Chapter Eleven

White Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was beautiful with the light like the gold over the roof of the house.

The day that Yang had been waiting for arrived.

The five young ladies already prepared for the trip with the man that most of the city girls were dreaming of.

To make it look like what they had told – that they were busy – Yang Fu and his ladies did not show up around their daughters.

The gentleman Longwei arrived on time before the residence of Yang. Lantian also presented along with her brother. Each of them brought their own maid.

As for Yang’s young ladies, among the five, only Ehuang took her private servant to accompany her; the maid named Xiaojie.

When Lantian saw the female attendant of the first daughter of Yang, she seemed to have a strange feeling about her - it seemed she had met her, but not face to face.

First place for the young travelers to visit was the pagoda that was located in the middle of Lin’an city. It was a famous tourist site of the capital; everyone from everywhere did not miss to reach for this locale.

Yang’s girls just came from the province; they were not familiar to the city.

“Young master Wu, what is this place?” Ehuang said.

“It is Central pagoda,” Longwei said.

“Central pagoda!”

“Yes.” Longwei grinned. “It is the biggest pagoda in Lin’an. It is believed to be the holy shrine. Everyone likes to come here to ask for help, most of them ask for passing exams, growing a business, marriage, and a baby.”

The youngers arrived at a temple.

“It is called a praying temple. People come to pray and ask for help here.”

The rich juveniles stepped into the hall through the large double doors. Before their eyes was the statue of Buddha about five meters high, in the manner of giving a blessing, stored in the middle of the hall. On the floor, in front of the statue, there were pillows in the shape of lotus. Between the statue and the pillows, there were few wooden containers with wooden sticks inside.

“In our hometown, we have this box too,” Liqing said. “People wish in their minds then shake the box until the stick comes out. On the stick, there is a number. We’ll take the stick to find the meaning of the number to see if our wish is successful or fail.”

“Correct,” Longwei said. “It is the same here.”

“Elder sisters,” Li Ai stated. “We should pray for our parents.”

“Right.” Liqing nodded.

“Xiaojie, take incense,” Ehuang said.

“Yes, miss.”

Xiaojie hurriedly to find the gums following her mistress command. After she turned their tips to smoke, she handed it to her mistress before others. Then she provided it to the siblings of her lady, but she did not give it to Caihong.

As for Longwei, his male maid organized for him – and offered to Lantian also.

“Third miss,” the maid said.

Xiaolan received it instead of her mistress.

“Give it to her,” Lantian told and pointed her chin at Caihong, who was standing before her.

“Yes.”

Xiaolan brought the incense to Caihong.

The girl expressed thanks, then knelt down behind her sisters.

While brother and young ladies were praying, Lantian stood silently by the door. It did not mean she did not believe in Buddha, but in her own opinion, success was received by hard work, not by praying. However, her eyes did not stop following the second girl of Yang; she was eager to know what the colleen was wishing in mind.

After praying to the Buddha, Ehuang, Liqing, Li Ai and Lifen shook the box.

“Where can we get the interpretation?” Liqing said.

“Young master, the interpreter is outside,” maid of Longwei said.

“Um.” Longwei nodded, then he talked to the ladies, “I’ll take you there.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter