The Start of a Solution

We are Enemies /Haitus/

I got ready for school and after eating some breakfast, I had to wait for my brother. I knew he would drive me but I didn’t like waiting.

 

“Yah Shinwoo are you ready?” I yelled. I heard him chuckle as he made his way down.

 

“Yah, you nag more than mom does when she visits.” He informed me. I rolled my eyes and took note of his attire. My brother was dressed in a custom grey Italian suit. His pants were creased perfectly down to his shined shoes.

 

“Well I didn’t know looking like a model was part of the job.” I commented. He smiled brightly while fixing his collar.

 

“Well I know the clothes are nice but I make it work.” He stated. I rolled my eyes.

 

“Whatever, now pali! I need to go to school!” I scolded, grabbing his wrist and pulling him out the door.

 

Don’t get me wrong. I was worried about what people would say at school. My brother’s car was really nice and my brother attracts attention on his own. My plan was to make it out of the car as fast as possible.

 

Still my plan backfired.

 

“Alright thanks bro, see you later,” I recited and I got out of his car. My friends were conveniently walking up to school. I planned to run and catch up with them, but my brother changed everything.

 

“Yah, Jaeri… come and hug me!” He yelled stepping out of his car, soon getting the attention of any girl in a 20 mile radius. I’m exaggerating of course. Still I sighed and made my way towards him.

 

“You’re a pain in the .” I muttered. He chuckled and hugged me.

 

“Yah, just because I’m in your turf doesn’t mean I’m playing by your rules. You shouldn’t be ashamed of me.” He commented. I sighed again and hugged him tightly.

 

“I’m not ashamed. In fact I’m so unashamed I have to pretend not to know you.” I told him. He chuckled and let me go.

 

“Have a nice day at school.” He told me as I let him go. I pouted.

 

“Yeah have a nice day at work.” I replied making my way towards my friends. They were now standing in front of his car.

 

“Was that your brother?! Wow he’s changed so much!” Baekhyun commented as I approached him. I nodded.

 

“Yeah, it’s him.” I stated.

 

“Bye Hyung!” He yelled. Shinwoo waved and drove off. Baekhyun was familiar with my brother and so was Haemi. After all they have been my friends the longest. They were bound to run in to my family eventually.

 

“Wow your brother looks so different!” Haemi exclaimed. Chanyeol and Luhan stood there indifferently.

 

“Yeah well… working for a big company does that.” I shot at her sarcastically. She frowned realizing that I was still irritated with her.

 

“I think I’m better looking,” Chanyeol stated, a cheesy smile was plastered on his face. I shook my head.

 

“This is why I tried to ditch him fast. Now I have to deal with this all day.” I muttered, pointing at Chanyeol. Baekhyun laughed and put his arm around my shoulder.

 

“Well don’t worry you can tell me all the details later.” He insisted. I groaned and soon we were headed to class.

 

I was in my English class. Luhan sat next to me to avoid the large fangirl population pursuing him.

 

“So, you fell asleep on me last night.” Luhan commented. I smiled and nodded.

 

“Don’t worry it’s not because you were boring. Your voice is really beautiful.” I complimented. That earned a smile from him.

 

“Oh wow, I’m flattered, but I was thinking since you fell asleep on me. How about we go get some ice cream after school and try to think of a way to keep you here?” He suggested. I felt my heart do flips and I was genuinely happy.

 

“Really… you would spend your afternoon doing that?” I questioned, feeling grateful.

 

“Of course… remember I’m someone you can lean on.” He reminded me. I nodded and hugged his arm. “Meet me out at the front of the school,” he informed me.

 

“Thank you thank you thank you!” I chanted. He chuckled. Before he could say anything the teacher came in and we started class.

 

[After School]

 

I was excited to get some ice cream with Luhan. I hurriedly packed my things and tried to head out as fast as I could.

 

“Hey Jaeri!” A voice called. I saw Baekhyun facing me with a happy expression.

 

“What’s up?” I answered. He opened his arms wide and I knew that he wanted a hug. I hugged him tight. “Alright grease ball what’s up?” I repeated. He chuckled.

 

“I’m coming over later today so expect me araso?” He insisted. I eyed him strangely but nodded.

 

I wonder what happened to him?

 

“Araso… now I got to get going. See you later.” I told him speeding up towards the exit. I thought that I was going to get out of school cleanly, but Chanyeol “conveniently” stopped me at the exit.

 

“Where are you headed off to so quickly?” He questioned. I sighed, how was I going to explain this? I had this guilt suddenly wash over me.

 

Wait why do I have to explain this to Chanyeol? He doesn’t need to know that I’m going to get ice cream with Luhan. I shouldn’t feel guilty either.

 

“Umm I have something important to do.” I vaguely answered. He smiled lightly.

 

“Well cancel that, you have an obligation to me.” He demanded. I shook my head quickly.

 

“No no, please. This is important. Let me off the hook this once,” I begged. Chanyeol’s expression turned in to one of curiousity.

 

“You’re begging me? What’s so important that you have to beg?” He started to interrogate. I groaned heavily letting my head drop. I stared down at the floor.

 

“Please Yeolie, I promise I’ll do whatever you say next time.” I promised. A smile twitched on to Chanyeol’s face when I used his pet name.

 

“Fine, but you’ll owe me big!” He responded. I hugged him and dashed off completely unaware of how the gesture affected Chanyeol.

 

Luckily, Luhan was still waiting for me. He greeted me with a smile.

 

“You came! I was scared you were going to ditch me.” He confessed. I beamed a gentle smile at him.

 

“I’m depending on you remember?” I slightly. “ Plus, you’re going to help me find a good plan that will keep me living here.” He offered me his arm.

 

“Okay, let’s go get some dessert.” He suggested. I agreed grabbing his arm.


So i might double post but we shall see how my writing progress goes ^^ so please look out for it ^^