Chapter Forty

White Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Young lady Wu knows that you are having difficulty living with your family. She wants to help you to be self-confident, stop relying on others and be independent, so she came to me asking me to help find a job for you. If you have a job, you will earn, then you will be able to help yourself. However she told me to not tell you that she was the mastermind because she didn't want you to feel that you owe her."

"So you accept my food, is it her idea?"

"Asking you to bring embroidery and cooking food is her idea, but she didn't tell me to take yours. She asked me to make a fair judgment. I accepted your food because your food is truly good, not her instructions."

Listening to the narration, Caihong felt stronger guilt.

"Young lady Wu is a scholar," Yang Ying continued. "She is able to see that you have a talent in cooking. You just need time to find yourself and improve your skill. She also sees that you are honest and easy to trust others; hence, she told me to remind you when you signed the contract. She wanted you to learn how to survive in this society. There are bad and good people. We cannot see through who is bad who is good." The experienced female paused for a few seconds before she added, "Young lady Wu told me she thought that you like eating tofu and you might make a tofu dish. She told me two nights before you brought the first menu, but I was confused and told you she came to me one night before."

Hearing this part, the poor daughter of the millionaire was reminded of when the good sis had gone to her house to eat lunch. At that time, she had acted unreasonably towards her because she had misunderstood that she had lied to her.

'Caihong, you are naive. She helps you but you pay her back badly.' She blamed herself.

"Young lady Wu is a very good person. She helps many people but she doesn't want them to pay her. She helps them with her true heart, that's why she doesn't tell the person she is helping. You know? She cares about you so much. She knows that you are lonely, she wants you to have a friend, that was why she took you to me. She knows that you don't like her, so she asked me to be your friend to talk with you and tell her if there is anything wrong with you. She is the one who helps you but she turned all virtues to me. She also bought a gift and sent it through her maid to thank me for helping you. In fact I didn't do anything. It is her who is truly your helper."

At this moment, the lassie remembered everything including her misinterpretation when she had heard that the elder miss had talked with her maid about the thing that was sent to the female hostess.

'Caihong, you are not only naive but also stupid. Very stupid.' She scolded herself.

"At first, all these stories are a secret, but because you sensed it, I think I should tell you. I don't want you to continue misunderstanding young lady Wu. Do you know? You are the only one that she cares about."

"Why?" Caihong said with a question expression on her face.

Yang Ying smiled, "This question you should ask young lady Wu directly."

"But now she is not well. I can't even say thank you to her." Caihong dropped her face and exhaled a heavy wind.

For this matter, Yang Ying was unable to help either.

"If I go to visit her at her house, can you go with me?"

Hearing this, the geisha shook her head. "I cannot," she stated. "First reason I didn't know and haven't been to her house. Second reason is that my identity is not appropriate to visit her. Though she doesn't mind, it doesn't mean her family welcomes me. Especially her father. He is the high ranking minister. He will be angry for sure if I present in his house."

"If so, how can they welcome me?"

"You are different." Yang Ying grinned her lips. "Even though you're not recognized in your house, you have a better background than me. If you go, I believe they will not tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter