Day Out

In your atmosphere

You and Kikwang were snugly cuddling on your bed.

You sighed in content. “You’re so warm.”

Kikwang chuckled. “You’re so beautiful.”

You clicked your tongue and sat up. “You’re so biased.”

Kikwang smiled and sat up too.

“Want to go out today?”

You eagerly nodded. “Can we? I-I mean, if only we can afford it-…”

“~~~~~ ah!” he cut you off. “It’s fine. I want to make my girlfriend smile.”

He dragged you off the bed.

You got changed but you bumped into a box. You looked at it and your smile disappeared, it was the costume you were supposed to wear as Clara in ‘The Nutcracker’. Kikwang picked it up carefully and held it up.

“It’s so you,” he said, you snatched it from him and quickly shoved it away into the depths of your wardrobe.

“I’m not a dancer anymore oppa.”

Kikwang caught you around the waist and tilted your head up by your chin, he looked deep into your eyes. “You were born to be a dancer ~~~~~~ ah. I’m sure one day, you will be able to dance again.”

Even though you were unsure, it did make you feel a little better. You quickly pecked him on the lips.

“I need to change,” you said and pulled out skinny jeans but he stopped you.

“Maybe not those…” he looked in your drawers and pulled out a pair of shorts. “How about these?”

You giggled. “You are such a ert!”

Kikwang held his hands up defensively. “Not a ert, just thinking realistically. It’s hot and where we’re going, you definitely don’t want to be wearing skinny jeans.”

You looked at him sceptically. “Where exactly are we going?”

Kikwang winked. “You’ll see soon.”

You rolled your eyes but the moment you turned your back on him, you put your hand over your heart. *He really shouldn’t wink at me. I am seriously on the verge of a heart attack.*

Despite your doubts, you wore the shorts he suggested. You wore a large white buttoned shirt with a cardigan and some sunglasses, with gladiator sandals. You looped your fingers through his and tugged him to the door.

“Let’s go!”

“You don’t even know where we’re going,” he said laughingly. You grinned.

“You can tell me and then I’ll lead.”

Kikwang shook his head playfully. “Nope, not a chance.”

You pouted and banged your head on his arm. “Oppa!”

He laughed at your show. “Were you always this cute?”

“No. At East Seoul I was the Queenka, I had to keep the charismatic and y appearance. Junho doesn’t really like cute girls, he likes y ones,” you said dismally. “I guess I wasn’t myself in East Seoul.”

As the two of you walked Kikwang hugged you close to his side. “You can be yourself baby, around me you can be whoever you want to be.”

You gratefully smiled up at him. “Thank you.”

You were shocked to feel his warm breath tickle your skin, and his voice echoed in your ear. “By the way…you are very y.”

Blushing madly, you bowed. “Thanks.”

-

-

-

“Wah!” you squealed as the two of you looked out at the glistening blue sea. You hadn’t been to the sea in a long time, you always came here to clear your head after dance rehearsals at the company.

“You like it?”

“Like it?! I love it!”

You laughed and dragged Kikwang closer to the shore, he was surprised at how strong you were. You were glad it was low tide.

“So this is why you made me wear shorts.”

“What can I say? I am a thoughtful boyfriend.”

He leaned down and kissed you lovingly on the lips, without warning, he splashed at you.

You pulled back with a dark look. “You didn’t-…”

But he splashed you again, a y smirk playing on his lips.

You rolled the sleeves of your cardigan up. “Oh it’s on!”

The two of you began a splashing war, you kicked the water at him and he dodged as best he could. You were squealing with laughter and Kikwang’s smile was so wide you were sure it hurt his cheeks.

Suddenly he picked you up and put you over his shoulder, as he charged deeper out at sea.

“Oppa!”

But he spun you around, you laughed and lightly thumped at his bum. “Put me down! You evil man!”

“Evil?” he asked. “Oh you will pay!”

He pretended to drop you but of course, his grip was firm and tight, he would never hurt you.

You squealed. “Okay! Okay! I apologise, put me down!”

He did, you were light headed and stumbled a little. Kikwang steadied you.

“Are you okay?” he asked as he held your hand

“I’m perfect.”

He kissed your hand as the two of you walked hand in hand on the sand, the sun beginning to set. You wrapped your arm around his waist and Kikwang draped his over your shoulders, you breathed in the salty sea air.

“I love you oppa.”

Kikwang’s heart swelled with happiness. “I love you too.”

-

-

-

Kikwang let go of your hand and stepped a little away from you.

“What are you doing?”

“I want you to teach me that jump and pirouette thing the ballerinas on TV do.”

You snorted. “Okay, one – it takes a lot of practice. Two – I can’t do it because of my leg.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Are you scared? Nervous?”

You snorted. “I have never been nervous.”

Kikwang motioned you with his index finger. “Then show me. If you’re not scared of course.”

For the first time in a long time, you felt the competitiveness course through your veins. Your need to be the greatest – for everyone to see you were the greatest – flashed in your mind.

Digging your heels into the sand you took a deep breath. You broke out into a graceful sprint, then threw your body effortlessly into the air. The wind rushed through your air and when you landed you forced your leg to turn and you pirouetted.

When you finished, you were smiling in surprise. It was the first time you had done that and your leg didn’t hurt…at all. You stretched out your right leg and you did another pirouette, but this time you were laughing.

Once you made your tenth turn, Kikwang’s cheerful face appeared and you stopped and tumbled into his arms.

“I-I did it, and it didn’t hurt,” you announced in a trembling voice.

He kissed your cheek. “See, I told you. You were born to be a dancer, don’t be scared of who you are baby.”

-

-

-

You and Kikwang were making your way to a store, you were holding hands and girls watched you enviously. With Junho, girls envied you because you were popular and that you were dating the hottest guy in town. But…you honestly felt embarrassed to take Junho anywhere. He was just so…forward.

Kikwang, you wanted to tell everyone he was your boyfriend. You wanted to have him by your side, show him off. He was kind, caring and sweet…the complete opposite to Junho.

*What did I do to deserve someone like you?*

“Want to get some ice cream?” he asked.

You nodded. “Sure!”

The two of you went inside a store.

“Which one’s your favourite?” you asked him.

He picked out a small tub of strawberry ice cream, and a child like happiness appeared in his smile.

“It has to be strawberry. Hands down!”

You laughed and picked up the chocolate one. “I’m a chocolate girl through and through.”

Kikwang saw something and he quickly handed you the ice creams. “Can you pay? I just need to get something.”

“Sure.”

He handed you the money and left, you looked at the money and put it in your pocket. You took out your wallet and paid. Kikwang had earnt that money the hard way, when he wasn’t aware, you were going to sneak the money back into his coat pocket.

Kikwang was buying some flowers. “Yes, those ones ahjumma.”

The woman handed him a pretty bouquet and he paid.

When he turned to go back to you, a swarm of girls surrounded him.

“Hey cutie, want some company?”

Kikwang gave them all a small smile. “No thanks.”

A blonde her lips. “Are you sure? We charge really cheaply.”

“You can have just the one if you don’t feel comfortable with all of us,” another said as she pointed to her 4 colleagues.

Kikwang made his way around them. “Sorry ladies, I am a one girl type of guy, and the one girl I like is waiting for me.”

As he walked way the es sighed. “I wish there were more guys like him.”

“Oppa?” you called, but when you saw him holding a bouquet you felt like crying. Junho bought you bouquets but he never chose them, he had his servants choose them. Yet here Kikwang was, spending money on something that didn’t need to be bought.

He handed them to you. “I hope they’re prettier than the last bouquet. But if it makes you feel better, you’re far more beautiful than the flowers,” he said softly as he curled your hair behind your ear.

You bit your lip and shook your head happily, you threw your arms around him and kissed him.

“You make me so happy. When I lost my parents…my dancing career. I didn’t think I could survive, but I have you…you give me everything I need.”

Kikwang embraced you tightly. *How wrong you are ~~~~~ ah. It’s you who gives me everything I need.*

-

-

-

Kikwang was walking you home when your phone rang. You checked the ID caller, and it was Yoseob.

“Oppa?”

“Baby!” he said loudly. You giggled when you saw Kikwang frown at Yoseob’s nickname.

“Why didn’t you call Kikwang instead?”

“Because if he saw it was this fool ringing he wouldn’t answer!” you heard Junhyung say in the background.

“Want to come for dinner?” Doojoon asked in the background.

“Yah! This is my phone call,” Yoseob complained then his voice brightened. “Want to come to dinner at our place?”

You nodded. “Sure!”

“Bring Yumi!” Junhyung said. You laughed and hung up.

“I guess that’s dinner sorted.”

-

-

-

“Omo! You eat like horses!” the guys commented on yours and Yumi’s eating habits.

Yumi wiped the corners of . “Trust me. Eating tofu all your teenage life isn’t all that appetizing.”

You pinched your stomach. “Ever since I’ve been living in West Seoul, I swear I’ve gained like 10 pounds.”

“Hey ~~~~~ ah, eat this,” Yoseob said holding out a piece of food. You looked at it before you put it in your mouth.

You wanted to spit it out, but his hopeful face made you think twice. “It’s urm…it’s really nice.”

Dongwoon laughed. “No it’s not! Hyung’s cooking is never nice!”

You laughed when Yoseob pouted and threw the chopsticks. You saw Junhyung and Yumi talking animatedly, Doojoon and Hyunseung were watching football. Kikwang was studying. You beamed at the scene. *This is where I belong. I don’t need the Gucci shoes or the Versace hand bags…I have friends I truly care for and a boyfriend I truly love.*

=======

Aww! Sweet :D Hope you all enjoyed it!