Dates?

We are Enemies /Haitus/

[At the Parlor]

 

“So what would you like? It’s my treat!” Luhan exclaimed. I couldn’t help but look though the glass like a child. There were so many flavors.

 

“Umm couples get discounted ice cream.” A worker informed us. I wanted to say we weren’t a couple but Luhan beat me to it.

 

“Thanks we’ll definitely be doing that.” He responded. Then he leaned down so his grazed my ear.

 

“Let’s just pretend. Araso?” He whispered. I nodded unconsciously suddenly forgetting that I was looking for ice cream.

 

After we got our ice cream, we sat down at a table. It was the same parlor that we went to after bowling. I was still quite surprised after the couple thing.

 

“So do you have any plans?” Luhan suddenly asked. I snapped out of my daze to remember the initial reason we were here.

 

“Umm no… my brother just said that there had to be something I could give him to convince my parents that I wouldn’t be so lonely.” I told him. He nodded his head up and down while playing with a spoonful of ice cream.

 

“Well what if my family takes care of you? You know I could tell my family and they could look after you to reassure your family?” He suggested. I almost choked on the ice cream in my mouth.

 

“I-I couldn’t ask you to do that. That is putting too much of a burden on you and your family.” I confessed, feeling a huge weight on my heart.

 

“Well how about Haemi? She’s your neighbor right? Her family could help reassure your family?” he suggested. I remembered her family’s situation and shook my head.

 

“No, that’s not a good idea.” I sighed. Then Luhan faced me with a gaze of concern. “Let’s just say Haemi and I aren’t so close right now.” I responded. He frowned.

 

“Let me help you Jaeri. You know we can go talk to my mom and she could help.” He suggested, eyeing me with a pleading gaze. I sighed knowing that there wasn’t much I could do. I wanted to avoid causing trouble for other people but Luhan kept insisting.

 

“Fine… but if your parents find it too troublesome I’m not going to insist.” I told him. He smiled and nodded.

 

“That’s all I ask.” He assured me. I bit my lip nervously. I would love for this to work out but I wasn’t convinced that his parents were going to be so open to cover for some random girl.


I mean how many parents would say ‘oh yes I’ll help your friend stay here by telling her parents we will look after her.’

 

I frowned and ate my ice cream. Luhan read my face easily.

 

“Don’t worry. My mom is a really nice lady. Plus it’s not like you’ll be living with us. My parents will just make sure you’re doing fine.” He assured me. I smiled and nodded.

 

“I just… don’t want to be a burden.” I mumbled. Luhan wagged a finger in front of me.

 

“You’re not a burden. It’s just an option. Plus, this is what friends do for one another. We care about each other.” He told me. I found some comfort in his words. I was happy that he would go through so much for me.

 

“You’re too good of a friend.” I commented getting up from my seat to hug him. He chuckled.

 

“Thanks, remember these moments if you ever get mad at me.” He told me. I nodded chuckling lightly. However, before anything else could be done, I felt a rough tug to the opposite side of me. I swerved around and was face to face with a seemingly irritated Chanyeol. I gulped my saliva.

 

“Hey Channie, you came by to get some ice cream?” Luhan spoke. I silently thanked him for cutting through this awkward moment.

 

“Yeah… conveniently.” He replied shortly, still glaring at me.

 

“Well… I should get going…” I drifted off turning around to face Luhan. He nodded with an eye smile.

 

“I can walk you if you want.” He suggested. I shook my head vigorously.

 

“No, it’s fine really. You’re already doing so much for me. Just umm… let me know about you know the plan.” I told him showing my phone. It was an indirect way of saying ‘message me’ or ‘call me’

 

“Okay that’s fine.” He replied. I waved at him and dodged Chanyeol. He was standing there the whole time. I grabbed my stuff and hurriedly headed towards the door.

 

My escape, however, was to no avail. Soon when I thought the coast was clear, Chanyeol caught up with me.

 

“So the important thing you had to deal with that Luhan?” He questioned right next to me. My heart almost jumped out of my chest.

 

“Gah, don’t do that to me.” I scolded holding on to my chest. Chanyeol wasn’t playing around though.

 

“Seriously? You ditched me for Luhan!” he exclaimed. I could hear some anger radiating off of his voice.

 

“No I didn’t ditch you for Luhan. I had something important to do with him.” I answered. He frowned.

 

“Eating ice cream is considered important?” He shot back. I glared at him.

 

“It wasn’t about the ice cream. It was about what we were talking about. Plus, what does it matter to you? So what if I went to get some ice cream with him?” I replied curious as to where his fury came from.

 

“Because… I wanted to spend time with you today.” He confessed. I felt my heart soften at the gesture.

 

“I’m sorry… but this was important!” I assured him. He shrugged at me and looked down.

 

“Whatever…I hope you two enjoyed your date.” He responded turning around to a walk away. Again I felt a wave of guilt wash over me.

 

“It wasn’t a date!” I yelled after him. He turned to face me with a curious expression. I was glad that he at least stopped to listen. “I’m having some problems and Luhan was offering me a solution. I mean… I know you don’t care or anything. I just thought you should know that.” I continued, feeling the guilt slowly melt away.

 

“You’re right… I don’t care.” He smirked slightly. Then he crossed his arms over his chest. “You still owe me big. I mean you going on a ‘date’. Don’t think I’m going to let you off easy.” He added. My eyes widened feeling the tables starting to turn. I felt my stomach churning.

 

What is he planning?

 

“Aish… really… I mean can’t you tell me later on?” I pleaded, suddenly feeling the need to run away.

 

“Nope… I’m going to tell you now.” He demanded. I sighed. The feeling of the atmosphere sure changed quickly.

 

“Araso, just tell me what you want.” I demanded, looking down at my feet awaiting my fate.

 

“Go on a date with me.” He insisted. At the moment my heart stopped beating.

 

Did I hear that right?

 

“Bwo?” I yelled, feeling that was the only thing I was capable of doing at the moment.


Who expected that? XP i like curveballs ^^ it's fun for me! Thanks to all who commented. I love all of you sweethearts! Also thanks to all those that read... silently. I love you guys too... *gives secret love boxes* Until next time ^^ Pyong!~