Friends Again

We are Enemies /Haitus/

“So yeah I left money in case you guys want to order food or buy food.” My brother said as he got ready to leave again. I nodded.

 

“Alright,” I replied. He patted my head and kissed my forehead.

 

“Be have, I will see you tomorrow.” He told me. I nodded and pushed him out the door.

 

Gah if only Shinwoo knew how much I wanted to kick his right now.

 

“Soo…” Haemi called when we were left alone.

 

“If you want to leave go for it, I won’t stop you.” I told her walking past her and in to the kitchen. She frowned and shook her head.

 

“I’m not leaving. I’m here to make it up to you and to get my best friend back.” She told me. I glared at her not quite believing her intentions just yet.

 

“Well how are you going to make me trust you again? You know I don’t trust easily.” I stated, taking a seat on a stool.

 

“Oh! I could help you get a date with Chanyeol!” She exclaimed. I scoffed at her.

 

“I’m your friend Haemi. You think I didn’t know that you liked him and you kissed him on Baekhyun’s birthday.” I confessed to her. Her eyes widened.

 

“I-I I’m sorry,” She replied. I waved my wrist at her as if saying ‘don’t worry about it’.

 

“You weren’t very subtle about liking him. You were a jerk to me after all. The kiss thing was an accident. I ran in to you kissing and what not.” I told her. She sighed heavily.

 

“Look… hear me out okay. Despite all of those things I’m still your best friend. I mean who got suspended for beating up your bully in elementary school? Who took your notes when you were sick? And who ran around the whole school to get you a pair of sweats when you go your period?” She reminded. I gulped down half a cup of water and then turned to face her again.

 

“Okay… explain yourself.” I told her. She smiled softly and nodded.

 

“I’ve been going through some stuff at home… so I’ve been kind of irritated lately. So I’m sorry for being an ultra jerk. I guess I was sorta taking it out on you.” She confessed. I eyed her curiously.

 

“So what does kissing Chanyeol have to do with anything?” I questioned. Honestly, I blurted it out before I even realized what I said.  

 

Wow Jaeri… what does it even matter to you? I shouldn’t even be mad about that.

 

“Oh um… well nothing really, I kissed him because I liked him, but he told me he doesn’t like me.” She confessed looking down at her feet. I patted her shoulder. For some reason I felt a weight melt off of my chest.

 

“Sorry, he’s a jerk anyways.” I comforted her. She looked up and smiled at me.

 

“Does that mean we can be friends again?” She questioned her eyes full of hopefulness. I grinned softly and nodded.

 

“Yeah I guess we can be friends again. I mean I shouldn’t just forget everything you’ve done for me just because of a few incidents.” I told her. She squealed and made her way over to me. She pummeled me in a hug.

 

“Oh JJ I’ve missed you sooo much…I’m so sorry for being a jerk, but I will make it up to you. We can go shopping and I’ll take you to eat where ever you want.” She promised.

 

“C-can’t b-breath,” I muttered. She immediately let me go.

 

“Oh… sorry.” She apologized. I chuckled and waved it off.

 

“Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad that everything is good between us.” I confessed. She smiled and nodded.

 

“Deh… so what’s with you and prince Luhan?” She immediately asked. I couldn’t help but blush at her bluntness.

 

“Nothing… he’s just helping me out with something.” I told her. She smirked at me.

 

“That’s how it starts out… he helps you out, does nice things for you, and bam! He asks you out.” She explained. I shoved her lightly gulping down my water.

 

“Yah that’s not how it’s gonna work out.” I explained to her. She chuckled.

 

“Oh you’re right. I’d rather you end up with Chanyeol.” She stated. My eyebrows furrowed together.

 

“Isn’t it a bit weird that you are pairing me with your former lover?” I interrogated. She wagged her finger in front of my face.

 

“He was never my lover sweety. Plus it could work. Tall boy and short girl, he teases you and you hate him. In the end you two fall in love. That’s a cute scenario too.” She theorized. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

 

“Oh Haemi… you and your fantasies.” I mumbled, walking out of the kitchen.

 

“Yah! Fantasies! They are very reasonable scenarios!... JJ don’t walk away. Let’s eat I’m hungry!” She yelled. I chuckled at my friend’s pleading.

 

Man, it was good to be friends again.


So we can stop hating Haemi... She will soon become an ally ^^