it! Ji Eun just came for a visit. Yunho couldn’t because he’s working in Japan right now,” Sugeun defended while reaching to hold Ji Eun’s hand.

“For how long?”

“Just a few days… I’m sorry mum for not informing about this earlier,” Ji Eun bowed several times, feeling guilty all of a sudden.

Before his wife could fire more attacks, Sugeun dragged his daughter into her room. He opened the door slowly as they stepped inside. Ji Eun observed the room that she left a few months ago, it was still in a good condition. Not even a speck of dust could be seen and the furniture were still in place.

“The maids always clean up your room in case you come for a visit,” Suguen answered before she could even ask.

Ji Eun smiled at her father, how thoughtful he was even though technically she didn’t live there anymore. He must’ve missed her so much. “Here,” Sugeun handed her a magazine. “I saw you kept staring at it earlier,”

Ji Eun took the copy of the business magazine that she saw her father read earlier. A picture of her husband standing tall and proud was on the cover of the magazine. The title wrote, ‘Jung Yunho A young and successful CEO’.

Just looking at his picture made her realize how much she missed seeing his face. They only heard each other voices for a brief time each time they talk on the phone. She didn’t even get to talk to him today and he promised that he would be the one to call.

“Thanks dad,” she replied, tracing her fingers over her husband’s picture.

“You better get some rest, it’s been a long day for you,” Sugeun reminded as he stepped out of her room.

Ji Eun took out her cellphone, staring intently at it, somehow hoping that her spouse would call her. She had been holding the phone close to her all day in case Yunho calls. She even left two more voicemail for him to call her back. She didn’t seem to give up when she dialed his number again.

And as expected, the call went straight to his voicemail. “Oppa… I’m at my parents house right now, I already told you that this morning. Uhm… you promised that you’ll call me… I miss you…”

She ended the message just like that since she didn’t know what else to say. She took the magazine and stared at it. “Yunho oppa… how are you doing right now?” she sighed as she held the magazine close to her.


Jung Yunho on the other hand was strolling the streets of Tokyo, looking around for a perfect gift for his wife. He figured that he should at least buy her something to say sorry for breaking his promise. And yes, he still didn’t know that it was her birthday.

He stopped by a shoe store, a handbag store and even a fashion store. But he couldn’t find the perfect gift for Ji Eun. He knew she wouldn’t like it if he bought those things for her, his wife was not materialistic. Then, something caught his eyes. There was a gift shop, holding up a poster of customize teddy bears.

As he was about to approach the shop, someone bumped into him and the person’s shopping bags scattered all over the floor.

“I’m so sorry, are you okay miss?” Yunho apologized as he offered his hand to help her up.

“I’m fine, thanks,” the women replied as they both pick up her shopping bags.

“You’re not hurt right?” he asked, bowing as he did so.

The women dusted off her dress and shook her head, “That’s ok. No scratches at all,”

They both lifted up their heads to look at each other’s faces. That was when the women gasped and Yunho had his eyes wide open in shock.

here's the next update. i try to write a long chapter each time i update. hope you guys will enjoy it^^*

thanks so much for all those who commented, subscribed and read this fic <3 i will try my best for every update