Thunderstorm -8-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-2 Years later-

 

They say time heals all wounds, but is that really true? Can the passing of time really be enough to heal pain?

 

“Minari.” A light tap pulls the doctor out of her thoughts, “Yes?” Mina smiles at the taller girl in front of her.

 

“Go home.” Jeongyeon shakes her head, grabbing the ipad from Mina’s hand, “I can handle this…just..take it easy today.”

 

“I’m fine Jeong.” Mina reaches for the ipad, but Jeongyeon pulls her arm back, “You’re not. Just go.”

 

“Jeongyeon.” Mina’s voice was stern, “I’m still your superior within the walls of this hospital.”

 

“I know, which is why I’m pushing you to go. You’re distracted Mina and being distracted in our line of work can be fatal.” Jeongyeon looks at Mina, “Right.” Mina sighs, running a hand through her hair, “Thanks Jeong.” The girl walks away and Jeongyeon watches as Mina disappears down the hall, knowing where the girl will be spending the day.

 

~

 

“Mitang hurry or we’ll miss it.”

 

“Calm down Satang, we won’t miss it.” Mina chuckles, pulling Sana’s hand to stop the girl from running off without her, “Sunset’s still 10 minutes away.”

 

“I know, but I’m just excited.” Sana smiles. It’ll be the first time we catch the sunset together, she thinks to herself as Mina finds the perfect spot at Astoria Park.

 

“I think this is nice…we get a view of Hellgate bridge and I think that’s the Triborough bridge. What do you think?” Mina asks.

 

“I think anywhere would be nice.” Sana replies softly, “Let’s come here every chance we get okay?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“It’s been 2 years already…” Mina looks at the sky, “but I still miss you the same..”

 

Mina knew it would be hard to let Sana go, especially with each passing moment she spent with the girl. Even if she had already planned on letting the girl go, she didn’t think it would be as agonising as it actually is.

 

“Hikari-chan..you were right..about her….”

 

It’s been a year since Mina’s surgical residency at Massachusetts General Hospital began and even though she’s thrown herself into her work, she still can’t move on.

 

“How do I let go?” Mina muses in Japanese, while her eyes gaze out at the horizon from the hospital’s rooftop garden.

 

“It depends.” A voice answers from behind her, “I’m Kimura Hikari.” The girl bows politely.

 

“I’m..”

 

“Myoui Mina-san.” Hikari chuckles, stepping forward to stand next to Mina, “Nice to meet you.”

 

“You too.” Mina looks at the girl, Hikari.

 

“So do you want to share?” Hikari asks, a soft smile on her face.

 

“Share?”

 

“What or who is it that you want to let go of?”

 

“Isn’t that something a little too personal for one of my patients?”

 

“I’m not though..so just trust..”

 

“Any patient of this hospital is a patient of the doctors of this hospital; therefore you are my patient.”

 

“Insurance companies would argue otherwise.” Hikari chuckles, “But I like your save all attitude.”

 

“It’s impossible to save everyone, but it’s possible to try.”

 

“That I know very well.” Hikari looks up at the sky, “Too well.”

 

“Not to be that person but…”

 

“Why did I approach you?” Hikari interrupts, “Well, I didn’t know it was you Dr. Myoui, but your figure just looked lonely…and you spoke Japanese so..patriotism and all that. So stop overthinking…I knew someone from your world who never trusted anyone's intentions too.”

 

“Who?”

 

“See if you can withhold things, so can I…maybe when we’re closer I’ll tell you about it…and maybe you can find your answer too.” Hikari smiles softly.

 

~

 

“Mina-chan~ I’m hungry…let’s eat together.” Hikari pouts, begging the young doctor.

 

“I’m sorry Hikari-chan, but I’m quite busy today…”

 

“Mina-chan is that you?” A voice Mina knew too well says from behind, slowly Mina turns and comes face to face with Kaori’s mother.

 

“Tsuchiya-sama.” Mina bows her head, “Hello.” While Hikari slowly backs away to give the two some space to talk.

 

“How are you? I had heard from your mother that you’ve gone off to become a doctor.”

 

“Hai..” Mina was tongue tied, barely able to meet the older woman’s eyes.

 

Kaori’s mother never blamed Mina for the loss of her child. She had always liked the girl and found her to be endearing. She also knew how much Mina cared for her daughter, saw how the sparkle in Mina’s eyes wasn’t there when they bade their final goodbyes to Kaori and it scares the woman to see that light still gone. She’d thought that Mina had let her go..that she’d move on, but it seems like she’s barely made any strides forward.

 

“Mina-chan.” Kaori’s mom grabs hold of Mina’s hand, “I told you this before and I’ll tell you this a hundred times more, but what happened was not your fault. Stop blaming yourself and move on…let go Mina-chan. Our Kaori wouldn’t be happy seeing her best friend still mourning. She may be gone, but she will always live on in our memories.” The older woman cups Mina’s face, “Okay?”

 

“Hai.” Mina nods her head, unable to lift it back up.

 

“Don’t be a stranger okay?”

 

“Hai..” Mina lifts her head, eyes b with tears, “Take care of yourself…oh and I didn’t come here for myself, I was visiting a friend” The woman chuckles, wanting to clear up any possible misunderstandings Mina may have, “Anyways, remember my words. I have to go..Take care.” She hugs Mina tightly, to which the girl returns, “Hai…please take care of yourself as well.” Mina says in a soft whisper, finally able to say something more than yes.

 

“I see.” Hikari walks back up to Mina, “When you're ready…you can tell me.” Hikari wraps her arms around Mina, who’s still holding back her tears.

 

“Hai.” Mina chokes out.

 

~

 

“Sana-chan loves sunflowers.” Hikari notes while Mina waters some of the flowers in the hospital’s garden, “Sana-chan?” Mina looks over her shoulder.

 

“Sana-chan is someone very important to me.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter