Bacon's Birthday pt.1

We are Enemies /Haitus/

Today we were going to hang out at Baekhyun’s just like he wanted. I was the first to arrive and with the cake nicely packed.

 

“Ah my lovely Jaeri has come! All my wishes have come true!” he winked at me as he let me in to his home. I laughed at his greasiness.

 

“Ah you heart clogging bacon. You want to see your birthday cake?” I questioned. He nodded excitedly. The cake was cleanly iced with plain white frosting. The top of the cake was doused in strawberries and topped off with a little bit of white chocolate. It was simple but it was definitely going to be tasty.

 

“Uwa… this cake looks great!” Baekhyun exclaimed. I smiled feeling a bit accomplished.

 

“Believe  it or not I made it together with Chanyeol. Haemi tried and failed so it ended up being me and Chanyeol.” I told him. He stared at me wide eyed.

 

“Seriously? Wow… I feel the love in this cake. If two enemies can make such a beautiful cake, then I am lucky to receive it. Thanks Jaeri.” He said, hugging me. I hugged him back tightly.

 

“Well what is the plan?” I wondered as I noticed his house didn’t seem very festive. He shrugged.

 

“It’s nothing much. I was going to order some pizza we could watch a movie and then have cake.” He said.

 

“It sounds great to me.” I assured him. Soon enough Luhan and Chanyeol arrived. Even Haemi came! I don’t know if I considered that good thing, but I’m sure she was going to be on her best behavior since this was for Baekhyun’s birthday.

 

The guys hurriedly gave Baekhyun their gifts and as Luhan was chatting away with Baekhyun, Chanyeol made his way towards me.

 

“Hey,” He greeted.

 

“Hey.” I replied, as I sat comfortably on Baekhyun’s couch.

 

“So I thought I could find out what’s wrong with Haemi today.” He told me. My eyebrows furrowed together.

 

“I’m not sure that’s a good idea. I mean what if she gets mad or something? It will ruin Baekhyun’s birthday.” I reasoned with him. Chanyeol shook his head.

 

“I’ll just approach her when no one is looking. Plus, today is Baekhyun’s day I doubt she would really make a scene for the four of us.” He answered. I shrugged.

 

“Just make sure it doesn’t get out of hand.” I muttered, knowing I couldn’t convince Chanyeol out of doing anything.

 

“Alright, wish me luck.” He said as he saw Haemi sitting quietly on the other end of the room. I took this opportunity to go greet Luhan.

 

I walked next to Baekhyun and shyly waved from beside him. I didn’t know what Baekhyun and him were talking about, but it felt rude just to in and say ‘hi’ out of the blue.

 

“Hi Jaeri.” He greeted. I smiled at him.

 

“Hi,” I answered. Baekhyun laughed.

 

“Mind helping me set up plates and cups?” Luhan asked. I shrugged.

 

“We can’t leave Baekhyun here alone.” I commented. Baekhyun put his hands up in a defensive manner.

 

“It’s so sweet you consider me lovely, but I have to set up the DVD player. It would help me if you guys could do that.” He responded.

 

“I guess in that case. Let’s get ready for a movie.” I said walking towards his kitchen.

 

“Oh and I already ordered the pizza so if the door bell rings you guys can get it. It’s already paid for so you don’t have to worry about that.” Baekhyun told us. Luhan saluted him in a cute manner. I involuntarily giggled.

 

When we got to the kitchen Luhan and I were in sync. I pulled out the cups and he put the ice in them. I took out the plates, he had the silverware ready.

 

“So I saw the cake you made,” He noticed starting a conversation. I smiled happily.

 

“Yeah, what did you think?” I questioned, honestly wanting to know what he thought. He shot me a cheesy smile.

 

“Are you sure you didn’t buy that cake? It looks too good to be home made.” He answered. I checked him with my hip, a smile still stupidly plastered on my face.

 

“Yah, I made it! Are you questioning my honesty?” I shot at him playfully. He smiled brightly in my direction.

 

“Actually such an amazing cake could only come from an equally amazing person.” He told me. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks and my heart beat go ragged. Once again Luhan had this effect on me.

 

We stood staring at each other for what seemed like forever. The door finally interrupted this tense moment.

 

“I’ll get it.” Luhan interrupted. I nodded. “Umm you should find Chanyeol and Haemi.” He suggested. Again all I could do was nod and I left as quickly as I could.

 

As I tried to find Chanyeol I attempted to regain consciousness. I walked and walked and when I finally them, I stood shocked unable to approach them.

 

Unlike the heart numbing feeling I had prior to this, my heart stopped.

 

What is this!


Sorry sorry sorry sorry! T.T OTL I haven't updated recently. I've had extreme writers block and I don't want to make this story bad... T.T but anyways i have an idea so i'm going to roll with it ^^ i'll try to double post but we'll see how everything unfolds ^^:

 

THANKS TO NEW SUBBIES <3  i've had a small spike and i'd like to say thanks!

Also thanks to ALL my commentees! Even if you only commented once you people are the reason I keep trying to write <3 I hope i'm not letting you lovely people down! Please look forward to another update <3 Pyong!~