18

Voice of my Heart

 

Myungsoo's parents were less than pleased when they heard about what happened at school (Myungsoo called them to let them know because he was a good kid, definitely not because your parents were glaring at him until he called), but they were glad that you and he were friends again.
 
Myungsoo ended up getting four stitches next to his eyes. Woohyun had a black eye, a broken nose, and a busted lip.
 
"Guess those muscles are just for show," he said, shrugging his shoulders whenever someone asked him about it. Four days of no school passed by in a blink of an eye.
 
The dynamic of your friendship with Myungsoo changed. Most of it remained the same, but there was something different. There was more skinship than before, and you were more comfortable with each other, if that was possible.
 
He was the only one of your friends that your parents allowed over, because he helped you with your school work. You'd begged your teachers for extra credit projects to bring your grades up before the winter grading period was over.
 
Some of them were nice and gave you easy, but time consuming projects. And others weren't so nice and gave you hard, time consuming projects.
 
Myungsoo calculated your grades and figured that you would be back to an A B average if you made A's on all your tests and papers. He thought you could do it, because you were smart, and you were on social lockdown.
 
"Myungsoo..."
 
He looked up from his homework with a raised eyebrow. Your eyebrows were furrowed as you stared hard at nothing.
 
"Why did you stay around? Why were you so willing to help me, even after I treated you like that?"
 
Myungsoo pursed his lips, leaning his head onto his hand, and tapping his pen on the table. "I wouldn't be a very good best friend if I let you destroy your life, now would I? And it's hard to leave something you've been attached to for nine years. I care about you. Just like I know you care about me, too. You'd do the same for me, right? Just a little more violently. Don't lie, I know you," Myungsoo said as you started laughing.
 
"I would've done the violent route too, and slapped some sense into you if I wouldn't get arrested for domestic violence."
 
"Myungsoo."
 
"I'm glad you're back to your normal self."
 
You smiled at him. "Me too."
 
"Finish your homework. I'll help you with your extra credit projects when you're done."