29

Voice of my Heart

 

You had to wait until after school to give Sungjong his chocolate. You knew he would be at his locker after school for a little bit until he would go running to catch the bus.
 
You told Myungsoo you’d meet him at the front gates after giving Sungjong his chocolate, so you knew you could take your time.
 
You were about to turn the corner towards Sungjong’s locker when you heard him talking with someone, making you stop and duck back behind the wall before peeking around.
 
“Here. I made you chocolate.”
 
Sungjong blinked a few times as he stared at the chocolate. “Really? You made chocolate for me?”
 
“Don’t think too much of it, okay? It’s just a thank you, you know, for being a good friend.”
 
You tried not to squeal with happiness when Sungjong took the chocolate from her with a surprised look on his face. “Oh- I. Wow. Thanks, Amber.”
 
Amber refused to meet his eyes, shoving her hands into her pockets. “Yeah, yeah. Don’t get used to it. I’ll see you later,” she said, turning to walk off down the hallway. You ducked back behind the wall and pressed yourself against the lockers as she walked by, raising an eyebrow at you.
 
When she was gone, you hurried over to Sungjong, who was still standing there with a dazed look on his face.
 
“Oh my god. Amber made you chocolate,” you said with a squeal. “I think she likes you.”
 
“She did say not to think too much of it,” Sungjong said, turning to you, “and when Amber says something, you better do it.”
 
“Well, if it means anything, I think the two of you would make a cute couple,” you said, fishing in your bag for Sungjong’s chocolate. “Here you go!” You handed him a little yellow box, and he smiled at it before thanking you.
 
“You and Amber should date,” you said, punching him in the arm. He shook his head.
 
“Please don’t do this to me.”
 
“Why not? You guys did it to me and Myungsoo. You and Amber would be so cute!”
 
Sungjong blushed and sighed. You laughed and grabbed his arm, dragging him away from his locker.
 
“You better hurry. The bus is probably about to leave.”