11

Voice of my Heart

 

The weather plunged, and it was freezing outside. When rain was added to the equation, it made mornings and school days completely unbearable. To normal people, at least. Myungsoo took the opportunity to take some breathtaking pictures of the rain and dreary atmosphere.
 
Communication between you and Myungsoo stopped. You two didn’t even say hi to each other in the hallways anymore. It was so awkward. Myungsoo’s heartache dulled to the point where the cold froze it and left him blissfully numb.
 
When he couldn’t sleep at night, he would go out and take a drive around wherever his car took him. It was midnight, and it was freezing. He heard the tell tale signs of raindrops falling on the roof of his car, and only had a second to turn on his windshield wipers before it started pouring.
 
“Jeeze,” he said, mist appearing in front of his lips and disappearing as soon as it came. He was on his way back home when he saw someone standing out in the freezing rain, holding a coat over their head. His headlights flashed over them, and in complete surprise, he pulled over and rolled down the window.
 
“What the hell are you doing out here?” he demanded. You were shivering and looking around nervously.
 
“W-W-Woohyun was supposed to pick me up a-and take me to a p-party,” you said through chattering teeth.
 
“It’s midnight! And it’s raining! You’re going to freeze to death and die out here! Get in my car. I’ll take you home.”
 
“You can’t! My parents think I’m at Krystal’s house, and Krystal’s parents think she’s at mine.”
 
Myungsoo stared at you in disbelief. He couldn’t believe you. But the longer you were outside, the higher chance you got of getting sick. You already had a weak immune system to begin with.
 
“Just get in the car. You can spend the night at my house,” he said. You pulled open his door and got in gratefully, shivering even as he turned up the heat.
 
There was nothing said between the two of you as he pulled up into the driveway and dragged you inside.
 
“Where are your parents?” you asked as he opened up the front door and closed it behind you, flipping light switches and taking off his shoes.
 
“Business trip. They won’t be back till next weekend. Go clean yourself up in the bathroom. Take a hot shower. I’ll let you some of my clothes and get you some medicine before you get sick. We can throw your clothes in the dryer.”
 
Myungsoo moved through the house to take care of the tasks and glanced over his shoulder to see you still standing in the doorway, wrapped in his jacket. He could see your eyes tearing up, and he stopped what he was doing and made his way over to you.
 
He gave you a fond look and sighed, reaching out to brush a wet strand of hair away from your face. You couldn’t hold it in anymore, and you cried, wrapping your arms around him and sobbing into his chest.
 
Myungsoo sighed but didn’t say anything. He wrapped his arms around you and provided whatever silent comfort he could. Eventually, your sobs died down to a few sniffles, and Myungsoo leaned back to look at you.
 
“Done? Go take a shower and change already.” He let go of you and returned to the kitchen to find pills for your impending fever.
 
“Thanks, Myungsoo,” you said quietly before heading up the familiar stairs to the familiar bathroom.