21

Voice of my Heart

 

Your mother heard the laughter long before the loud thump at the front door. She glanced up at the clock and noted that the two of you had only been gone for an hour. When the front door finally opened, the noise amplified as you held something away from Myungsoo. He reached for it, but tripped over the ledge at the front door and fell into you, sending the two of you to the floor.
 
That didn’t stop him from trying to grab what was in your hand though. You laughed and took another picture with your camera before a red screen on your camera flashed.
 
“Okay, okay! Stop! My memory is full. I can’t take any more pictures!” Myungsoo stopped moving and let out a sigh, letting his full weight fall on you. You pouted and tried to get him to roll off of you, but he refused to move, lifting his legs up so your mother could close the door.
 
“Did you finish your project?”
 
Myungsoo held up a stack of pictures from the floor.
 
“Good. Your teachers called with your progress report. You’re ungrounded. Your phone’s on your desk.”
 
You blinked a few times. After spending almost two months without your phone, you didn’t even feel like you needed it anymore. “Oh. Okay.”
 
Myungsoo sighed and got off of you, dusting some snow off of his clothes and helping you up. “Come on. Still have to arrange the pictures and take a picture of them.”
 
The two of you trudged into your room, and your mom couldn’t help but notice the pink flush on your cheeks and how close you and Myungsoo were walking together.
 
Myungsoo dropped the pictures onto the table as you peeled your layers off. Everything was so hot now. You kneeled down next to your table and spread the pictures out, starting to arrange them.
 
Myungsoo sat down at your computer after taking your point and shoot, plugging it in, and pulling up the pictures. He noted that the Internet was back and searched through the pictures for his favorite ones and emailed them to himself, along with the videos.
 
You glanced up to see Myungsoo smiling as he searched through the pictures. “You better not delete any of them.”
 
“I won’t,” he said, not taking his eyes off the screen. “Are you done yet?” He glanced over his shoulder to see you frowning at the arranged pictures.
 
“Yeah, but I don’t think there’s enough.”
 
Myungsoo got up and stared at them before going over to his bag and pulling out a stack of glossy printer paper. “We can print out a few to fill out the edges and stuff.”
 
You and Myungsoo searched through the pictures together, arguing over which ones to print out. When you two were finally done, he helped you cut them out and fill in the empty space. He pulled his DSLR from his bag and stood on your bed before starting to take pictures of your table.
 
You went through the pictures one more time, specifically looking for one. You found it, and enlarged it before printing it out. Myungsoo heard your printer finish printing and looked up to see you holding a picture in your hands, fond smile on your face.
 
“What’s that?”
 
“My favorite picture from today.”
 
Myungsoo stepped down from your bed and walked over to you to get a look at the picture. It was when you slipped in the snow on some ice, and Myungsoo slipped after you. Both of you were laying in the snow facing each other with smiles on your face. Myungsoo pressed his forehead against yours, and you snapped a picture.
 
You could see the wrinkles around your and his eyes as you two smiled.
 
“We look like a couple.”
 
There was a silence between the two of you before Myungsoo grinned at you and sat down at your computer to print out your project.