Broken

In your atmosphere

You were greeted by bright florescent lighting and a god awful headache.

“Ugh, where am I?” you asked yourself as you blinked to take in your surroundings. A shape slowly shifted into a figure and then you saw a familiar face.

“~~~~~ ah,” Yumi breathed out in relief as she hugged you tightly. “How are you feeling?”

You grimaced. “Not so good. I feel like a car backed up on my legs,” you joked but Yumi didn't laugh with you, instead her eyes slowly wandered down to your legs/

And then you looked down, your right leg was in a large and ugly cast. You sat up and you accidentally pulled on your IV.

“Oh my god,” you whispered.

Yumi tried to push you back down. “Calm down ~~~~~ ah…”

You scowled and glared angrily at your leg. “How can I bloody calm down?! My leg is in a cast!” you sobbed into your hands. “How did this happen!?”

Yumi tilted her head. “Don’t you remember? The crash…”

“Crash? I remember the gala, Junho – the cheating pig – and…” and it all came flooding back suddenly. You tried to get up. “Get me the number of that driver. He is so fired,” you snarled but Yumi pushed you back down again.

“You have to stay in here.”

“I don’t want to stay in here,” you snarled. “I need to rehearse!”

“~~~~~~ ah,” a familiar voice called from the doorway, you looked to see your auntie’s tear stained face slowly relax into a sad smile. She ran and hugged you.

“W-What are you doing here?”

She didn’t say anything but just hugged you.

Your auntie looked at you with pain filled eyes. “I’m so sorry about your show ~~~~ ah, but there are other things you need to know.”

Yumi swallowed. “I-I’ll wait outside.”

You glared at the cast, you wanted to burn it, rip it off and see that your leg was fine but as you tried to move it you realised that you would be a hopping wreck. Any small movement of your injured leg sent shockwaves of pain through your entire body.

You sighed. “I need to get out of here, I have my show…I need to sort out my life, my boyfriend cheated on me. And my parents...where are my parents?”

Your auntie sat beside you and held your hand quietly, her head was down but you swore you saw her lips quiver in sadness and a tear fell down her cheeks. Just then a doctor came into the room, his expression was solemn.

“It’s nice to see you’re conscious ~~~~~~~ ah ssi. You gave us quite the scare.”

“I’ve only been out for a few hours,” you turned to your aunt. “Right?”

She shook her head. “No darling, you’ve been unconscious for a week.”

“A week?!” you shrieked. “My show! Sunbae had to have cancelled it, he wouldn’t dare let that wretched Sooyeon dance the lead!”

Your aunt tried to calm you down, you faced the doctor.

“Discharge me now!”

He ignored you and gently prodded your head with his gentle fingers, you winced.

“Ouch.”

“Is it tender?” he asked as he opened a file. You nodded. “I’m sure it’s nothing serious, she is just disorientated from the crash. Her memories are intact, but she will not remember the crash for some time. It’s the brain’s way of protection,” he told your auntie.

You frowned at how they were ignoring you. You pointed to the cast.

“Can I get it removed now? I have an important show, you see I’m-…”

The doctor gave you a small smile. “It’s okay, I know who you are ~~~~~~ ah ssi. However, dancing is something you need to rethink about.”

“I have to perform! I need to dance that show!” you snarled at him.

The doctor sighed and his expression turned soft and pitiful. “I’m afraid you misunderstood me ~~~~~~ ah ssi. The muscles on your right leg was badly damaged in the crash, we’re lucky you didn’t need an amputation.”

You grew quiet. “What are you saying?”

“I’m saying…there is a very rare chance that you will be able to dance again. I’m very sorry.”

You couldn’t breathe, you felt as if the oxygen was being right out of you.

“I-I can’t dance anymore?” you breathed out as tears fell. “You don’t understand! Without Ballet, I’m nothing!”

Your auntie squeezed your hand. “You’re not nothing darling, this isn’t the end.”

“She’s right, it’s not 100% definite that you can no longer dance. You can go on an extensive physiotherapy programme, but a surgery may be needed. It's of course very rare for someone to recover from such a serious leg injury such as the one you obtained, but it is not impossible. Or you can teach dancing,” the doctor suggested optimistically.

You wanted to punch something. Your career was over…whenever odds were bad…there was nothing that could be done.

“I can’t teach dancing! I am not someone who shares my skills to others! I am done, finished. My life is over,” you hissed at them both, you coldly pulled your hand away from your auntie’s grasp. “I no longer need you here, get me my parents. Have them arrange for me to have treatments at home.”

The doctor sighed glumly. “I’m afraid that cannot be done.”

“Are you denying me what I want? You’ve taken my ability to dance, what more!?”

Your auntie began to cry. “The crash…it was bad darling. The driver was driving fine, but there was a drunken lorry driver. It’s a miracle you had survived.”

“Just get my parents in here,” you snapped. “I don’t want to hear what took my entire life from me.”

“Your parents…they had severe internal injuries,” the doctor intervened. “Your father’s ribcage had punctured his lungs and your mother’s spine was badly damaged.”

“So you’re a doctor, your job is to fix injuries like that,” your voice shook, losing the malice. “Wait...'was'? You’ve fixed them haven’t you?”

The doctor looked down. “I’m so sorry ~~~~~ ah, by the time the emergency services got to the scene of the crash, your mother suffered from severe internal bleeding, your father’s respiratory system began to fail, no oxygen could get to his brain…”

“W-What are you saying?” you asked in a trembling voice as your throat felt thick.

“I’m so sorry, we did everything we could but it was too late…”

“YOU COULDN’T HAVE!!” you shouted. “IF YOU HAD DONE EVERYTHING MY PARENTS WOULD BE HERE! YOU KILLED THEM!”

Your aunt put her hand on your shoulder. "~~~~~~~ah-.....

You violently shrugged her hand off, wept and covered your eyes. “Just leave me alone. Get out of my room.”

Your auntie gave you a quick kiss on the cheek but you heard her and the doctor leave. You couldn’t dance. Your parents…dead.

You lay in bed crying for hours till your eyes were sore and red, you were surprised no one had come rushing into your room…to mend your broken heart.

========

I am sooooo sorry for the VERY late update. The first week back at school was so incredibly hectic I'm already fed up of it! Enough , I hope you liked the chap...though it's sad :'( Poor you. :(

Please comment!

Please subscribe!

Let's be friends? I love making new ones :DDDD <33333