Trust Issues

We are Enemies /Haitus/

“So Kai, where do you go dance?” I questioned, feeling a bit cautious.

 

“There is a studio I always go to very close to here. It supposed to be closed, but the main dance instructor likes my style. So, I have spare keys.” He told me. I nodded and continued to follow him.

 

“Likes your style huh?” I questioned, thinking that was creepy.

 

“I’m kidding. It’s my uncle’s studio. I just get 24 hour access.”

 

The studio was empty just as he said it would be. He the lights and then turned towards a computer which I assumed was where the music was connected to.

 

“Any song you want to dance to in particular?” He asked. I shook my head.

 

“I just… want to dance.” I answered. He smirked and turned to choose a song.

 

She’s my babe

 

“Try dancing to this.” He suggested.

I grinned and considered it a challenge. I dropped the stuff I had down on the floor and continued on to move to the beat.

새하얀 그 손 끝에

Flick of the wrist

녹아버린 쵸코라떼
 

Twirl

you’re walking into my door

Snap

좀더 널내게 보여줘 (don’t lie) 솔직해 진다면 (gonna be easy)

Crossover

단 한번도 느낄 수 없던 달콤한 하모니

Slide

don’t be too late

 

And finally the song ended. I looked over at Kai, who grinned and clapped my performance.

 

“You’re no dancer, but you’re good.” He complimented. I bowed shyly and walked over to my belongings.

 

“Thanks I guess…,”I muttered, not completely agreeing with him.

 

“Thanks for letting me dance here, but I think I should head home now. It’s getting late.” I explained. He nodded understandingly.

 

“Well whatever your problems are… hopefully they’ll get fixed soon.” He suggested. I picked up my stuff and tilted my head curiously.

 

“How did you know-,”

 

“You’re dancing speaks for you yknow. Plus, I remember the expression you had on before you ran in to me. You are troubled by something.” He explained. I eyed him curiously.

 

Would asking advice from a stranger be too much? Well… It can’t hurt to get an unbiased opinion.

 

“Kai?” I called out to him, a bit timidly.

 

“Yeah?” He asked, facing the screen of the computer.

 

“Can I ask for some advice?” I asked again, feeling incredibly awkward at this point.

 

“Asking a stranger for advice? You must really be in trouble.” He teased. I sighed and nodded agreeing with him.

 

“It’s just should I lie and keep everything I have now? Or should I tell the truth and possibly lose everything I have now?” I asked, knowing I didn’t give him much information to go on.

 

“Tell the truth…I mean you don’t know if in the end you’ll lose everything you have. I mean… you can only keep up a charade for so long.” He answered. I nodded and looked up.

 

“You’re right…All of this is becoming too troublesome.” I breathed out. “Thanks again, Kai.” He nodded.

 

“Hey…”He called back at me as I walked away.

 

“Yeah,” I answered turning back to look at him.

 

“If you ever need to dance or vent or whatever, you can always come find me here.” He offered. I smiled lightly at the kind gesture.

 

“Yeah…I’ll keep that in mind.” I told him, waving and leaving.

 

I can’t hide all of this… I just have to tell the truth and hope for the best.

 

[The next day]

 

I woke up and had my mind made up. I was going to tell the truth to my friends. Of course I had to let Luhan know first, but Kai made a good point. For my own sanity I had to do this.

 

My phone rang and I knew who it would be considering the date that I didn’t have with him yesterday.

 

“Hey Chanyeol…” I answered.

 

“Hey! Jaeri… I hope you’re feeling better today because we are going on a date today!” He exclaimed in a demanding tone.

 

“Yeah yeah I know jerkwad. When do you want me to meet you?” I questioned. I heard him chuckle a little in the background.

 

“Now, at the mall,” He told me. I sighed but agreed anyways considering that I had no choice.

 

“Alright…,”

 

“Cool, see you later.” He replied hanging up. I quickly went to choose something to wear. I didn’t want to look like I was trying to hard but I didn’t want to look like a slob either.

 

“Hey JJ!” my brother called from outside of my door.

 

“What?” I answered.

 

“Dad called and wants us to have dinner with the Lu’s. He had a panic attack when he found out that you asked them to help you stay here. So now he wants us to take them out for a nice dinner as gratitude. So, don’t make any plans for tonight.” He told me. I sighed.

 

I guess something nice it is.

 

I ended up going business fancy. I wore a white blazer with a dark blue blouse. The blouse was plain with no extra embellishments. I paired that with a royal blue skinny jean and a wedged boot. I definitely looked way too fancy for the mall, but in order to make this work I had to dress for both occasions.

 

“Okay Shinwoo I’m leaving! I’ll see you later!” I yelled as I left. I merely got a ‘bye’ in response and I was on my way.

 

As I was walking to the shops, I got to thinking about what Kai and I had talked about last night. I wondered how everyone was going to take it and what Luhan’s reaction would be.

 

Part of me felt like he would feel betrayed because I didn’t just keep the secret between us. At the same time, I felt Baekhyun, Haemi, and Chanyeol would feel betrayed if they found out and realized that I kept it from them.

 

Well… I can’t really win either ways. I guess I have to hope Luhan would understand.

 

I quickly typed up a text message, just to let him know what I was eventually going to do. I figured I could always talk to him about it later.

 

Hey Luhan…

I’m really grateful for all your family is doing for me,

But I think it’s time I tell the others what’s going on.

It’s not that I don’t trust you to keep a secret but…

All of this lying is really getting to me. I’ll call you later

Okay?

I sent the message and took a deep breath. Now, all I could do was wait and see what was going to happen.

 

When I arrived at the mall I was greeted by a wide eyed Chanyeol.

 

“Whoa… why are you dressed like that?” He questioned not in an insulting way more like in a surprised way.

 

“I’m going to have dinner with my brother and Luhan later so I have to look presentable.” I explained. He eyed me curiously.

 

“Sad to know you didn’t dress that way for me, but why are you dressing that way for Luhan?” He urged on. I shrugged and rolled my eyes.

 

“It’s a long story. You’ll find out soon enough.” I told him. He pouted and glared at me.

 

“Look if I’m going to find out you’re Luhan’s girlfriend we should stop this now. It’s not right for you to cheat on your boyfriend like this y’know.” He scolded. I scoffed and turned to glare at him.

 

“What’s your problem? You’re the one that asked me out on a date. Also how dare you accuse me of cheating on a non existent boyfriend? I don’t know how many times I have to tell all of you that Luhan and I aren’t dating!” I shot back at him. Instead of a taken back Chanyeol I saw a frustrated one. He looked at me with an expression that I had never seen from him before.

 

He smile was long gone and all he did was stare me down. We stood in a silence glaring at each other.

 

“Then… why is he so important to you?” He asked, in a low tone, much lower than his usual tone of voice.

 

“What do you care…” I shot back. He bit his lip and looked away from me.

 

“Forget it… let’s just have our date. I want to be good to you today.” He confessed, still not making eye contact with me. I sighed and let me guard down. I walked up closer to him.

 

“So… what are we doing today, freakish giant?” I teased interlacing my hands with his large ones. He bit his lips again in an attempt to hold back a smile.

 

“Just wait and see…,” He replied.

 

Just this time around… I’m going to trust him.


Okay so again, I'm taking a long time to update this but I promise I will keep updating this. I have a couple things that I want to set clear to you guys before I get a bunch of peopel bashing me later on.

1. Kai is not a major character. He's like a reliever. He's my anti-writer's block man. Got it? ^^;

2. Haemi and Baekhyun will show up occasionally but please do not ask me to go in depth about their stories. I will try to write it well enough to where you know how those two stand but I'm not going to make full on chapters about them. They are meant to be minor characters.

3. I apologize for inconsistancies. I started the story thinking i was going to take it one direction and am now currently taking it another. So I apologize. I'll eventually go back and fix it so it flows better but for now you guys can get the beta...sorry.

As always thanks for reading! <3 I love all of you guys. Please do keep supporting this story! I will do my best to update more!

Til next time...Ppyong!~