Haemi... the not so helpful friend.

We are Enemies /Haitus/

[At Lunch]

 

I walked towards our usual table and found that Chanyeol and Haemi were the only ones there.

 

“No Baekhyun and Luhan?” I questioned. They shook their heads. “Hm… I wonder what’s taking them so long.” I thought out loud.

 

“Baekhyun is probably moping about his birthday again.” Haemi commented. I glared at her fiercely. She put her hands up in defense. “Sorry,” she apologized. I shrugged it off and sat down with them.

 

“I was thinking about baking him a cake.” I told them. Chanyeol perked up quickly.

 

“Can I help!” he exclaimed. I eyed him curiously. Chanyeol was oddly enthusiastic.

 

“Are you sure you want to help?” I questioned. He nodded rapidly. I couldn’t say no. As much as I wanted to say, ‘No Chanyeol, why would you voluntarily come to my house to bake a cake for Baekhyun? I’m sure we don’t want to spend a whole day with each other.’ I didn’t. I shrugged.

 

“I guess I will see you this weekend then?” I questioned. He nodded smiling.

 

“What’s with you two? Aren’t you guys usually fighting by now?” Haemi inspected. I shrugged at her.

 

“I guess we don’t have anything to argue about.” I added. Chanyeol smiled brightly agreeing.

 

“I think it’s time I try being friends with Jaeri. What do you think?” He asked me, his gaze directed straight at me. I felt time stop as I stared at him.

 

Since when did Chanyeol have this effect on me?

 

“Um… I-I guess,” I replied, shortly. Haemi smirked.

 

“I feel some kind of love thing going on here.” She stated. I rolled my eyes. I didn't understand her. I highly suspected she liked Chanyeol so why was she acting that she was okay with me and Chanyeol being together?

 

“You think me and every guy in the world have a love line.” I muttered. She chuckled.

 

“What can I say, you need some serious dating action.” She commented. I ignored her but had no one to entertain me but Chanyeol. I was wary of trying to talk with Chanyeol. Ever since we went bowling things started changing between me and him. I don’t know if this was good or bad.

 

I was scared to find out what this was turning in to.

 

“So… should I bring anything?” He questioned. I shook my head.

 

“Ani we can just go buy everything together.” I assured him. He nodded at me obediently. Baekhyun and Luhan came just in time. I didn’t want to get in to a deeper conversation with him.

 

“Sorry we are late guys. I had an assignment I had to turn in.” Baekhyun told us. I nodded.

 

“A teacher asked me for help. I couldn’t say no.” Luhan answered.

 

“Oh so you’re Luhan. Jaeri you have good taste in men.” She winked. I groaned and dropped my head down to the table.

 

What the hell Haemi what the hell…

 

“Excuse me?” Luhan questioned, also shifting awkwardly under Haemi’s gaze.

 

“Ah don’t worry. I’ve heard good things about you.” She told him. He furrowed his eyebrows not understanding how to respond.

 

“So Baekhyun, your birthday is coming up. What are you going to do?” Chanyeol wondered trying to get off the subject.

 

“Um… pizza and a movie at my house? I’m not planning anything huge.” He commented. Haemi shook her head.

 

“Are we all invited?” She asked. He nodded.

 

“I’m not rude, of course everyone is invited.” He shot at her.

 

“In that case, maybe you can be my date Channie!” Haemi exclaimed.

 

“Bwo!” Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and I exclaimed. Luhan’s eyes also seemed to widen in surprise.

 

I knew Haemi was straightforward but how could she do this for Baekhyun’s birthday! Aside from being an aweful gesture towards Baekhyun, I couldn't help but feel my heart drop that she asked Chanyeol..

 

Haemi what the hell is your problem!

 

“Chill guys it was a joke!” she defended. We all stared at her angerly, with the exclusion of Luhan who was out of the loop.

 

“Um… well lets just eat.” Luhan cut in trying to get out of this situation.

 

I sighed… why did it feel like Haemi was just trying to make my life harder for me lately?


So this was more of a transitional chapter.. ^^; hope you don't mind... Gah Haemi is horrible huh? X.x >.> Thanks for all the comments!~