Chapter Forty One

White Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After knowing everything and being aware that the elder sis was sick, because of her, the low daughter of Yang Fu's mind was not at ease; she wanted to see her so much. However, she didn't know what to do to be able to approach the kind female. She wanted to ask permission from her mean half mother, but when she reached before the door of the main hall, her feet froze immediately. It was because she was reminded of when the first madam asked why she wanted to go out. Since she hadn't a proper excuse to give to her, it was better to not take a risk or even if her work with Wan Hua Lou to earn money would be exposed, then the situation would be not good.

Following the consideration, Caihong decided to retreat her body. 

Even though her mind was not at peace; she was eager to meet the elder woman to see how she was; she was so worried about her.

Because mind was falling into the concern, the second mistress didn't notice her younger sister and her maid who were coming to her till she made a call, "Second sister." Then she woke up and turned to the caller, "Third sister."

Liqing walked closer. "I saw you walking from the main hall. Did you go to see eldest mother?" She said.

"Um," Caihong said in with her eyes dropped lower.

"Do you want to buy something?"

"No." Caihong shook her head. "I am banned for one month."

"This matter I heard from Lifen."

Caihong showed a sad smile. "I don't have anything to buy. I…"

The poor daughter of Yang Fu ended her speech at this point and made her face low.

Though the elder woman didn't say, the smart sister could see through both her mind and the situation. She said to her maid, "You go to tell mother that we are going to the market to buy things for her and second sister is going with us."

"Yes miss," the maid said then hurriedly marched off.

"It's not good if eldest mother knows it," Caihong said in a worried voice. Her mind was concerned as she didn't want her half sister to get in trouble with her. 

But Liqing responded with a fresh smile, "You are banned from spending money but you don't get banned from going out. Don't worry, you go with me."

Hearing the confident tone of the junior, the elder sister changed to have a better face.

When the maid came back, Liqing told her to bring the carriage, then three of them climbed on it and traveled to the trading site.

When they reached it, they toured around at a slow walking rate.

"Sister, where do you want to go?" Liqing asked.

"I don't know," Caihong stated. "You said you came to buy things for second mother. You should go buy it."

"It's not a hurry." Liqing grinned. "Well, I know a store selling delicious steamed rice cakes. Do you want to taste it?"

"Okay." Caihong nodded.

"It's over there." Liqing pointed and brought her half sister towards the stall.

Like fate, when they arrived, they saw the heir of Wu was standing before the shop.

"Young master Wu," Liqing stated.

Longwei turned to the voice owner and was surprised to see the daughters of Yang Fu. "Third young lady," he greeted. 

"Do you like steamed rice cake?" Liqing said when she noticed the dessert inside the man's hand.

"My mother likes it so I come to buy it for her." 

"What a coincidence!" Liqing said with a smile. "I like steamed rice cake as well and this is the best store here. I usually come to buy it, but I didn't see you."

Longwei smiled his cheeks up, "I frequently come here. These days I am busy, I am just free today so I came to buy it." Then he turned to Caihong, "Second young lady, you come too."

"Young master Wu," Caihong said and showed a greeting towards the man.

"My mother just talked about you yesterday. She told me to invite you to visit our house." 

"Your mother!" Caihong claimed with her eyes open. "Why did she invite me?"

"I have no idea," Longwei said. "Actually, I plan to go to you tomorrow, now we meet here, so I take this chance to invite you and also third young lady to visit my house."

Since leaving the house, the young lady had thought all the time to find a way to get to the house of Wu. Now it was a very good opportunity; she didn't need to find excuses or lie to her sister to go there, but her mind was worried - when she heard that the big mistress of the house wanted to see her. How did she know about her? What was the matter making her want to see her?

Caihong felt stressed as she didn't know how to respond to the high man.

Seeing that, Liqing tried to coordinate, "Second sister, since it is the invitation from madam Wu, you should not refuse."

Hearing it, the illegitimate daughter nodded her head.

"Please young ladies," Longwei said with a big smile. 

The two ladies and the maid walked following the lead of the male. They took separate carts, and about ten minutes they arrived in front of the residence of the high man in the city.

Caihong was pressured as she didn't know how to behave when meeting with the high ranking lady. Fortunately, she had Liqing. The younger sister talked with Longwei along the way home to obtain the information, then she knew how to address the madam she was going to meet.

In the garden in the middle of the house, lady Mei was cutting some leaves.

"Mother, I brought young ladies Yang," Longwei said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter