Turning of the Tides

We are Enemies /Haitus/

The next day at school I tried to ignore Chanyeol as much as I could, which wasn’t easy. I had him for almost every class so he continued approaching me.

 

“Jaeri,” Haemi’s voice called out as I gathered some textbooks for class.  I looked up at her with a stern expression.

 

“What,” I answered. She flinched lightly at my tone.

 

“I’m sorry for being so mean to you lately. I just have some stuff going on. Forgive me?” She asked. I pursed my lips together and eyed her carefully.

 

“Sure I guess.” I answered, going back to pack my books. She sighed heavily.

 

“I can see you’re still mad at me. Umm how about I take you out to make it up to you?” She questioned gazing at me hopefully. I put my fingers up to the bridge of my nose.

 

“Look I’ll talk to you later okay? I have some things going on right now.” I told her taking my bag and leaving. Honestly, I was peeved at Haemi about this kiss thing.

 

I mean I know I shouldn’t have any reason to, but I felt peeved.

 

“Jaeri!” his voice called out. I sighed and did my best to quickly walk away. Sadly, the only thing next to me was a stairwell. I shuffled down the stairs as quickly as I could, but Chanyeol’s legs were much longer, meaning he could catch up much quicker. “Jaeri! Are you ignoring me!” His deep voice exclaimed, as he grabs my shoulder. I turned to look at him with the same stern face that I had previously given Haemi.

 

“Chanyeol just leave me alone.” I told him. He frowned but prevented me from leaving.

 

“Look I found out what is wrong with Haemi.” He told me. Just at the mention of her name I didn’t want to hear it.

 

“Great let’s talk about it later.” I told him trying to walk away, but once again he held on to me tightly, not letting me go.

 

“What’s wrong with you? Did I make you mad? We’re friends lets talk about it” He stated with a concerned expression. I sighed and knew how much I was raging inside.

 

“We’re not friends! So stop, stop caring and stop trying to be nice to me. I don’t know what it is you’re trying to get out of me Chanyeol but just stop. Leave me alone,” I enunciated. He looked at me shocked and hurt. I felt an odd pulling at my heart, but I turned and left anyways. I felt bad for what I did to him, but I hate the feeling that he used me to get to Haemi.

 

[In Dance class]

 

We were all learning a whole knew choreography today. Unfortunately that meant we were going to split up in to groups to learn the dance more efficiently.

 

My group was Baekhyun, Haemi, and Chanyeol.

 

Oh boy there goes my luck….

 

I was uncomfortable and unhappy with my group. Baekhyun got the hint right away. Chanyeol and Haemi kept a distance away.

 

“Still upset today?” Baekhyun whispered to me as I was running through the counts. Focusing on dancing helped me get out some emotions.

 

“Ugh lets not talk about it.” I muttered. Then Baekhyun pulled me in to a hug.

 

“Yah, look baby I’m here when you need me.” He assured me. I quickly took in Baekhyun’s scent. Was it possible to smell good even after sweating? If not Baekhyun sure knew the secret.

 

I smiled softly and hugged him back. “I know… I’m just so frustrated and I don’t even know why.” I told him. We both sat down by the mirrors and took a drink of water. Haemi and Chanyeol were individually working on the dance.

 

Bacon poked my sides.

 

“Well… what’s got you so upset sweety?” He wondered. I bit the cap of my water bottle and sighed heavily.

 

“It’s the same thing from yesterday,” I confessed. He patted my head softly.

 

“See that makes me wonder… are you sure you’re mad at him?” Baekhyun asked, referring to Chanyeol. I eyed him curiously.

 

“What do you mean?” I wondered. He smiled at me with an understanding glance.

 

“I mean… are you sure that are mad at him or maybe you’re confusing it with another emotion. Jealousy perhaps? Who knows maybe you actually like him and you’re trying to deny him.” Baekhyun explained. My eyes widened.

 

“Bwo! Me l-like that jerk! Never! I mean why would I even be jealous? No Baekhyun I’m pretty sure this is hatred that I feel.” I explained to him. He chuckled lightly and shrugged.

 

“Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night, but I think I’m right.” He told me, standing up and offering me a hand.

 

“Psh… I think you’re wrong.” I muttered as I grabbed his hand. We stood and started practicing with one another. I continued to think about what Baekhyun said. Although he didn’t help me tons, I did feel calmer after speaking to him.

 

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

 

Me like Chanyeol? I mean what could I possibly like about him? He’s a conceded jerk, that likes to play around with my emotions… yeah that’s it.

 

I was so in to my thoughts and practicing that I didn’t notice class was over.

 

“Yah JJ!” Haemi called at me. I snapped out of my thoughts and stared at her. “Class is over.” She told me. I nodded, grabbed my water bottle and went to change. Before I could get in to the locker room someone held me back.

 

“Meet me on the rooftop after school.” Chanyeol demanded, leaving me there without giving me a chance to say anything.

 

Psh… why would I voluntarily go see that jerk anyways?

 

I said that then but when it came around lunch time I couldn’t bring myself to ditch the guy. I kept picturing him sitting up there alone waiting for me. In the end I guilt tripped myself in to going.

 

Once I was up there Chanyeol waited for me. He wore a stern expression. The wind blew his curly locks lightly and the way the sun hit his figure made him look elegant.

 

“Hey I’m here.” I told him catching his attention. He faced me with a colder expression than what he previously wore.

 

“Look I want to tell you what I found out about Haemi and I want to tell you what I want in return.” He told me. I sighed heavily feeling an uncomfortable sensation at the bottom of my stomach.

 

“Fine, I’m listening.” I answered.

 

Somehow, I knew from here on out things were going to change.


Muhahahahahaha so I know what i'm going to do and it will be EVIL! XP >.> as you can tell they are turning in to enemes er well sorta enemies so I hope you guys can look out for what is going to happen next! ^^ thanks for all the wonderful feedback! i love you guys! <3 you wonderful people are awesome! Until next time pyong!~