Hindrances

We are Enemies /Haitus/

[That weekend]

 

I woke up drowsily to the sound of my doorbell ringing repeatedly.

 

Aish… I liked it better when no one knew where I lived. I would sleep longer.

 

I got up rubbed my eyes and headed down to open the door.

 

“Umm too early?” Chanyeol questioned me looking at me up and down. I would sleep in running shirts and an oversized t-shirt. I was not ashamed of it. I know it would be more “acceptable” if a girl slept in a night gown or something like that, but I always got my brother’s hand me downs and girly night gowns were not part of the package.

 

“I’m sleepy.” I told him as I shuffled towards the bathroom. I swore I heard him chuckle. I quickly wash my face and changed. I found him in my kitchen snacking away at an apple.

 

“You sure make yourself comfortable easily huh?” I questioned. He smiled and nodded.

 

“I meant it when I said we should try to be friends.” He reminded me. I bit my lip trying to avoid answering.

 

“Lets just go get everything we need.” I told him heading towards the door. He followed along.

 

“So does this mean that for my birthday you’re going to make me a cake?” He asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I hit his shoulder playfully.

 

“Why would you want a cake from me? I know for a fact there are billions of girls that will give you gifts.” I told him. He shrugged at me.

 

“It will mean more to me coming from you.” He confessed, turning to look at me with a sincere expression on his face. I avoided his gaze fearing he could hear my irregular heart beat.

 

“Umm well we are here!” I exclaimed arriving at the store.

 

“So what would you like me to do boss?” He questioned. I was still recovering from the earlier incident so I was trying to think up something that could let me shop for ingredients in peace.

 

“Um… well you’re friends with Bacon too… can you get a bunch of fruits he would like?” I questioned. He nodded cheerfully.

 

“Anything else?” He questioned. I shook my head.

 

“Let’s just meet up at the register. I’m sure of where to get everything else.” I told him. He nodded and went on his way. I took a deep breath of relief.

 

It’s so weird being here with Chanyeol.

 

I easily found all the ingredients I needed. The last thing I needed was the flour. I looked up and saw it on the top shelf. I stood on my tiptoes and the flour only brushed against my fingers.

 

Gah… why do I have to be so short?

 

I tried again to no avail. I looked around to see if there was something I could stand on, but there was no such luck. I tried one again, but this time an arm came reaching above mine.

 

“Here you go.” A familiar voice said. I looked up and saw Chanyeol smiling at me brightly.

 

“T-thanks,” I replied. Then he grabbed the basket out of my arms and pulled me toward the register. His hand was wrapped securely around my wrist. My whole body tingled at our skin touching.

 

What is going on with me? I wondered

 

I didn’t have much time to think about it because soon I saw Haemi appear out of no where.

 

“Hey Jaeri! Chanyeol what are you guys up to?” She asked as she walked up to us.

 

“Umm going to bake that cake I told you about remember?” I reminded her. We were loading out things to be paid.

 

“Oh yeah… mind if I join you guys? I came to get a snack but I’d rather hang out with you guys.” I really didn’t want to agree, I wanted to say no, but that wasn’t what came out of my mouth.

 

“Sure,” I replied shortly. Knowing full well that Haemi didn’t cook and the reason she would volunteer to bake something was because there was something in it for her. Then I remembered, Chanyeol.

 

I turned and found her with her arm wrapped around one of his. He didn’t seem very interested, but for some reason I felt my blood boil.

 

Stupid Haemi… why the hell would you go through all this trouble to flirt with Chanyeol…

 

I quietly paid for out things and we headed back.

 

This was going to be interesting.


Gahh sorry i haven't been updating... I have writers block T.T I want this to progress but I'm having a hard time figuring it out T.T sorry i hope you all understand <3