Getting Caught?

We are Enemies /Haitus/

 

[With Jaeri]

 

We arrived at the ice cream shop and I was immediately eyeing all of the flavors. I could hear Luhan faintly chuckle behind me. I glanced at him feeling embarrassed.

 

“Sorry… I love ice cream,” I muttered. The more time passed the more I felt that I was embarrassing myself.

 

“Don’t worry about it Jaeri… it’s cute.” He commented. I felt myself blush even more. So, I went back to looking at the ice cream hoping Luhan didn’t see my face. I heard the ringing of the door opening, but I didn’t turn to look. However what did catch my attention was a female’s voice.

 

“So Chanyeol is this where you always come get ice cream?” She asked. My eyes widened and I froze up.

 

To look back to no look back…. What do I do?

Then I wondered, where’s Luhan?

 

I didn’t dare look anywhere else but forward. How exactly was I going to explain to Chanyeol that I was getting ice cream with Luhan with out him thinking that I blew him off. I heard a voice whisper next to me.

 

“Chanyeol is here… let’s just play this one off. Head off towards one of tables and we’ll just pretend that we all met here by coincidence. ” Luhan told me. I gulped and nodded lightly. My heart was beating so rapidly, I could feel the adrenaline surge through me. I questioned why I felt so nervous, but my mind wasn’t in the right state to analyze my feelings.

 

I quickly made my way towards an empty table and tried to slow my heart rate. Luckily, Chanyeol was so immersed in choosing a flavor that he didn’t notice me at all. I took this time to look at him and the girl he was with. She was beautiful and I could see her being the envy of many. Her eyes were big, hair long, lips plump, and amazing figure. Then, I began to question: who is she? And what was she doing with Chanyeol.

 

I shook it off and started gazing outside.

 

Now is not the time to do this…

 

“Jaeri! What are you doing here?” Luhan questioned loudly, catching Chanyeol’s attention. Luhan walked out from the further end of the shop, pretending to take a look at their menu.

 

“Jaeri? Luhan? What are you guys doing here?” Chanyeol questioned. I looked over pretending to be surprised and shrugged.

 

“I just wanted some ice cream… I guess we all wanted some at the same time.” I stated, looking at the both of them.

 

“Well, I just had a nice dinner with my parents and ice cream sounded good.” Luhan lied. I nodded as if I heard this for the first time.

 

“My grandma came to visit and she suggested I take Hayoung here for some ice cream.” Chanyeol explained frantically. I almost got the feeling that he was trying to make sure we didn’t get the wrong impression. The only problem was I didn’t know what the right impression should have been.

 

Seriously… Luhan and I should get gold medals in lying.

 

“Hayoung? Umm we are Chanyeol’s friends. I’m Luhan.” Luhan introduced.

 

“I’m Jaeri, it’s nice to meet you.” I told her. She nodded and smiled at us.

 

“Nice to meet you too! I’m Chanyeol’s childhood best friend.” She stated.

 

Really? Chanyeol’s childhood best friend? Those two could have been some sort of golden couple it seems like. She’s cute and petite and he’s tall and handsome. It seems like some sort of drama to be honest.

 

“Well let’s get some ice cream!” Luhan exclaimed. I shook my head suddenly losing my appetite for the sweet treat. Luhan raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything.

 

“You guys go ahead. I’ll be there in a second.” I told them. All three of them walked always and I stared out of the window and caught my breath.

 

That was a close one. I leaned my head against the window and sighed. How long will I really be able to keep these things up?

 

“You okay?” a deep voice called to me. I looked up and saw Chanyeol gazing at me. I nodded slowly.

 

“Yeah… I’m okay. It’s been a long day.” I explained. He nodded and offered a hand.

 

“C’mon let’s get some ice cream and make it better.” He suggested. I nodded and grabbed his hand. However, as I stood up I expect him to let go of my hand, but he didn’t. I felt my face heat up and out of embarrassment I tugged at my hand.

 

Flustered, Chanyeol let go and rubbed his neck.

 

“Gosh shorty you’re so indecisive. You would think you would have already chosen some ice cream by now?” He shot at me. I scoffed and walked away.


What should I think about all of this? 



 

So, I'm thankful to anyone who's still following. I know i suddenly went awol and just never came back, but i've had a really horrible year or so... anyways I'm on a mission to keep writing so everyone please keep a look out! <3