17

Voice of my Heart

 

Your parents and Woohyun's parents were sitting in the principal's office while the kids were getting patched up in the nurse's office.
 
"Where are Myungsoo's parents?"
 
"They're out of town on a business trip and left him in our care."
 
The principal frowned and muttered something about lack of parental supervision, making your parents glare at the principal.
 
"With an apology, he would only get one day of in school suspension. But he has voiced clearly that he has no intention of apologizing, so I'm afraid we're going to have to suspend him from school for four days."
 
"You'd think you'd be more concerned about your daughter's boyfriend," Woohyun's mom said stiffly, eyeing your parents.
 
"Our daughter isn't dating your son anymore. And before you judge Myungsoo, do you know where your son was last weekend?" your mother asked, glaring at her.
 
"He was at his friend's house, studying."
 
"He was at a party, getting drunk and cheating on my daughter. There are pictures. In fact, here..." Your dad whipped out his phone and pulled up your Facebook, scrolling through the pictures for his parents to see.
 
"Myungsoo is a good kid. Your son, however, could use a little looking after. If he comes anywhere near my daughter again," your dad said, narrowing his eyes.
 
Woohyun's mom's lips got tight as your dad turned his phone off and stuffed it into his jacket.
 
"We'll have a talk with Woohyun while we take him to the hospital."
 
Myungsoo and Woohyun were waiting in the nurses office for the parents to get out. Both of them jumped when the door slammed open and Woohyun's parents came storming out.
 
"So is he getting expelled-" He yelled in pain when his mother grabbed him by the ear and dragged him out of the chair.
 
"You're lucky you're not the one getting expelled. We're going to have a very long talk on the way to the hospital."
 
"Ow, Mom!"
 
Your parents shook their heads as Myungsoo stood up, wincing as he raised an eyebrow.
 
"Four days of suspension from school."
 
"I'll take that," Myungsoo said, wincing again as he smiled. The nurse said that he was going to have to get stitches for the cut next to his eye.
 
"Come on. We'll take you to the hospital and get you stitched up," your dad said, throwing his arm over Myungsoo's shoulders.
 
"Then we'll take you out for wherever you want to go for lunch. Our treat," your mother said with a smile.
 
You were waiting for them outside of the nurse's office with Myungsoo's things, punching him in the arm as soon as he was in sight.
 
"What is wrong with you?" you almost yelled at him. He took his stuff from you and grinned.
 
"Go to class, honey. Remember, straight home from school!" your mother said as they led Myungsoo out of the school.