Brief meeting

In your atmosphere

 “I know it’s not much and it’s nothing like your bedroom at your old home, but it’ll do I suppose,” your auntie said as happily as she could.

You sat on your lumpy mattress as you stared around at the small room; your en suite bathroom at home was bigger than this.

“Why couldn’t I have stayed at the house?” you asked glumly. “I would have had more room and space there.”

That was a lie. You had intended to move into a flat of your own, you couldn't bear to live in that house that was filled with the memory of your parents. You just wanted to be left alone.

“You know why darling. You’re not allowed the house and your trust fund till you’re 21 or to have your place, now do you want something to eat? I can get a celebration cake, since you’ve been discharged today," she asked and kissed the top of your head.

You ignored her, she sighed. “Well, I’ll be in the kitchen if you need anything,” and she left.

You fell back on the uncomfortably small bed, and forced yourself to be quiet as you cried. You checked your phone. 0 calls, 0 messages.

No one had called you since the accident, not your dance teacher, not your friends, not even Junho. You were a nobody now.

You couldn’t take the silence any longer; you picked up your phone and texted Junho.

“I need to talk to someone,”

Junho took a while to reply. “I can’t, I’m busy.”

You sighed. *I guess I can’t really rely on a guy who cheats on me.*

You texted all your other friends, they all said the exact same things. They were busy, they couldn’t make it…bull. They could all make it, it’s the fact that you were now living in West Seoul was what put them off.

Your auntie was the sister to your dad, they came from a rich family but she got pregnant at the age of 15 with her high school boyfriend who left her. In the eyes of her parents, she'd shamed the family name. They disowned her, but she ended up having a miscarriage and though the family welcomed her back…she refused to take their charity and took on the cruel world without a penny of her trust fund.

*Who would give up everything for a life like this?* you thought as you looked around the room, you stared out the window and you were no longer greeted by a fully grown beautiful cherry blossom tree your parents had planted for you. Instead it was the back of a building and some large disgusting bins.

You sighed. *I want to be able to dance again. I want my parents back. I want my old life back.*

“Dinner’s ready!” your auntie called from the kitchen.

You didn’t want to go down but your stomach rumbled, with a heavy sigh you lifted yourself up off your bed.

You hopped down the steps on your crutches, but bumped into something hard but soft and warm. A guy.

“Watch where you’re going,” you hissed angrily, the guy turned to look at you and you felt your eyes widen in pleasant surprise.

He was extremely good looking. His lips were full and inviting, his eyes alluring and full of pain and suffering. *Are mine like that?* you couldn’t help but wonder.

You wanted to frown as a thought came to mind. *He’s better looking than Junho.* You'd had this idea that all guys from West Seoul looked beaten and scarred, rough and tough.

“Sorry,” the guy bowed, he looked down at your leg. “I hope that gets better.”

He tried to make a quick escape but your aunt called him.

“Kikwang ah! Don’t forget,” she handed him a bag of food.

Kikwang hid his thankful eyes, but his pride kicked in. “Thank you ahjumma, but you don’t have to do this.”

Your aunt clicked her tongue. “Don’t be silly. You fix things for free, it’s the least I could do.”

The guy, Kikwang, hesitantly took the food. “I’ll pay you back for this.”

He left.

Your aunt shook her head. “That boy, so well mannered. I’m surprised he hasn’t got a girlfriend, he’s ever so kind and a cute looking lad.”

Cute was an understatement. You were surprised too; a guy like that in Seoul High would have girls willing to crawl all over him. He wouldn't last a minute without not being the new Kingka.

“How come he was here?”

Your auntie led you to the small kitchen and put food on your plate, though it wasn’t skilfully laid out like the chefs at home would do, it smelled good and you were too hungry to care about how to food was presented.

“Oh Kikwang? He comes here to repair some things for me, the boiler is always breaking. That boy can fix anything, but he never wants any money at all.”

You nodded and ate with your aunt in the living room, she couldn’t afford a TV so she just had a radio.

-

-

As Kikwang made his way down the stairs, your face had been bothering him. *Where have I seen that girl before?*

And then he remembered. *That day in the park…she’s Junho’s girlfriend.*

Though he thought your aunt was a lovely woman, he didn’t understand why you were in such a rough environment. As he walked home your face was still in his thoughts. *I shouldn’t be thinking about an enemy’s girl. She looked pretty though, but different. More sad, I hope she’s okay.*

=======

Ah I know short chaps...but I kind of wanted to keep the chaps short so that it could build more tension - if that makes sense haha. I know it wasn't an amazing first meeting, but more drama and romance is coming ;) Hope you all liked it ^^

Please don't hesitate to...

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! :DDD

How about being friends?

<3333