Separate Ways

In your atmosphere

Kikwang turned to leave but you ran after him, you grabbed onto his arm.

“Please! Let me explain.”

Kikwang spun around fast, his eyes full of anger but worst of all, they were full of sadness.

“You don’t need to explain, I saw everything with my own two eyes. I should have known that you and Junho were up to something, but I’m glad I found out now. Rather than letting you lie to me even more.”

“It’s not like that, Junho and me are just friends.”

“Really?! Then please tell me why you’ve been sneaking around with him?” Kikwang growled.

You sighed and curled your hair behind your ear, you had no other choice but to tell him. Hopefully, he would see that your intentions were for the best.

“I’ve…joined the company again.”

“How long have you been back there?”

You looked down, not able to meet eyes with him. “About two weeks.”

You heard him let out a tired laugh. “You know what…” he began to walk away.

“I was going to tell you!” you said loudly. He stopped mid stride, then slowly turned to look back.

“When ~~~~~ ah? When our time together dwindled down to nothing, when you became really famous again? Any time after you told Junho right?"

You were starting to get annoyed. “This has nothing to do with Junho!”

“It has everything to do with Junho!” Kikwang shouted. “How do you think I feel ~~~~~~ ah? To know that my girlfriend entrusted something with a friend who was your ex, instead of me, your boyfriend. I thought we were closer than this.”

“He’s just a friend Kikwang, he’s just been supporting me.”

“And you didn’t think I could? Just because I don’t have the flashy cars, you don’t think I would be there for you every step of the way? It kills to know that all those times you’ve been cancelling on me, you’ve been with Junho!”

You narrowed your eyes at him. “And you’re completely innocent?!”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t pretend you don’t know. Hyuna and you haven’t exactly been just friends, I’ve seen the way she looks at you. How she looks at you when she thinks I’m not looking.”

Kikwang glared at you. “At least I’m not hiding my friendship with her.”

“You’re friends with the girl who used to beat me up, who gave me crap because I was with you.”

“The girl who used to beat you up has been my friend, has been there for me when you were having fun with Junho,” Kikwang sighed. “I’m going, I need time to think.”

“I didn’t tell you because I was afraid!” you shouted. “In the past, people had used my success in the dancing industry as a way to get their own popularity. To gain attention from the media, I was afraid that if I told you or the other oppa’s…you would all turn exactly like those people.”

You saw Kikwang’s hands clench into tight fists, and he looked at you.

“You thought…that I was going to use your popularity? After I’ve told you how much I love you, you thought all of those things. Wow,” he muttered. “I can’t believe this, I gave you everything I had. I told you things I’d never told anyone before, I trusted you and yet you didn’t return that at all.”

“Kikwang-…”

“I would have been proud to say that you were my girlfriend, the greatest ballerina in Seoul. But, how can you even think of me like that? Of B2ST? They loved you like their own sister…I loved you.”

Your throat became thick as tears clouded your eyes. “I was scared of losing you, I didn’t want to lose you because of my dancing so I kept it from you. I didn’t want to lose you,” you said tearfully.

Kikwang sighed. “Well, now you have.”

He began to walk away. You cried as you felt your heart break.

“Please Kikwang, don’t do this.”

He didn’t look back completely, but his head was turned slightly to the side. “I just did.”

You sank down to the floor, sobbing loudly. Kikwang couldn’t even bring himself to look back at you, if he did, a mixture of anger and sadness would appear in his heart. All this time, he trusted you yet you couldn’t trust him with something that was a big part of your life.

*I thought we were closer than that.*

You wiped your tears but they just kept on spilling out, you hugged your knees to your chest. *I can’t believe I just ruined everything we had, I should have told him. Now, I really have just lost him.*

You sniffed and placed a hand over your aching heart.

======

:'( Sad chappie :'(