Lies, Vistors, and Questions.

We are Enemies /Haitus/

Since today was Friday, I rushed home. I dressed in the most comfortable yet girly clothing I could find. I wasn’t fond of always being dolled up but I could stand it occasionally. My family always taught me that you dress to make the first impression a beneficial one.

 

Of course that’s what business people would say. Still, with Luhan I was out to seal the deal with his parents. I wanted them to look at me and think ‘she’s a good girl. She looks trustworthy. She doesn’t seem like she’d be a hassle to watch over.’

 

I dressed in a pastel green pleated polka dotted skirt. For the top, I wore a pink laced tank top. I accentuated with pastel ballet flats and a floral headband.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded.

 

Jaeri… you look like a different person.’ I complimented myself. I headed out of my room and mentally thinking about the conversation that I was going to have with Chanyeol.

 

‘Chanyeol my brother has a company meeting and says I have to go with him. Sorry but can we reschedule the date for tomorrow?’ I nodded taking a deep breath. My heart ached for lying to him, but there were things I needed to take care of.

 

“Hello?” Chanyeol almost immediately answered when I dialed.

 

“Umm Chanyeol…” I started.

 

“Mhmm…” He urged on. I sighed and just blurted my planned lie.

 

“My brother has a company meeting that he want me to go to with him. Can we…maybe reschedule?” I questioned, biting my lip. I didn’t know if he bought it or read past it. I was waiting for his reaction.

 

“Aish… things are never straight and simple with you huh shorty?” He groaned. I rolled my eyes and chuckled fakely.

 

“Look giant, you already know my brother has a weird impression of you. Do you want to push it? I mean I could tell him ‘no Shinwoo I’m not going with you because Chanyeol says so’ but I’m sure he’d beat you to the ground after that.” I added, smiling to myself at how believable it seemed. That wasn’t a complete lie. My brother didn’t completely trust Chanyeol.

 

“Ara ara… geez, but tomorrow for sure. We are going on that date.” He demanded. I jumped for joy.

 

It worked! It actually worked!

 

“Okay! Tomorrow it is. See you then Channie.” I called. He immediately chuckled.

 

“Ahh… it sounds so good when you call me Channie.” He complimented. I blushed slightly. I couldn’t help but be thankful he wasn’t standing right by me. God knows how much Chanyeol likes to tease me; he would tease me more if he knew I was embarrassed.

 

“Byeeee.” I yelled.

 

“bye,” He mumbled, hanging up. Luhan had previously texted me his address and I was headed that was.

 

Maybe today wasn’t that bad afterall?

 

[With Chanyeol]

 

I was wondering why she was leaving so quickly… I sighed heavily feeling disappointed that I couldn’t swoon Jaeri today.

 

Well I guess I’ll just have to wait until tomorrow.

 

I looked at the clothes I was wearing. I prepared these clothes specifically for this. I wore a graphic tee with a plaid collared shirt; dark faded skinny jeans, and matching converse. It was still casual, but compared to the usual t-shirt and sweats, this was definitely a level up.

 

Jaeri… the things you do to me.

 

I fell on to my bed and stared at the ceiling. I didn’t know what to do. My parents were going to work late, so I was alone again.

 

Just as I thought about just falling asleep, the doorbell rang. I groaned and walked over to the front door. My eyes widened when I saw who was at the door.

 

“Halmoni?” I questioned as I opened the door. She grinned brightly at me and brought me down in to a hug. I hugged her, but I noticed that she brought a female visitor with her. She was a girl around my age.

 

What is she doing with my grandma?

 

“Oh Channie, I came because I knew you’d be lonely. So I brought you a friend. You remember her don’t you? It’s Hayoung your friend from the farm!” My grandma exclaimed. I was still quite confused.

 

I remembered Hayoung. She used to be a girl that I would play in mud puddles with and chase chickens together with. What really perplexed me was, my grandma came in to town to bring Hayoung to me?

 

“Hi Hayoung, it’s been a while.” I commented awkwardly.

 

“It has… but I see you grew up to be tall and cute.” She complimented. I rubbed the back of my neck not knowing how to respond. It was nice of her, but I certainly didn’t tingles like I did with Jaeri.

 

“Thanks,” I answered. My grandma was standing there watching us the whole time.

 

“Ah how cute are you guys, now lets go in. I have a nice dinner I want you two to help me with.” She insisted. I nodded and welcomed them in to our home. Hopefully, I’ll find out what grandma was really doing here.


So I have been swamped with school work and stuff... i feel so bad that I keep letting you guys down. It's just hard. T-T. Please understand. I'm a university student for all of you that are curious. I'm trying really. I will update when i can and hopefully as school starts to normalize I can tell you a definite date I will update until them bear with me.