What a date

We are Enemies /Haitus/

I'm going to try and work on this more often. ^^. So here's another update


We both turned to see who called. Surprisingly enough we turned to see a smiling Hayoung.

 

“Oh Jaeri you’re here too?” She questioned, as she approached us. I nodded and waved at her.

 

“It’s nice to see you again.” I responded, feeling sort of awkward, considering that I was standing in front of Chanyeol trying to get his opinion on a dress.

 

“um…um.. Hi Hayoung.” Chanyeol finally said, after being silent the whole time.

 

“Hi Channie,” she greeted, “Are you and Jaeri up to something?” She asked him. Chanyeol nodded but I responded.

 

“Chanyeol was helping me choose out some dresses.” I added, still feeling awkward.

 

“Oh great! Do you mind if I join? Halmoni wanted me to come buy a new dress for a party we are having soon.” She said, turning back and forth to face the both of us.

 

“Uhh sure…,”I replied, since Chanyeol turned to look at me for an answer. I bit my lip and turned to go back towards the fitting room. Suddenly I didn’t want to go out and show Chanyeol my dresses. So, I just tried a few on by myself and made my exit.

 

Chanyeol was happily giving his opinion to Hayoung and they were joking around with each other. I just felt, out of place.

 

“Oh Jaeri you didn’t try on any of the other dresses?” Hayoung asked, noticing that I left the fitting room.

 

“I did, I just know that these are the styles I want to get.” I told her, lying through my teeth. She nodded and turned to look at Chanyeol.

 

“Well since you like this one the best, I will get this one.” She told him. He nodded and she excused herself back in to the rooms.

 

“Why didn’t you show me your dresses?” Chanyeol asked as soon as she left. I shrugged.

 

“You didn’t comment on the first one. Why keep coming out?” I reasoned, knowing that wasn’t the only reason I didn’t show him.

 

“Well… you looked beautiful in the first one.” He admitted, looking away from me. My heart squeezed at the compliment but I brushed it off.

 

I wonder if he said that same thing to Hayoung.

 

“Well I’m going to go buy these.” I told him getting up and going towards the register. I expected him to sit and wait for Hayoung, but he followed me to the register. “Weren’t you going to wait for Hayoung?” I asked, placing the dresses on the counter. He shrugged at me.

 

“Well I came here with you didn’t I?” He replied. I smiled but turned away so that he wouldn’t see it. Just as I was going to pay, Hayoung caught up with us.

 

“So are you guys going to do anything after this?” She asked. I didn’t want to reply. I didn’t want to be rude, but I didn’t exactly want to spend time with her.

 

“Umm we were going to walk around some.” Chanyeol answered. I grabbed my bag and turned to face the two.

 

“Well I will just join you guys,” She said. I mentally sighed and turned to look at Chanyeol. He had an indifferent expression on. From then on out things sort of dulled out. Hayoung was a talking box the whole time. Neither one of us really said much. Of course Chanyeol conversed a lot more with her than I did, but then again he did know her.

 

As we scanned a few stores I wondered, how I could get myself out of this. Surprisingly, I still wanted to spend time with Chanyeol, but it was awkward with Hayoung. Then just like a prayer was being answered, I received a message from Luhan.

 

What exactly are you going to do?

Can we at least talk about this before

Dinner tonight?

 

I bit my lip deciding what to do. I looked over at Chanyeol and Hayoung who were chatting away.

 

This is a cheap shot but I could leave… I just wish I didn’t have to leave Chanyeol with Hayoung. I smacked my forehead and suddenly got both of their attention.

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked. I sighed.

 

“I have to go actually…” I admitted.

 

“Okay, well lets go.” He suggested. My eyes widened in surprises.

 

“Do you really have to go oppa? I wanted to find a gift for Halmoni.” She suggested. I almost wanted to say ‘no he said we are leaving.’ but I was in no place to in.

 

“Well Jaemi’s brother is really strict so I should really take her home.” He lied. I bit my lip in order to hide my shock.

 

“Okay, well maybe next time.” She muttered. She said her goodbyes and we walked away. When we were far enough away from the mall I couldn’t help but wonder why Chanyeol lied to her.

 

“So… did you really want to get away from Hayoung that bad?” I questioned, despite the fact that I wasn’t too upset he came with me.

 

“Well I mean she kind of destroyed our date. I mean, I didn’t go to get to know Hayoung. I wanted to spend time with you.” He blurted out. I turned to face him and smiled.

 

“You’re a dork, Chanyeol.” I responded. He hip checked me and stuck his tongue out at me.

 

“Only for you shorty,” He replied. I chuckled and we had a nice chat.

 

I really like being with Chanyeol like this…

 

[In front of the House]

 

“Thanks for walking me Chanyeol.” I thanked him. He smiled brightly at me and shrugged.

 

“It’s nothing, I mean I did force you to come on this date with me.” He replied. I nodded taking a look at the bag of dresses I bought.

 

“Yeah you did… but it was fun.” I confessed, flashing him a smile.

 

“I’m glad… I guess I’ll see you Monday?” He asked. I nodded.

 

“Alright break it up, break it up,” My brother’s voice came from behind us. I sighed and turned to glare at him.

 

“Nothing was happening.” I commented. He shook his head and pointed at Chanyeol.

 

“Nothing happened yet. This boy is a sneaky one… remember what I said about smooching my sister?” He reminded. I smacked my forehead and pushed my brother back into the house.

 

“We weren’t going to kiss!” I shot at him. I turned to wave at Chanyeol. “See ya around Yeolie.” I called. He grinned and winked at me.

 

“Later Shorty.”