My Life

In your atmosphere

“Where are we going?” you asked as Kikwang gave you a piggy back ride. You snuggled into his warm back, as he carried you.

Kikwang smiled. “You told me about your past, it’s about time I tell you mine.”

He stopped in front of a block of flats that belonged on a demolition site. Windows were boarded up and broken glass was scattered along the road. You hugged Kikwang’s neck tighter.

He felt your nervousness and kissed your arm. “I won’t let anything bad happen to you baby. I promise.”

He took you into the block of flats, and you looked at the walls covered in rude graffiti, broken beer bottles and you swore you saw a syringe.

You swallowed. “Oppa…”

Kikwang paused outside a door. “This…this is my home ~~~~~~ ah.”

Your eyes widened in shock. *N-No. Oppa can’t live in a horrible place like this…could he?*

He opened the door and you were in an apartment smaller than your aunts. But what concerned you the most was the smell of vomit and alcohol.

Kikwang carried you into the room, and you gasped when you saw a woman passed out on the couch. Though her makeup ran, her skin was pale and her hair was mussed, you could tell she would have been a pretty ahjumma.

Kikwang settled you down onto the floor, and he began to clear away the bottles of alcohol.

“Oppa?”

Kikwang looked at you then down at the woman. “Meet my mother.”

You swallowed, unsure of what to do. “Is she okay?"

Kikwang chuckled darkly. “If you call being drunk okay, then yeah. She’s spectacular.”

You tilted your head then walked over to Kikwang and wrapped your arms around his waist, comforting him. He placed his chin on top of your head.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

Kikwang bit the sides of his mouth, he’d never talked about his past to anyone else other than B2ST and even then they did their best not to bring it up.

Kikwang nodded, he threw away the bottles of alcohol then he took you to the top of the block of flats and you were both on the roof.

“My mother…she’s a drunk. She’s been like that since I can remember. I’ve been in and out of foster care because of it, they put me in a foster care in East Seoul.”

You bit your lip, you knew how cruel people were in East Seoul.

Kikwang continued on. “I was taken the piss out of in Primary school, because of my second hand school uniform. I was a scrawny 9 year old and I got into a lot of fights, then my Umma said she was getting help…staying sober. So they allowed me home, back to West Seoul. My Umma wasn’t getting any help, she wanted me home to clean up her sick.”

You began to cry. *What kind of childhood did he have?*

“Then when I became a teenager, my mother began to hit me.”

You gasped. “Why?”

Kikwang ground his teeth together. “Because…I looked more and more like my father. He left my Umma the moment I was born, he left her for a younger woman,” Kikwang said with a dark smirk. “I grew up with a drunken mum and a failure for a father, I was a social pariah all my school life because I came to school with cuts from where my Umma would throw bottles at me sometimes. People were disgusted with me, so I learned to isolate myself from everyone around me. I learned how to be alone.”

You wiped your tears. “I’m so sorry oppa-…”

He hugged you. “You have nothing to be sorry for.”

“I know, I just wish…I just wish I could take the pain away.”

“You’re doing that by being here with me right now.”

You held his hands.

“Thank you, for letting me know about your past. For letting me know this part of your life.”

Kikwang kissed your head. “I’m glad you’re here with me.”

“I love you oppa.”

“I love you too.”

======

N'awww :P Hope you enjoyed :DDDD