Resolving Some Issues

We are Enemies /Haitus/

Eating dinner with the Lu’s went smoothly. My brother was charming as always and he really seemed taken with the thought that Luhan and his family would be there for me if anything came up.

 

Now I was standing in front of my friends wondering what I would tell them. Luhan and I agreed to tell them what was going on to clear my own conscience.

 

“So what did you get us all together here for?” Baekhyun asked, curiously. Chanyeol and Haemi both nodded in agreement. I took a deep breath and continued to think about how I would word my first statement.

 

“Um…well, you know how my brother is going to leave soon?” I started. This time I got blank stares from everyone including Luhan.

 

“Um… sure, but go on,” Haemi stated.

 

“Well… he originally came so that he could take me with him. I didn’t want to go with him so I had to figure out a way so that I could stay here. Then Luhan, being the awesome friend that he is, tried to help me figure out a way to stay here. So basically his family decided to watch over me so that I don’t have to go move away with my brother.” I spat out quickly feeling the need to get everything off of my chest.

 

“So… lets get this straight.” Baekhyun started. “ Your brother came to take you with him.”

 

“But you didn’t want to go so you devised a plan with Luhan,” Haemi continued.

 

“And now in order to stay here you are under Luhan’s family’s care.” Chanyeol finished. I sighed and nodded. There was a moment of silence where we all stared at each other.

 

“Well…that makes tons of sense!” Baekhyun exclaimed, hugging me. “Why didn’t you tell us you dork! This whole time we thought you two were dating and now we had to find out that you were trying to find a way to stay with us.”

 

“Seriously, I thought you didn’t want to tell us because you weren’t ready. I thought that you two were finally telling us. This is… unexpected.” Haemi added. I nodded.

 

“I’m sorry that I kept it from all of you. I just… felt I needed to resolve my own situation with out getting too many people involved.” I told them.

 

“Yeah, and I promised that I would keep this a secret so I hope you all understand.” Luhan explained to them. I looked over at Chanyeol and was met with a shocked and almost sad expression. For some reason I felt that I needed to apologize to him specifically, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it.

 

What exactly would be my reasoning behind apologizing to just him and not just all of them?

 

“I wish… you could have relied on us.” Chanyeol stated, dully. I bit my lip and looked down at my feet.

 

I guess I have to start building trust again...

 

“But I’m happy you get to stay.” He suddenly added, putting a hand on my shoulder. I swear at that moment, my heart was about to burst. I am not sure why his opinion meant so much to me, but the fact that he didn’t want me to leave made me feel warm.

 

“Aww… now this is cute! Enemy and enemy becoming friends,” Baekhyun exclaimed pulling us both in for a sideways hug.

 

“Or maybe more,” Haemi teased while wiggling her eyebrows. Baekhyun and Haemi laughed loudly and I could feel the heat rising on my face. I looked over a Chanyeol who looked equally as embarrassed. Then, I turned to look at Luhan who looked a bit down.

 

Hn…I wonder what is wrong with him?

 

“W-well..ahem.. enough of that. Let’s just hang out to celebrate?” Chanyeol asked to change topics. I nodded and soon we all made our way to a nearby park.

 

Maybe things will go back to normal?