Chapter Seven

White Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Young girl walked feet to the suburb area, in the North. There was a hill and Lantian climbed it.

On the hill, there was a quite big house, surrounded by wooden gate. Though it was built by wood, but the log was good and expensive type showing that the owner was not poor.

Wu’s young mistress crossed the gate without burden; she strolled into the area until she arrived at a wooden porch by a stream, then climbed to sit buttocks and stood one knee on the railing.

Before, the sun was rolling to behind the mountain.

Lantian rose jar to her lips and poured wine into throat while her eyes were watching golden light of the sun over surface of the water flow. The cool windy blew slightly. Bit by bit, mind of the woman was cooled down.

Though anger was removed, but upset was not wiped off yet. The lassie frequently blew long wind from the pair of external openings.

At the entrance of the porch, a young man, in elder age than the gal, was walking in. He wore white plain dress and had a gentle long hair. Although he decorated himself commonly, still his charm was on show. This man had much gleam similar to Lantian; just he was taller. Through his pale face and his walking movement exhibited he was within not strong health.

He was Wu Feng, the eldest son of Wu Guang.

Wu Feng walked his slowly pace to stand by the railing next to his younger sister.

“Today is his death anniversary,” Lantian uttered.

“Do you argue with father again?” Wu Feng said.

“I don’t want, but it’s always happened on this day.” Lantian raised up wine jar to drink before she threw a heavy blow from mouth.

“It has been five years. You should drop it,” Wu Feng said.

Lantian fell her eyes. “It’s a human life. How can I drop it?” she said.

“Even though, he is our father.”

“I know, but I really don’t know how to forget it. I cannot forget it.”

Lantian re-lifted jar to swill the alcohol.

Noticing the face of sister, Wu Feng knew that she was very unhappy. No one could understand the pain she was going through; no one could feel the hardness she was holding. For a twenty years old girl, that was a very heavy thing and it was not easy to put down.

Sometimes, Wu Feng felt he was not good brother. He had not ability to help his sister even to share her heaviness. Nevertheless, no one could help the rock that Lantian was grabbing; she herself was the one who could save herself. What Wu Feng could do was standing next to her, to accompany her, quietly.

Brother and sister watched the sun down to behind the peak. When the sky became navy blue and the wind started to be cold, Lantian got off the railing.

“I go back,” she said.

“You go home or somewhere else?” Wu Feng stated.

“I go to Wan Hua Lou then I will go home.” Lantian told the truth.

“Don’t go home late. Eldest mother will be worried.”

“I know. I leave.”

As lady offed the porch, a man wearing as same style as Wu Feng, in hands holding a tray, arrived and bowed. “Third young lady,” he said.

Lantian did not pause her legs, she just nodded.

The dude climbed the floor of the porch. He put tray on table and stated, “Young master, it’s time to take medicine.”

Wu Feng showed small grin and wagged his head.

*****

 

Room’s door of lady

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter