Pretending to be OK

My Crazy Hot Aliens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxxiOFYVjVk&feature=related

-----

The sun filled the bedroom. Slowly, your eyes began to open. Right in front of you, Baekhyun was peacefully asleep with his hand in yours. *Baekhyun…* For a moment, you were confused why you were sleeping on the same bed as Baekhyun. Then you remembered last night’s tearful goodbye.

Reality washed over you and you knew that today was the last day you would ever be with Exo-K.

You felt glum and sad, but you were better off than yesterday. You could accept the fact that they had to leave. You just had to lift your chin up and smile for them. You looked back to see Sehun and Kai asleep on Kai’s bed with Suho and D.O. asleep on Suho’s bed. Chanyeol had fallen asleep on the ground next to your side. You heard a quiet murmur by your side and turned your attention back to Baekhyun.

His eyes opened and he steadily gazed at you. A gentle smile appeared on his face, “Good morning, Star.”

You inhaled and bravely smiled back, “Good morning. Looks like we all fell asleep in one room.”

Baekhyun chuckled, “Looks like we did. Everyone was too tired to go back to their own rooms.” *Mostly we just wanted to spend the last night with you.*

“I should go wash.” You whispered. He nodded, “I’ll wake the others.”

“You don’t have to. They look pretty tired from last night…” You stood up and looked down at Chanyeol. You took his rolling head and set it back on the bed. His bang fell across his eyes and you gently swept it away. You glanced at the others then quietly left the room. You took a long, hot shower to wake yourself up.

Afterwards, you wrapped yourself in a towel and stepped out into the misty room. You wiped the mirror clear and gazed at yourself in the mirror. Your eyes were puffy and swollen. *Ugh. I look hideous.* You vowed to never cry so much again.

Quickly, you dried off and changed into a loose yellow sweater and denim shorts. You left your room and carefully skipped downstairs. You heard a clatter in the kitchen and darted inside. The shattered remains of a blue plate covered the floor. You shifted your gaze up to Chanyeol who stared at the mess in shock.

“I…I was trying to make breakfast for you…and it slipped…”

You hurried over, “Are you all right? Did you get hurt?”

Chanyeol shook his head but miserably gazed into your eyes. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. You knew he meant it in more ways than one. You kindly smiled and patted his hand reassuringly, “It’s all right. This plate was old anyway.”

You bent down to pick up the shards of glass. Chanyeol began to help you. Out of the blue, he asked, “It hurts…huh?”

You stopped and looked at him. He gazed back and searched your face. He noticed your swollen eyes and his expression softened. “I’m so sorry, Star.”

“It’s okay.” You whispered with a shrug, “You have to do what you have to do.”

*I’m still sorry.* Chanyeol leaned in and softly pressed his lips against your eyes. You shut them and stayed still as he kissed your swollen eyes. Slowly, he pulled back, got up, and threw the glass away. Then he went to wash his hands but ended up crying in front of the sink.

You opened your eyes again and looked at the bits of broken pieces you had collected. *This is like us right now. Shattered and broken. But one day, we’ll all be all right.*

-----------

Breakfast was awkward and silent. You looked at the dismal boys. You couldn’t stand the depressing atmosphere. *If I smile, they won’t feel as guilty that they’re leaving. Come on, No Haebin. Be your old self. Be loud and strong. You care for them, don’t you? Then act like it!*

You suddenly stood up and banged your hands on the table. Exo-K jolted up in surprise and stared at you. “Ow! That hurt!” You wagge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter