Competing

We are Enemies /Haitus/

I thought i should apologize up here.... sorry guys. T-T I announced my hiatus on my profile but I didn't make a chapter post about it. I don't like making chapters just for notes... i feel it's decieving ^^; but anyways i hope this kinda makes up for it. ^^; i'll try to double post today since I haven't posted in so long ^^;


I cautiously made my way to where Chanyeol wanted to meet me. He stood there with a huge grin on his face.

 

“What are you smiling about?” I muttered. He shrugged.

 

“Do I need a reason?” He questioned. I sighed and followed him as he left the school grounds. I didn’t know what we were going to do or where we were going.

 

“Where are we going?” I questioned. He continued to walk calmly.

 

“My parents want me to cook dinner tonight. I figured you could do it.” He told me. I groaned.

 

“Are you serious?” I questioned. He nodded simply. I sighed and walked along side him. I don’t know why but since I knew there wasn’t any other way to vent. The child in me came out. I bumped him with my hip and he shuffled to the side.

 

“Yah!” he exclaimed. I looked at him innocently.

 

“Ne?” I replied. He sighed and returned to walk next to me. Then, once again, I shoved him over. I looked over at him and I saw a smirk appear on his face. He returned again, but bumped me this time. I stumbled over much more considering I wasn’t expecting him to do anything. I glared at him and soon this became a game between the two of us.

 

Punk… I thought playfully.

 

Then as he was going to bump me for the millionth time, I tripped over my foot. I expected to fall but then I crashed in to someone. I looked up and saw Chanyeol. He had quicker reflexes than what I had realized.

 

My heart was thumping hard. I didn’t know if it was because of the shock of trying to catch myself, or because of Chanyeol. I vouched for the former.

 

“You okay?” Chanyeol wondered. I pulled out of his embrace and nodded. I noticed we were right by the store and decided to get out of this situation as soon as possible.

 

“Kaja,” I told him quickly going in to the store. We were a bit more awkward than what we were before. We quietly look for ingredients, but soon I was found in a similar situation.

 

“Geez why is there always something I need on the top shelf?” I thought out loud wondering how I was going to get it down. I looked both ways to see if Chanyeol was secretly stalking me just for this moment.

 

Call me paranoid but after the whole scene out in the street I didn’t want to get caught up in another one of those moments.

 

Urgh how am I going to get to the top shelf? I wondered. I stood on my toes and tried to reach for the dressing we needed. As expected, I definitely fell short from grabbing it. I looked for something to tip it towards me, but I had no luck. So once again I tried to reach it. I failed though, I obviously couldn’t reach it. Then I heard a chuckle from behind me.

 

“Need help?” a familiar voice asked. I turned and saw princely Luhan.

 

“Um… yes,” I replied, feeling embarrassed. How long had he been there for? How much of my struggle did he witness?

 

Now don’t get me wrong, Luhan is no where near as tall as Chanyeol, but he was definitely taller than me. He grabbed the dressing with much more ease than I did.

 

“Here you go,” he chanted. I shot him a grateful glance.

 

“Thanks Luhan.” I thanked him.

 

“So what brings you here?” Luhan wondered. I bit my lip thinking about what to tell him.

 

I can’t say ‘oh well I’m Chanyeol’s new assistant and I’m forced to make dinner for his family tonight’

 

“Um well—,” I started and soon I felt an arm around my shoulder. I turned and saw Chanyeol gazing at Luhan with a goofy grin.

 

“I invited her over to dinner. We just needed a few things.” Chanyeol spoke. Luhan looked surprised.

 

“Oh wow, I didn’t know that you two were that close.” He commented. Chanyeol nodded cheerfully.

 

“Yeah we are pretty close.” Chanyeol commented, pulling me closer to him. I looked back and forth between the two and I got the feeling there was something between these two. I felt awkward.

 

“Well I hope you two have a nice dinner. Maybe I’ll call you later tonight, Jaeri?” He questioned. I nodded in agreement. I almost forgot that I had given him my number.

 

“Yeah that is fine.” I responded. He smiled at the both of us and waved.

 

“Well I will see you two around.” He said. We waved but soon after Chanyeol scoffed.

 

“Pff, he’s going to call you.” He commented letting me go and walking away. I rolled my eyes.

 

“You’re just jealous,” I muttered to myself. Soon I was off with a seemingly irritated Chanyeol all to his house.

 

[A Bit Earlier with Chanyeol]

 

I skipped around the aisles. I thought about all the things I could do to impress Jaeri. Saving her from falling sure seemed to help, even if I didn’t plan it. I picked up a cucumber and started imagining.

 

“Maybe I can impress her with my knifing skills this time. Unlike last time…” I thought, bagging the cucumber.

 

‘Wow Chanyeol your knifing skills are so impressive’ She would say. I grinned thinking about it

 

I then, scrunched my nose and shook my head.

 

“Aniya she would scold me or something,” I told myself. This occurred a couple times. I thought maybe there would be some way I could get her to look at me differently.

 

As soon as I got everything I needed, I proceeded to look for her. I searched down the aisle hoping that maybe I could help her with something. I eyed her reaching a bottle of dressing. It was too high for her.

 

Oh shorty you’re so cute when you do that. I thought as she tip toed to try and reach the bottle. Just as I thought I would go help her I saw another familiar face approching her.

 

Luhan. I gritted my teeth as she smiled at him and he got the bottle down for her.

 

Psh… I could have gotten that for her too…

 

They started chatting a bit, but I decided I wasn’t going to give him the chance to flirt with her. I approached Jaeri and put my arm around her.

 

Sorry bro, but she is with me.

 

Luckily I heard him ask her why she was here. I was more than happy to answer his question. Then he went on talking about calling her.

 

Urgh… I don’t even have her number.

 

He left and waved. I waved out of courtesy, but inside I was thinking how I could get her number.

 

Aish Chanyeol… just when you solve one thing you need to solve something else.


So yess was this cute enough? Was this good enough? I hope the answer is yes. I feel like i've let a few of you guys down. OTL forgive me really. Life happens I hope you all understand >.< Mianhe please look out for another chapter and please do comment and let me know what you think. ^^