The Last Goodbye

My Crazy Hot Aliens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs9X8NhQJF4

-----

You shut your eyes against the wind. The weather was chilly outside and it felt even colder when you were ‘flying’ in the night sky.

“We’re here, Star.” Chanyeol whispered and gently set you on the grass.

You opened your eyes and pulled away from him. You glanced back. Your house was only a few miles away, but it had taken less than 10 minutes to come here when Exo-K used their incredible strength and flexibility to jump over buildings.

Suho came up to you, “Star, we can say goodbye now, if you want. It’ll only get harder if you continue.”

“No!” You blurted. You glanced at the others and shook your head, “I can do it.”

“Are you sure? It’ll be hard to come down all by yourself.” Suho worriedly stated. *Especially with your ineptness to walk across a flat surface without tripping.*

You firmly nodded, “I can do it.”

Suho sighed, “Okay then. Come along.” He went up the hill.

You climbed after Exo-K. Kai grabbed your arm and you gave him a questioning look. He bent down, “Get on my back.” “I know how to hike-“ “Just do it. It’s my last request to you.” Kai quietly said. You paused then went on his back. He encircled his arms around your knees, lifted you up, and carried you up the slightly steep hill.

The 7 of you came to an enclosed area that had a big warning sign: RESTRICTED AREA.

Kai let you down. Suho turned to you. “This is it, Star. This is the farthest you can come with us.”

Your heart dropped like a rock. You stepped back and looked at the ground, “Oh. Okay. I guess this is it then…”

It was silent. None of them wanted to leave and the time was approaching.

Suho took charge as the leader. “We all get two minutes with her and then we have to go. Don’t look back once you’re over that fence.” Exo-K glumly nodded. Suho approached you first. “Star~” He tenderly called.

You slowly looked up to meet eyes with him.

Suho took your hands and rubbed his thumbs over your skin. “You are such a beautiful-hearted girl. I will cherish all the times we had together. You will be in my memory forever as Star.” He smiled and squeezed your hands, “Be happy, Star. Know that you will always have 6 friends in this universe.” You couldn’t say anything, in fear that you would break down. So you just nodded.

Suho kissed your hand and gazed deeply into your eyes, “Goodbye, Star.” Then he dropped your hands, hopped over the fence, and disappeared.

*There goes Suho.* You thought.

D.O. was next. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, “I’ve never been good at goodbyes…” He took a peek at you. You gave him a small smile and that was enough to crumble his pride. D.O. yanked you into his arms and you blinked in surprise. He squeezed you tightly, “Bye, Star. Be happy and healthy. Don’t let anyone bully you.” You nodded and patted his back, “I won’t.”

D.O. stepped back, gave you a small wave, and vanished also.

You took a deep breath as Sehun approached you. His eyes were glistening with tears. “I can’t do this…this is so hard…” He bit his bottom lip. You squeezed his arm with a comforting smile, “Goodbye, Sehun. Thank you for lighting up my life. You were a fun alien to be around. You never failed to make me laugh.”

Sehun burst into tears, “Star…”

You hugged him and his hair as he bawled into your neck.

Chanyeol gripped onto his bag, trying hard not to cry also. Baekhyun looked away and Kai stared at the ground. Nobody liked goodbyes.

Finally, Sehun pulled away. “Goodbye, Star…”

“Bye, Sehun.” You wiped his tears away. He waved at you until he reached the gate. Then he hopped over and walked away without looking back.

You looked at the remaining three. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Kai looked at each other.

*I don’t want to say goodbye but I don’t think my heart can take this anymore.* Chanyeol took a deep breath and came towards you. You felt your throat tightening up. You managed a smile, “Yeol…”

“DON’T.” He warned. Your face fell.

“Don’t….smile at me like that. It just makes things worse and at this point, things can’t possibly get worse.” Chanyeol growled as he looked away.

You could see his tears falling one by one. You reached out, cupped his cheek, and turned his face to you. Chanyeol gazed intensely at you. You gently wiped his tears away. “Thank you, Chanyeol.”

“For what? For leaving you?” He bitterly asked.

You looked into his eyes, “For always being on my side.”

His expression softened.

“You always did your best to protect me and I appreciate that. Thank you.” You expressed your gratitude once more.

Chanyeol’s gaze dropped down to the necklace. It was the one he had gotten you for your birthday. He glanced down and pulled out the half of your necklace from underneath his shirt. Chanyeol gazed into your eyes, “We’ll still be together no matter what. You know that, don’t you, Star?” You pulled out your own necklace and nodded.

Chanyeol cupped the back of your head and drew you into his arms. “You know I love shiny things, Star. And out of all the shiniest things in the universe, you shine to me the most.”

You shut your eyes and swallowed hard. You could feel your eyes heat up with tears.

Chanyeol shut his eyes and squeezed you tightly, “I love you, Star.” “I love you, too, Yeol…” You choked.

Chanyeol held you for what seemed like forever and the selfish part of you wished he would just never let go. Finally Baekhyun softly called, “Chanyeol.” Chanyeol opened his eyes and stepped back. Then without another word, he was over the fence. You watched him walk away. Your heart deflated when he didn’t even glance back.

Chanyeol squeezed onto the strap of his backpack. He swallowed hard as tears blurred his vision. *You heard Suho hyung’s orders. Don’t look back. Don’t run back. Don’t think of Star. Just go.* He started running and your head lowered in hopelessness. *And there goes Yeol.*

B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter