We are family

We are Enemies /Haitus/

So as many of you guys have noticed I marked this as a haitus. I will finish it and update it just obviously not with huge frequency. ^^: sorry, It seems I always let you guys down with all of this. But I am true to my word!


I walked in to my house and Shinwoo stood there smirking at me.

 

“Are you still going to tell me that he isn’t your boyfriend?” He questioned, staring at me. I sighed and slapped my forehead.

 

“I just went with him to buy those dresses that you wanted me to buy,” I answered. Shinwoo chuckled and shook his head.

 

“Nope, he’s your boyfriend. Why are you trying to lie to me JJ?” He questioned. I sighed heavily and shook my head. I could feel my cheeks starting to heat up.

 

“Whatever… think what you want, I need to call Luhan.” I muttered, walking over my room.

 

“Oh so Luhan’s your boyfriend then!” He yelled. I groaned but had to answer him.

 

“No, Shinwoo, he’s not!” I replied. Shinwoo only chuckled in response.

 

“Well you did go to him for help… maybe it is Luhan.” He teased. I bit my lip and turned to go to my room.

 

It’s not either one of them silly…

 

I laid on my bed and grabbed my phone to call Luhan.

 

“Jaeri?” He answered, sounding unsure of himself.

 

“Hey Luhan… umm so I wanted to talk to you.” I told him, smacking my forehead again.

 

Of course I wanted to talk to him… that’s why I called I thought feeling dumb.

 

“Yeah, so what exactly are you planning to do?” He asked. I sighed and gathered my thoughts enough to tell him.

 

“Well… Im thankful for all you’ve done to me, but I need to come clean with our friends. Like I’m scared that they will find out and I’ll lose them for lying.” I explained. We stayed on the line but it was silent for a while. I assumed Luhan felt a little betrayed. This was our little secret and now I just wanted to let it go.

 

“I…understand. That’s fine. Can we at least be there together when you tell them?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, I can’t think of any better way to do it.” I replied. He chuckled lightly.

 

“Alright well I’ll see you at dinner in a little bit.” He told me. I smiled and responded.

 

“Yeah… and thanks for understanding Luhan.”

 

“It’s no problem. I’ll always be there for you.” He said. I hung up the phone and just laid on my bed letting it all sink in.

 

“So, that’s what’s going on?” I heard a voice call from behind me. I turned and saw Shinwoo standing there facing me with a serious expression.

 

“You’re lying to you friends? And here I thought that you were dating one of these guys and keeping it from me. Turns out you’re keeping me from them... All of your friends, except Luhan, didn’t know you might’ve had to move back with me right?” He explained. I pouted at him and nodded.

 

“I’m sorry Shinwoo… I’m sorry I didn’t confide in you. I’m sorry you had to find out from our parents that I asked Luhan to help me stay. In all honesty, I had no idea that they would even know mom and dad. I just… rather stay here. I know I will be alone, but at least here I’m alone with my friends and places that I know.” I explained to him. He sat down next to me and patted my head.

 

“Hey Jae… it’s okay. I know you feel like you have to be independent because we are half siblings and you aren’t connected to the family business. Still Jae, we are family. I am your brother. I never once thought of you as anything less than my sister. Now, when I got here I said I was going to help you figure something out. I wanted to, but you beat me to it. But what I want to say is, I don’t want you to feel so alone anymore. We are family, Jae. Even though we aren’t here you can always count on us or call us for anything.” He told me. I bit my lip to try to stop tears from falling down my face. I went over to him and hugged his waist.

 

“Thanks Shinwoo…” I replied. He patted my head and sighed.

 

“There’s something else, Jae.” He told me. I looked up at him in curiousity. “I leave tomorrow morning. Some things came up in the office and I have to go back.” He explained. I nodded and laid my head on his shoulder.

 

“It is okay, you’re going to come back. Just do what you need to do.” I responded. He chuckled and hugged me.

 

“Well… get ready for dinner. We have to go meet the Lu’s soon.” He said. I smiled and nodded.

 

Maybe things weren’t going to be so bad after all?

I got ready for dinner with a brighter outlook on my situation. Things were definitely starting to look better.