19

Voice of my Heart

 

Woohyun’s reputation was completely destroyed, something you secretly danced about in your head. Since Myungsoo broke his nose, Woohyun was the object of teasing for his now slightly crooked nose. His parents refused to pay for it to get fixed as a punishment.
 
Myungsoo’s stitches came out eventually, and you spent a lot of your time staring at the thin, white line and small, pink holes next to his eye. Myungsoo knew you were staring, but he didn’t pay too much attention to it.
 
You did, however, start to pay more attention to Myungsoo. Though he didn’t have a six pack like Woohyun did, Myungsoo did have very nice arms. They were well built, and you didn’t know how you didn’t notice them before. They were comforting, you knew that much.
 
And since Myungsoo was in a better mood with you around, he started taking better care of his appearance. He showed up at your doorstep to help you with your final project for your arts class, and you opened the door to suddenly stop and stare.
 
“What?”
 
“... Did you get a haircut?” You blinked at him a few times. His bangs swept up into a perfect curve, showing off his forehead. It complimented his face, and you could see a hint of color.
 
“Only a trim and a color on top. My mom was starting to complain, so I had to do something to keep it out of my face. Do you like it?”
 
You heard the hint of a tease in his voice and pouted. “It looks nice.”
 
He noticed a small blush rising to your face and chuckled. “Well, are you going to let me in? It’s freezing out here.”
 
You stepped out of the way, and Myungsoo stepped inside, shivering slightly as he started to unwrap himself.
 
“Hey, Myungsoo. Oh, don’t you look nice?” your mom said as he took his shoes off.
 
“Thank you. My mom was complaining about my hair so I had to do something. You ready to work?” Myungsoo asked, hitting you with the bag he was carrying.
 
“Yeah. Let’s get this over with.”
 
Myungsoo followed you to your room and dropped his camera bags onto your desk as you rummaged around for some warm clothes to put on.
 
“So, what exactly is this project for your arts class?”
 
“He said it was a collage, but I have to make it really creative or else I won’t get a lot of points for it.”
 
Something you and Myungsoo had in common was art. Pictures to be exact. While Myungsoo excelled at photography and prints, you were better at sketches and painting. You didn’t have enough time to start a painting or physically draw a collage to your full ability, so you called Myungsoo in for help.
 
“And you had me bring my cameras because...?”
 
“I’m going to make a picture of pictures.”
 
“Pic-ception.”
 
You nodded and pulled on your winter clothes and a hat before heading over to your dresser and sifting through the top drawer for a pair of fake glasses. Myungsoo wandered over to you and glanced over your shoulder before picking out his own pair and putting them on.
 
“So how did you wanna do this?”
 
“Polaroid pictures at the park, then take a picture of them with your DSLR and then print it!”
 
“I’m glad you want to use my three thousand dollar camera like this.”
 
“Hey. We’re not taking it with us to the park, so you don’t have to worry about it being stolen.”
 
“Or scratched,” he said, giving you a glare. You accidentally scratched the lense a week after he first got it. Myungsoo was furious with you and refused to speak to you for days. After that, he just learned how to edit out the scratch in Photoshop. You gave him a sheepish look before opening your door.
 
“You’re headed to the park now?”
 
“Yeah. We’ll be back in an hour, hour and a half at most,” you said, shoving your feet into your boots.
 
“Take lots of pictures.”