Evening

In your atmosphere

The entire ride to the venue was so awkward that it made you wish you had walked. Your parents sat on one end of the limo and you and Junho sat on the other. You tried to occupy your mind by looking out of the window at how different Seoul city looked at night.

You wore your red dress and you paired it with fabulous red peep toe shoes, a black Prada clutch bag, dangling diamond earring and a ruby stoned necklace your parents had given you for your 16th birthday. Your hair was pinned up into a messy but sophisticated up do.

Junho looked…y. In a custom made Versace suit, with three buttons on his dress shirt undone to show an immaculately toned chest made you smirk in private. You’d guessed he did it to tease you, to show you what you were ‘missing out on’.

You cleared your throat. “So how long do we have to stay?”

Your father looked at Junho for a second then turned his attention back to you. “Not long, we know it’s your show tomorrow. Maybe till 10.”

The moment you arrived, the paparazzi crowded around your limo.

“~~~~~ ah ssi! What’s it like to be the star of the Seoul Ballet Theatre company?”

“~~~~~~~ ah ssi! How do you think you will do on the first showing of the Nutcracker in the company?”

You hated crowds like this, your claustrophobia kicked in but you were dragged away from the press and taken inside the venue.

“Are you alright?” your mother asked you as she gently dusted off your dress. You took a deep breath.

“I think I’m fine.”

Your father looked outside. “I see Junho is enjoying himself.”

The three of you stared outside to see Junho eagerly talking to the press; the female reporters eyed him up.

When you finally dragged Junho was from the reporters, the two of you were seated on a table far away from your parents, but you didn’t want to be anywhere near them. They always ignored Junho and it always made you feel guilty and uncomfortable.

“Excuse me?” a small girl tugged lightly on your dress. “Will you please sign this, I love you unnie.”

She held out a notebook, you wanted to snarl at her for pulling on your dress but you couldn’t bear to do that to a young girl. You stooped down and wrote a sweet message in her notebook and gave it back to her.

“There you go,” you said smiling. You saw her skip happily away, Junho rolled his eyes. *She’ll give a kid what she wants, but won’t give me what I want.*

“What’s that over there?” Junho asked as he pointed to a table that was run by two people. “I’ve seen about 15 people go there.”

You took a sip of champagne. “It’s a charity thing, people donate to charity and the highest donator gets a prize.”

Junho snorted. “Why give the poor money? If they can’t get their lazy asses off to work then why I should I give them my hard earned money.”

You raised an eyebrow at his words. “Your father is a film producer, you have a trust fund. The only work you do is cut the grass. Which by the way, a 10 year old could do.”

Junho was about to answer back but you were approached by a man.

“Excuse me Miss ~~~~~ ah ssi, but we were wandering if you could talk about your show? Everyone in this room is a big fan of your work, your production on Sleeping Beauty was marvellous, I daresay it brought a tear to my eye.”

You smugly grinned. You were used to people admiring your work, it was something you welcomed and expected at such gatherings.

“I’d love to.”

The man bowed. “You are the best ballerina dancer in the entire country!”

Junho grimaced. “What a ert.”

You scowled at him. “Just because he can give a compliment doesn’t mean you have to be rude Junho!”

-

-

-

Kikwang entered a small dingy house, he heard a crashing sound coming from the kitchen.

“Umma!?” he said loudly as he ran down the short hallway into the dim kitchen, it was so small it could barely fit two people. Kikwang saw his mother on the floor with a saucepan at her side. “Umma!”

The moment he scooped her up in his arms, she hit at his chest with a bottle of whiskey.

“You get your paws of me, I can’t believe you’re still here,” his drunken mother slurred at him. “You got me pregnant and left me alone! Go die!”

Kikwang sighed. “Umma, it’s me Kikwang.”

“Kikwang is a boy, I would know the difference between my son and his filthy father,” she shouted and tried to hit him again but she passed out.

Kikwang shook his head as he tucked her in the couch – the only type of bed – and threw away the whiskey bottle. He ground his teeth as he saw 3 empty bottle of soju in the bin anyway, they weren’t there when he left.

Kikwang checked on his mother, who was sleeping soundly on the couch. He took his jacket off and covered her small body.

*It kills to look like the man your drunkard mother hates.*

He never knew his father only that he left the moment he was born. His mother couldn’t afford anything, and if she did earn any money, it went straight on alcohol. Kikwang guessed that his mother drank because she wanted to wash away the memories of his father, to drown them out. Memories like that don’t fade.

-

-

-

“I hope you all come and see my show,” you said as the bright spot light found you. “I’ve been working hard and so have the other dancers and our dance teacher. I look forward to seeing you all there, please support it.”

You bowed and the entire crowd whooped. Honestly, the speech wasn’t that good but because you were the speaker, it made it seem excellent.

“Miss ~~~~~ ah ssi, could you please do one more thing? Could you read out the name and hand over the prize for the highest donator for tonight’s charity?” the man asked.

You smiled. “I’d be honoured to do so.”

You were handed a card, you opened it. “And the winner is…” you read the amount donated. 1 million was donated. “The donator is anonymous,” you announced. *Of course it’s anonymous! I was the one who donated the 1 million!*

The man sighed. “Well, I guess we’ll have to give it away for free,” he turned to you. “How about you have it? As a token of our good luck for your show tomorrow night.”

You rolled your eyes. *My donation was anonymous but I end up with the prize anyway!*

“Junho!” you called his name as you searched for him. “Junho! Where the hell ar-…”

You stopped as you caught him sliding his hand up a girls leg, who’s dress was very short. He seemed to be whispering in her ear.

He turned his head to smirk but when he saw your enraged face he pulled away.

You shook your head and stomped away.

“~~~~~ ah! ~~~~~ ah!” he ran after you. He caught your wrist and spun your around. “It’s not what you think-…”

“Oh really? So your hand was up there by accident was it?”

Junho glowered at you. “If you had with me maybe I wouldn’t try to find it in other girls.”

You gaped at him. “I can’t believe you said that. Get your own ride home.”

You left Junho standing dumbfounded.

*!* he cursed in his thoughts.

“Let’s go please,” you said to your parents. They stood up. “Let’s go now please.”

They hurried after you as you rushed outside into your limo. “~~~~~ ah, what is the matter.”

“I’m not feeling too well,” you lied.

Your father checked your temperature. “I hope you’re not coming down with a fever.”

“It’s not that, I think it’s all the champagne.”

And then everything went black.

 =======

Oh no 0_0!! hope you liked it...BAD Junho :P Please comment and let me know what you think! :D Please subscribe, it makes me smile to know that people are supporting the story :D Let's be friends? I love making new friends :DDDD <3333