Chapter 82

Something Called Love...
Ji Eun had finally stopped crying. She was holding tightly onto her mother's hand, while occasionally wiping her continuously watery eyes. Junsu was feeling guilty at the sight in front of him, but he convinced himself that it was for the best. Jaejoong was still suspicious about the wink he just received as he kept glaring at the dolphin boy once in a while.

"Jae oppa, I think we should inform Yunho oppa's family about this." Ji Eun suddenly spoke, after been silent for a while. Maybe she has just regained her composure.

Junsu was starting to sweat when they mention about Yunho's family. Everyone else seemed to agree with the idea as Jaejoong fished out his phone to give the Jungs a call. Without much thought, Junsu grabbed the phone away from the elder man.

"W-wait hyung!" he yelped, closing the phone shut. "D-don't you want to wait until the doctor comes out?" he made up an excuse.

"This is serious Junsu-ah! We can't waste time!" Jaejoong scolded, grabbing the phone back and hastily calling the Jungs. The phone convo lasted for ten minutes as Jaejoong tried to explain to Yunho's family calmly about the situation.

As soon as he ended the call, a doctor came out from the emergency room. Ji Eun immediately stood up and went towards the doctor. He carefully took off his face mask and faced the tensed people in front of him.

"Jung Yunho's family?" he asked with a warm and comforting smile. The doctor was young and quite good-looking, not the face you'd expected to see from your surgeon.

"I'm his wife, Jung Ji Eun." Ji Eun stepped forward, again wiping her tears. "Please tell me you have good news." she pleaded.

"I'm Dr. Song Joongki." he introduced himself. "Calm down Mrs. Jung, your husband passed the critical stage. He suffers a slight concussion and lose quite a lot of blood, but we managed to save him." Dr. Song stated calmly.

"W-will he be okay?" she asked, worried when she heard about his loss of blood.

"We will put him under supervision. If he responds well, he might wake up by tomorrow." he replied, still smiling warmly.

"Are there any complications?" Jaejoong suddenly asked, feeling suspicious of the young doctor.

"Fortunately, no. His heartbeat is steady and he's breathing quite well." Dr. Song added. "We've moved him to a ward, you can visit him now. If there's any problem you can contact me." he bowed and left.

Ji Eun grabbed her brother's hand as she dragged him with her towards the ward. Jaejoong knew she needed him in case she might be shocked of what they might see. The rest of them slowly followed them from behind.

Arriving in front of the door, Ji Eun took a deep breath before stretching her hand to the doorknob. Jaejoong noticed that his sister was shaking as he slowly turned the doorknob for her. They stepped inside to be greeted first by the smell of medicine. Ji Eun pulled away the curtains and saw her husband lying lifelessly on the hospital bed.

She gasped, staring at the pale figure of her husband on the bed. His eyes were closed tightly and his lips were pale white. There was a bandage wrapped around his head and a needle stuck to the back of his left hand, connected to the IV drop hanging beside the bed. Seeing her husband in that state, made her knees go weak again.

Jaejoong grasped her shoulders from behind, steadying her. "Get a hold of yourself Ji Eun-ah, Yunho needs you now. Besides, you're pregnant remember?" he advised.

Ji Eun nodded slightly, as she took another deep breath. Her footsteps felt heavy as she slowly approached her sleeping husband. It didn't occur to her that the Jung Yunho that was apologizing and confessing his love for her just now, would be lying in a hospital bed a few hours later.

She carefully sat beside him on the bed and slowly wrapped her warms hands around his cold ones. Jaejoong took that as a signal to usher everyone else out of the room, Ji Eun needed her own time with him.

"Y-Yunnie..." she started out in a stutter. "It's me Ji Eun-ah. Can you hear me?" she asked.

As expected, there were no replies from him. Ji Eun knew this would happen, it was too early for him to wake up according to the doctor. But she somehow wished that miracles exist at that time.

[Yunho's POV]

I hope Junsu's plan better work. Knowing how depressed Ji Eun will be when she sees me in this condition breaks my heart. She couldn't get stressed, it's bad for the twins and her health. It's not my intention to trick her this way, but if this plan can bring us back together, I'm willing to.

It wasn't all a lie. I seriously got into an accident, but it was only a minor one. Instead of getting hit by a car or something bigger, I was only hit by a... Bicycle. I knew it might sound like a joke, but the bicycle was speeding quite fast towards my way. It hit me with a loud impact that made me crash to the ground. Fortunately, I only suffered a few scratches and a sprained ankle.

Junsu was there and he brought me to the hospital. While the doctor was treating me, Junsu came up with a plan to exaggerate about my accident. I was contemplating at first, Ji Eun is pregnant and this will stress her out. But we even got help from Junsu's friends who is a doctor there and then I finally agreed.

I am now lying on this hospital bed, waiting for my wife to enter. Junsu texted me saying that they are on their way. I quickly taped the IV needle to my hand and fixed the blanket as I pretended to be unconscious. A few minutes later, I heard the door creaked open as my wife entered with Jaejoong following closely from behind.

My heart breaks as soon as I saw her. Ji Eun gasped when she saw me as she went weak in the knees. I had to suppress myself from running towards her. Thank goodness Jaejoong was there. He grasped her shoulders and told her to get a hold of herself. She's pregnant and I need her.

She nodded slightly as she took a deep breath before attempting to approach me again. This time she succeeded. I felt her warm presence as she sat beside me on the bed. I missed her warm and soft hands when she wrapped them gently around my cold ones. The cold temperature in the room helped making the effect of me sick looked real.

Ji Eun spoke when everyone started to leave. "Y-Yunnie..." she was stuttering, calling me with the nickname I missed to hear from her. "It's me Ji Eun-ah. Can you hear me?" she asked.

I was struggling to keep myself from answering her. Her tone was melancholic, but I could feel the love in her voice. Does that mean she still loves me? Yes baby, I can hear you clearly. I'm so sorry for lying to you again. But I had to, you wouldn't even talk or look at me a few hours ago.

"I'm so sorry... Please wake up oppa. I'm sorry I acted cold towards you earlier." she sobbed slightly. I was shocked to hear apologies from her.

Baby, you don't have to feel sorry. None of this was your fault. It was mine, all mine. I'm the one who should be apologizing, not you.

"Please wake up and get better Yunnie. I want to hear you call me baby again. And don't you wanna hear our twins call you Appa? They miss you, I... Miss you too." she confessed.

It took all of my willpower to prevent myself from getting up and hugging her tightly in my arms. I don't care if she will be suspicious, but I have to respond to her somehow. Then an idea came to me. I slightly flinched my fingers, making sure that she felt it.

"B-baby..." I mumbled faintly, barely audible but I really hoped that she heard me.

[Author's POV]

Ji Eun was staring hopefully at her husband while holding onto his hands tightly. She really hoped he heard her pleas. Then all of a sudden, she felt his fingers flinch in her grasp. Ji Eun knew it was impossible, but she swore she heard a faint mumble from Yunho. He was calling her nickname.

It was quite unbelievable for Ji Eun. Her husband was responding too fast. Didn't the doctor told her that he would wake up the earliest tomorrow? Why did she hear a reply from him?

Ji Eun sighed, getting back to her senses. "I must be dreaming." she told herself.

----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------

"Oppa, where's Yunho oppa's parents and Jihye unnie?" Ji Eun asked while sipping the tea her brother bought for her. Junsu was inside, taking care of Yunho.

"The chairman went overseas for business, so he couldn't come that quick. Jihye and aunt Misun are one their way. They were quite shocked to hear this." Jaejoong explained, pulling his jacket over her shoulders to keep her warm.

"How about you? Are you okay?" he asked in concern.

"I believe that he will wake up soon and get better. Yunho oppa is strong." she nodded confidently. Somehow his responses earlier gave her some optimistic thoughts.

Jaejoong patted his sister's hair proudly. He was glad she stayed strong through this hard times, she was indeed a strong woman despite being pregnant. Maybe the twins were her source of strength.

"But oppa? Something's weird...I was talking to Yunho oppa earlier and I somehow heard him reply." Ji Eun told him about what she experienced just now.

"Reply? You mean?"

"I told him to call me baby again. I swore I heard him call my nickname." Ji Eun was pouting. "I even felt his fingers moving. Is that normal oppa?" he's tilted her head to the side, deep in thoughts.

"That is weird... Didn't the doctor say he would wake up tomorrow the earliest?" Jaejoong raised his eyebrows in confusion as Ji Eun shrugged her shoulders. He made a mental note to investigate this.

----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------

"Yunho-ah! Wake up my son!" Misun cried out. The Jungs have arrived and they immediately went to his ward. Yunho's father couldn't join them because he was still on the plane.

"Omma, calm down. The doctor said that oppa is fine. He just needed a lot of rest and he'll wake up by tomorrow." Jihye tried too calm down her mother. She too was on the verge of tears upon seeing her only brother hospitalized and unconscious.

"Omma... I believe in Yunho oppa. He's strong. I know he can fight for us." Ji Eun patted her mother-in-law's back when the elder lady engulfed her in tight hug. She trying to not cry in front of them, she needed to be strong too for her husband's sake.

[Yunho's POV]

I peeked open my eyes slightly to get a better view of what was happening. My mother was crying hysterically while my sister and wife tried to comfort her. Jihye was trying very hard to choke back her tears while Ji Eun... She looked so vulnerable, yet she looked strong.

Ji Eun seemed to change a lot. She has grown stronger these days, I wonder if our twins were giving her the strength. I'm so proud of you baby, you stayed strong for my sake.

I'm sorry Omma, it's not my intention to lie to you or make you sad too. I promise you that this won't be for long. I'm just going to make sure that me and Ji Eun will get back together again. Please be patient and listen to Jihye.

----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------@@@@@----------

It was already nighttime. Everyone was just getting ready to leave. They were planning to stay at Yejin's house for the night before checking back on him tomorrow. Ji Eun on the other hand refused to leave her husband's side. She has been sitting beside him all day while holding tightly onto his hand. She even refused to eat.

After consultation with the doctor, she was allowed to stay for the night. The rest of them bid their goodbyes as they left. "Call me if you need anything okay? Take good care of yourself." Jaejoong reminded for the hundredth time before pulling her into a hug.

"Don't worry oppa, I can take care of myself. Besides, I'm in hospital remember?" she nodded, assuring him that she will be fine.

After sending her brother to the door, Ji Eun resumed her place beside Yunho. She stared at her husband's peaceful sleeping face as she lifted her hands to caress his cheeks. She smiled sadly while staring at him sadly.

"Yunnie... I know you can't, but I really hope you can hear me." Ji Eun spoke softly as if he could hear her. "I forgive you for everything. I love you..." she mumbled the words that Yunho had been wanting to hear.

She placed his palm on her warm cheeks while breathing deeply. She stared at him for a few minutes before standing up and kissing him softly on his cheeks. "Goodnight oppa. I hope you'll wake up tomorrow. Sweet dreams." she whispered in his ear.

Ji Eun leaned her head near Yunho's hand that she was holding tightly onto. Not long after, she fell into a slumber in that position.

Yunho waited until his wife was fully asleep before waking up from the bed. He softly pulled his hands away, not wanting to wake her up. He stood up from the bed and carried his wife to the empty bed inside the room. He really wanted to place her on the bed beside him, holding her close to him all night. But he knew that was impossible, he might freak her out the next morning.

Though Ji Eun might be suspicious on how she ended on the bed tomorrow, Yunho couldn't feel at ease to see his pregnant wife sleeping in that uncomfortable position. He tucked her comfortably with the blanket before her hair gently, something he'd been missing to do.

"I love you too. Sweet dreams my baby Ji Eun-ah." he whispered back those sweet words to her before kissing her forehead softly.

TO BE CONTINUED...

It's been a while since I wrote in someone's POV. Sorry for any typo. Why do ideas flood when I have exams? *sigh* enjoy!