Tsuki ga kirei desu ne (3)

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I never understood you two.”

 

“Eh?” Sana looks at Momo, the two were waiting for Mina to get off work. Well originally it was just Momo but Sana soon showed up. It’s been 2 months since the two cancelled the engagement..it’s also been 2 months since Mina began living with Momo and 1 month since Aiko moved in with Sana.

 

“You and Mitan.” Momo says, taking a bite of the sherbet she bought from the cafeteria.

 

“Don’t call her that.” Sana glares at Momo, “Only I call her that.”

 

“You call her Mitang..I said Mitan.” Momo teases, she knows exactly how to push Sana’s buttons and she enjoys seeing the usual bubbly girl get so annoyed.

 

“Whatever.” Sana rolls her eyes, crossing her arms across her chest.

 

“But seriously Sana...can you tell me something.” Momo’s teasing tone disappeared.

 

“What?”

 

“What’s Mina to you? What does her existence mean to you?” Momo asks, watching Sana carefully, still eating her sherbet.

 

“I don’t think I can describe in words just how much her existence means to me.” Sana begins, playing with the necklace Mina bought for her when they were teenagers, “Mitang’s always been by my side, be it good or bad. It’s scary actually, just how much I’ve gotten used to Mitang’s presence in my life.”

 

“Are you scared?”

 

“Of?”

 

“Her leaving you.” Momo clarifies and the grip Sana has on her necklace tightens.

 

“If that day ever comes, I don’t think I can handle it. If Mitang leaves me..” Sana begins tearing up just at the painful thought, “if she leaves me…it’ll be like the air I breathe is taken too. A life with Mitang in it..” Sana lets a lone tear fall, “Would be meaningless.”

 

“And yet…” Momo shakes her head.

 

“What?”

 

“You really don…”

 

“Why are you crying?” Mina shows up, wiping the stray tear from Sana’s cheek.

 

“It’s nothing…Momo was..”

 

“Momoring.” Mina glares at Momo who puts her hands up, “Don’t look at me..I didn’t do anything. I just asked her a question.”

 

“What kind of question?”

 

“It’s nothing Mitang…I just got a bit too into my thoughts.” Sana smiles at Mina, leaning her head on the girl’s shoulders.

 

“Hmm okay.” Mina nods, “Wait..what are you doing here? I thought you and Aiko-san were going to Hokkaido?”

 

“I’m supposed to head to the airport soon.”

 

“So why are you here then?”

 

“I wanted to see you before I left, duh.”

 

“You don’t have to Satang…it’s just a waste of time.”

 

“Seeing you is never a waste of time.” Sana says, feeling displeased that Mina would think that way.

 

“I didn’t mean it like that…I just don’t want you to miss your flight.”

 

“It’s a private jet Mitang..it won’t leave without me.”

 

“But you hate making people wait for you.”

 

“I just wanted to see you before I left, is that so bad?” Sana pouts.

 

“Alright alright..have a safe trip.” Mina places a hand atop Sana’s head, “Don’t cause Aiko-san too much trouble.”

 

“Yes yes.” Sana nods, getting up from her chair, waiting for Mina to follow suit.

 

“C’mon I’ll take you to the airport.” Mina shakes her head, already understanding Sana’s silent plea.

 

“Oi oi, don’t leave without me.” Momo finally speaks up after watching the two act like the lovers they’re not.

 

“C’mon let’s go Momoring, we can grab a late dinner after.”

 

“Free food, let’s go.” Momo hooks her arm around Mina's, dragging her away, much to Sana’s displeasure.

 

~ ~

 

“So what exactly did you tell Satang for her to cry earlier?” Mina asks while her and Momo were lounging on their couch, drinking while watching a random show on netflix.

 

“I didn’t tell her anything..I just asked her something…she started crying on her own.” Momo defends.

 

“Momo.” Mina’s tone was serious.

 

“You’re just hurting yourself Mina.”

 

“Satang and I…we’ve been together since I can remember. We love each other, yes..but we’re not lovers. I know we’re best friends..But honestly, sometimes I’m not even sure what we are. There are moments where she does things that confuse me..that give me false hope…but no matter how confused she makes me, there’s one thing I’m sure of.” Mina pauses, her eyes catching the photo she has of Sana on the back of her phone, “And that is, without her in my life..I would be nothing.” Mina finishes, wiping the stray tear away.

 

“You two really are the same.” Momo shakes her head, “So what are you going to do about it then?”

 

“About what?” Mina looks at Momo.

 

“The internship in Seoul.” She looks at Mina, reading the girl, but Mina stays quiet, “Don’t tell me you plan on not going?” Momo’s eyes were wide.

 

“I don’t need to go.”

 

“Mina!” Momo stands up, “This is such a great opportunity! You said it yourself that the department head specifically vouched for you.”

 

“But it would mean moving to Seoul and finishing my residency there.”

 

“And?”

 

“That’s a 2 year commitment..maybe more.”

 

“Again and? This is Yonsei University Mina.”

 

“I know…I know..” Mina bites her lower lip.

 

“You’re scared of leaving because of Sana right?”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter