Second thoughts

We are Enemies /Haitus/

We all sat down together to have ice cream. I contemplated if all the lying was really worth not leaving Korea. I’m scared of hurting the only people I’m really close to. As much as I hate to admit it, that also includes Chanyeol.

 

I looked over at Hayoung, she seemed nice, though I can’t say that I’ve actually tried to communicate with the girl.

 

Luhan nudged me slightly, looking at me worriedly.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked. I shrugged.

 

“I’ll tell you about it later.” I told him. Then Hayoung perked up.

 

“Are you two dating?” She questioned boldly. My eyes shot wide and Luhan looked away from me.

 

“It’s not like that…” I muttered. She smiled and rubbed the back of her neck.

 

“Sorry, I mean… I just thought you two look kind of cute together.” She confessed, semi apologizing. “Don’t you think so Channie?” She questioned turning back to look at him. I twitched at the sound of her calling him Channie. Chanyeol eyed us both and shook his head.

 

“Nope, shorty doesn’t look good with anyone,” He commented, his expression seemingly serious.

 

“Channie, that’s so mean!,” Hayoung commented. I felt a twitch again as the name Channie escaped her lips.

 

They are seriously too chummy for my liking. I thought.

 

“It’s not mean. You asked my opinion and I gave it to you. What’s so mean about that?” He shot back at her. From the expression on Hayoung’s face you could tell she didn’t expect him to react that way. Then I felt like it was my turn to step in.

 

“Chanyeol, quit being rude. I’m used to it, but there’s no reason for you to spread your venom to everyone. I will take the hit for humanity.” I defended. He surprisingly chuckled at my comment.

 

“Is little Jaeri getting jealous?” He teased. I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

 

“No, I just feel bad for her having to deal with you.” I muttered and looked away.

 

It might be a little jealousy too, but I’m definitely not telling him that.

 

He chuckled and shrugged. “Well in that case, sorry Hayoung if I was being rude. Sometimes I don’t realize how mean I sound” he apologized. I was surprised for one reason.

 

He actually apologized to her. In the years that I have known Chanyeol, he has done many evil things and said many awful things to me, but he has never REALLY apologized for it. I shook it off and looked back at my ice cream.

 

“I don’t want this anymore. Do you want this Luhan?” I asked, losing my appetite after everything. He looked at me oddly, and Chanyeol turned to do the same.

 

“You never turn down ice cream. Are you sure you’re okay?” Luhan asked, with some concern in his expression. I sighed and nodded.

 

“I just don’t feel like ice cream. We come here a lot anyways.” I muttered. Chanyeol kept his eyes fixed on me but he never said anything. At this point I honestly, wanted to go home and call it a day.

 

Too many feelings and too much lying for one day, I think it’s time that I give it a break.

 

“Hey guys, I’m going to head home. Does that sound alright?” I asked, suddenly feeling the need to be alone to clear my thoughts.

 

“I’ll take you home.” Luhan offered. I shook my head against it.

 

“I just want to be alone for a bit. Is that alright?” He questioned. He bit his lip nervously, I could tell he was debating on what he should do.

 

“Jaeri are you dumb. It’s late, let him take you home.” Chanyeol exclaimed. I shook my head.

 

“I’ll be fine… it was nice meeting you.” I told Hayoung. She nodded and smiled.

 

“Like wise.” She responded. I got up and left before anyone could do or say anything else.

 

I put my headphones on and walked home. At first I was just listening to my music and then I started jamming with it. I added danced moves and before I knew it, I forgot that I was supposed to be walking home. The only thing that got me out of my trance was the fact that I ran in to someone.

 

“Oh, sorry!” I called out instinctively. I turned to look at who I ran in to. It was a young guy, caramel colored skin, and perfectly shiny dark hair. He was handsome.

 

Just like most guys I run in to it seems…

 

“It’s okay… nice moves you had there.” He commented. I looked down embarrassedly.

 

“Thanks.” I replied getting ready to walk away, but he grabbed my arm before I got too far.

 

“Want to dance?” He asked. I looked at him questionably. He didn’t seem like a creeper and didn’t look like he was a bad guy.

 

Well… I’m stressed out anyways… why not?

 

“Sure,” I responded. He smiled and showed me the way. “What’s your name by the way?”

 

“Kai,” He responded.

 

I hope this will make this giant cloud of guilt go away.


Slowly but surely I am getting there! Please keep anticipating something!~ ^^