Chapter Ten

White Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mother of Lantian was famous around the city for her menu. Even the queen praised her work a lot.

Though Lantian did not know how to cook, she knew the ingredients that the food should contain. Moreover, her tongue was powerful to sense how it was cooked and the level of the cook.

Yang Fu, his wives and his three daughters knew about it.

Actually, the real purpose of Lantian was to find out the food that the second young lady of Yang liked because she wanted the girl to eat a lot, but Yang Fu and his wives thought she was checking the housewife skill of their girls. In their minds it was an important opportunity to go a step to be near the seat of the daughter-in-law of Wu.

The matured millionaire eyed his girls with a mind praying, he had invested so much on them, this time, he wished they could pay him back.

As for the mothers, each of them hardly breathed and their hearts jumped fast in their chests; they were scared much more than their daughters.

Even the three matured daughters though the big mistress of Wu was studying their ability in the kitchen too. The girls indicated their competences in line.

“Bird nest soup with dried red jujube, wolfberry and ginseng, adding small sugar to make it less sweet is very beneficial for health and skin,” Ehaung said.

“It’s night and cool, so boiling fish with pickled cabbage and chili is suitable food. It can give warmth to the body. If young lady Wu does not like spicy, you can reduce the chili,” Liqing voiced.

“I noticed young lady Wu didn’t have much rice, so you should eat steamed dumplings. The dough can make your stomach full like rice. Inside the dumpling, there is pork, shrimp, tofu and vegetables. It is a good dinner,” Li Ai stated.

“I think all of the food is delicious. I can eat it all,” Lifen said.

Statement of Yang’s youngest daughter made Longwei grin.

“Fifth young lady is really honest,” he said.

The youngest girl smiled before she continued to activate her chopsticks. She was just fourteen, she was not in the list yet; therefore, no one pressed hard feelings on her words.

Everyone expressed already, only Caihong did not. The second daughter of Yang was eating her bowl without paying attention to the quiz.

“How’s about the second miss?” Lantian said.

Caihong rose her face when she heard her name was mentioned. At that moment, everyone rotated to her. The girl felt not comfortable when she met with many eyes on her.

“What food do you like to eat?” Lantian said.

Caihong looked at the female questioner. Eyes of the elder girl were bright the same as when she had met with her. Those peepers made her mind vibrate like the waves in the river. Second daughter of the millionaire hurriedly dropped her eyes before she opened her lips, “Cabbage.”

“Cabbage!”

Caihong nodded.

“Fry or steam?”

“Fry.”

"Meat?"

"No, just tofu."

“Do you want chili?”

“One dried chili.”

“Salt or sugar?”

“Only soybean is enough.”

Minds of Yang’s adult members were full of worry, they watched the young lassie, they thought the recipe might upset or anger Wu’s daughter because it was not high class food, but Lantian surprised them.

“Good,” she yelled. “Fry cabbage and tofu.”

It was unbelievable that the minister’s girl was eager about the low and unknown menu from Yang’s unrecognized daughter. This made Ehaung tied her eyebrows; also lady Fan bit her teeth. Mother and daughter held cross faces towards the concubine’s child.

As for Yang Fu, he showed a different attitude. He expressed a smile and hurriedly assigned his maid, “Tell the chef to make the food f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter