30

Voice of my Heart

 

White Day came around faster than you expected, and you were met at lunch with various gifts from your friends.
 
Sungyeol gave you a set of three fake glasses in different colors. You tried them all on and asked  for Myungsoo’s opinion, making him laugh at all of them.
 
“Hey! These are cute on her. Stop laughing, you jerk,” Sungyeol said, throwing a carrot at Myungsoo.
 
Hoya and Dongwoo chipped into get you a custom hoodie that said had a crown on the front, and on the back had “KIM MYUNGSOO’S” in large, bold letters. Myungsoo nodded in approval.
 
“I approve,” he said, giving them a thumbs up. You rolled your eyes and felt the inside, noting that it was super soft.
 
“Just what I’ve always wanted,” you said sarcastically, “to be someone’s property.”
 
“Obviously, you’re missing the symbolism. That crown means you’re a princess, and combined with the words on the back, it just means that you’re my princess.”
 
You rolled your eyes and eyed Dongwoo and Hoya, making them laugh. “That’s exactly what it means,” Hoya said, leaning back in his seat.
 
“See? I’m never wrong,” Myungsoo said with a smug look on his face.
 
“Shut up,” you said, punching him in the arm.
 
“Ah. Love hurts.”
 
When you ran into Sungjong later, he gifted you with some packets of cute origami paper.
 
“Oh! This is cute!” you said, thumbing through the pages.
 
“Yeah... Oh, and by the way. AmberandIaredatingnowjustsoyouknowIgottagonowbye!” he said as fast as he could before running away from you to catch the bus.
 
You blinked a few times before turning around to run after him. “Yah! Lee Sungjong! You better come back here and repeat that at a speed my brain can process!”
 
--
 
Graduation was here before you knew it. Suddenly, all of your lunch buddies were getting their cap and gowns and mailing out graduation invitations. You stared at the ones from Sungyeol, Hoya, and Dongwoo before frowning slightly.
 
"Why the long face?" Myungsoo asked, leaning over on your bed to look at the invitations in your hands. "They're all having a joint party at Sungyeol's place, so I don't know why they each gave you an invitation. Trees died for these."
 
"I asked for one from each of them. All of their handwritings are different, and they wrote different notes to me." You stared at the invitations sadly. They were going to be leaving you to start on the rest of their lives.
 
"It's not like we won't ever see them again. I'm pretty sure Hoya and Dongwoo said they'd be hanging around here and going to a school close by. Sungyeol is going to Sunggyu's school."
 
"I know, but... It'll be weird not seeing them every day."
 
Myungsoo smiled and pulled you into his arms, nuzzling his face into your hair. "After the summer, we're going to be seniors. This time next year, we're going to be sending out graduation invitations and have people cry about us graduating."
 
You sighed. "Already? I feel so old."
 
"Don't let Sungyeol hear you say that. He's in hysterics already. Something about suddenly having to be responsible for his actions."