Chapter 10 - Her Change

Timeless

Ever since that day, Reii opened up to Doojoon more and more without knowing herself. For one thing she knew for sure, she didn’t dislike Doojoon’s companion anymore.  In fact she had started to enjoy it. She didn’t find Doojoon annoying like before although Doojoon did the same thing everyday which was to stay by her side.

‘What are you going to eat today?’ Doojoon asked as they made their way out of the classroom. ‘Sandwich’ Reii replied.

‘Hey about that, can you not eat that today? Doojoon asked with his hand behind his back like he was hiding something. Reii turned to look and gave him a confuse look.

‘Well I sort of made lunch for us.’ Doojoon showed the lunchbox he had hid behind. ‘Lets not have sandwich for lunch and eat this instead?’ Doojoon asked. He was hoping that Reii would agree.

Reii took a look at the lunchbox then at Doojoon *He looks so sincere, should I?* Reii looked at Doojoon again and felt hard to reject him the way he looked. Reii nodded and head towards the field where they were for lunch everytime instead of heading to the cafeteria first.

*She agreed! Looks like she really starts to accept me as a friend now* Doojoon beamed and quickly followed her. He was really happy that Reii started to accept him. Reii didn’t ignored him like how she used to. When he greeted Reii in the morning, although Reii didn’t say hi back, she would always looked up from her book and nod her head to acknowledge his presence, a way of greeting him back. Reii would also reply Doojoon whenever Doojoon asked something. Although her answers were short, Doojoon thought that it was more than enough for now. Doojoon believe that someday from now, he would be able to hear more of Reii’s sweet voice.

They sat at the bench they usually sat and Doojoon opened one of the lunchbox up and passed it to Reii along with the utensils he brought. ‘I cooked omelet for our lunch today. You wouldn’t mind right?’ Doojoon asked and carefully glanced at Reii to see her response from the side of his eyes while he opened his lunchbox.

‘No.’ Reii said and picked up her spoon to have a taste of it. Doojoon turned his head to Reii so that he could see her expression. Doojoon was still waiting for her reaction as she took the first bite of the omelet.

His heart was beating anxiously inside. *What if she didn’t like my cooking. What if the taste went wrong. What if I’ve put too much salt or sugar during cooking and destroy the omelet.* All thoughts were running inside Doojoon’s mind as he looked at Reii who had a pokerface on.

Reii looked up and looked at Doojoon who was staring at her. She looked at the omelet on his hand and looked back at him signaling why he wasn’t eating. Doojoon caught the signal and quickly ate his omelet while glancing at Reii. *She didn’t spit it out and she didn’t say it was nice. But she continue eating it, does it mean that she likes it?* Doojoon smiled happily at his work before eating the omelet in his lunchbox.

Awhile later Reii finished the omelet and passed the lunchbox back to Doojoon. ‘Thanks’ she said and looked back towards the field again. Although it was just a simple word ‘Thanks’ Doojoon couldn’t help but feel contented and happy about it.

 

~~~~~~

The bell signaling end of class rang. Students stood up and bowed to the teacher before leaving the classroom. Reii too walked of out the classroom and towards the gate with Doojoon beside her. she stopped at the front of the school. It was pouring heavily outside. Students were taking umbrellas out of their school bag before walking out into the rain and towards the school gate. Doojoon too did the same.  Reii just tighten her strip of her bag and prepare to run for it since she didn’t have any umbrella with her. But before she could make a run for it, Doojoon stopped her.

Doojoon noticed that Reii didn’t have any umbrella with her and stopped her before she could run into the rain.

*Should I share the umbrella with her? What if she didn’t want it and make things worst?* Doojoon pondered.

‘Use this, don’t get yourself wet’ Doojoon said and passed his umbrella to Reii. After he passed his umbrella to Reii, he tightens the strip of his school bag and made a run out into the rain. He decided to give Reii the umbrella and run home himself instead. Reii wanted to pass it back to Doojoon but he was already reaching the school gate, running his way home.

*He woud be fine right?* Reii sighed and opened the umbrella up to go home.